Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MPH

How would you improve the team in January?

21 minutes ago, Langston said:

I've never understood the clamour for Ryan Fraser, I don't actually think he's any better than what we have.

I'm basing this mainly on the fact he underperforms a lot for Scotland (they all do tbf lol) but I know what you mean, I'm never blown away when I watch him but at the same time his stats make very impressive reading.

1 hour ago, Langston said:

I've never understood the clamour for Ryan Fraser, I don't actually think he's any better than what we have.

He doesn't look very impressive all the time granted but he got 7 goals and 14 assists last year despite being in an average Bournemouth team. He is also out of contract in the summer which means if rodgers could get him back to that form, which he is capable of doing, he could be a good player for us. 

2 hours ago, Langston said:

Don’t think of him in the Riyad Mahrez mould think more Marc Albrighton.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, henrik_62 said:

The entire reason Leicester would be in with a shout of getting Lemar would be because of his record at Atletico being poor, if he was pulling up trees he'd be unattainable for obvious reasons.  A player with better output, who plays regularly in the Atletico side wouldn't go to Leicester, that's not a dig just a harsh reality.

The theory behind a signing such as this is your signing a player who has bags of potential, still at a good age, who hasn't had the best time of it lately but with a manager who has a proven track record of developing players you can get him firing again.

You have to ask where is Lemar's next move after being a flop at Atletico?

Arsenal had a £92m bid turned down by Monaco a couple of years a go so he was deemed a shoo in to be a world class player at one point. You can't imagine any elite clubs wanting him after his dreadful stats and time in Madrid. We probably wouldn't be his first choice but he might not be able to turn his nose up at us once he sees the offers for him.

We might be ideal for him with other players around his age group and on the crest of a wave and BR having the reputation of getting a tune out of players.  I'd prefer a loan with a set fee option to buy though as he might be genuinely gone at the game. 

• Like 1

the Japanese winger Manamino who plays for salzburg has a 7.25m release clause. Liverpool keen according to BBC. we’ll probably not have a chance if they are in for him but he would be an absolute steal at that price.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gerard said:

Arsenal had a £92m bid turned down by Monaco a couple of years a go so he was deemed a shoo in to be a world class player at one point. You can't imagine any elite clubs wanting him after his dreadful stats and time in Madrid. We probably wouldn't be his first choice but he might not be able to turn his nose up at us once he sees the offers for him.

We might be ideal for him with other players around his age group and on the crest of a wave and BR having the reputation of getting a tune out of players.  I'd prefer a loan with a set fee option to buy though as he might be genuinely gone at the game. 

Agree with all of this, absolutely spot on.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Having watched that AZ vs Man U game tonite, think @Ric Flair’s been making a very good suggestion in Calvin Stengs. He’s got a good shot with his left, could defo see him being dangerous on the right of our attack. £20 million bid in Jan worth a shout?

He's mustard, absolute assists machine.

• Like 1

On 12/12/2019 at 19:19, Gerard said:

Plenty of top clubs will still want Lemar, I'd have thought, especially if he's going for cheap.

He's quite obviously a class act but Atletico was always a weird move. He's just not a Simeone player, nothing about him screamed Simeone player, when they signed him it was always a bit weird.He's well suited to attacking, creative, passing football, he'd do very well under Rodgers but I doubt he's even on our radar. Arsenal will probably go back for him for a cut down fee and add him to Auba, Pepe and Laca for about another £45m whilst still not having a defence because Arsenal.

• Like 1