Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MPH

How would you improve the team in January?

1 minute ago, Jimbo said:

We need a player that Rodgers is trying to turn Perez into and previously Maddsion. 

I think we can all agree that the only real area that needs improvement is that wide goal scoring front man.

If you want a wide front man, why not go for the widest and give Adebayo Akinfenwa half a season in the PL to finish off his career?  Okay, so he'll be forty in a couple of years, but he sure would give opposition defenders something else to think about.

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, messerschmitt said:

Do you think he'll be that good?

Who knows, it's hard to tell with these wonderkids, he's only made one appearance for the first team as yet but he looked very good for a 16 year old in said match.  I'm hoping he gets a few more games towards the second half of the season.  The only thing I'd say at the moment is he's really small but I guess at 16 years old he still has plenty of growing to do in that regard.

3 hours ago, Christoph said:

Doesn't make sense considering the amount of assists Mahrez would get as well. 

Rather stay away from Zaha personally. Don't think he is much better than what we have already. Rather keep trying with Gray or get someone different in then spend the amount of money it would take to bring Zaha in. 

i guess i was meaning more of the not often tracking back to defend than the assists..

2 hours ago, henrik_62 said:

Who knows, it's hard to tell with these wonderkids, he's only made one appearance for the first team as yet but he looked very good for a 16 year old in said match.  I'm hoping he gets a few more games towards the second half of the season.  The only thing I'd say at the moment is he's really small but I guess at 16 years old he still has plenty of growing to do in that regard.

OK,thanks for the info, yeah know what you mean, I remember a 15 year old at Leicester who played for England school boys and scored a wonder goal against the Dutch but never made it as far as the first team. Like you say at that age you just can't tell.

1 hour ago, AKCJ said:

Someone that might be worth a punt on is Thomas Lemar.

Doesn't suit Atletico's system at all and his career is going down the pan there. Wouldn't be cheap and he'd be a huge risk but I think he fits our team perfectly.

Usually when I read the vast majority of suggestions on here they're either nowhere near an improvement on what we have or out of our range but this is a cracking suggestion.

He may well be out of our range tbf but he has excellent pedigree and his career is stuttering. BR could make him a player again and he might just be tempted with the project with the young players we have here and the quality of football we're playing. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AKCJ said:

Doesn't suit Atletico's system at all and his career is going down the pan there. Wouldn't be cheap and he'd be a huge risk but I think he fits our team perfectly.

That's actually a really good shout.

3 hours ago, AKCJ said:

Great shout, I’d put him and Malcolm in the same bracket who’s ended up at Zenit in Russia

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Why isn't he in your first team yet? He'd take the piss in the SPL

Lol 

Purely physicality, he’s still really small and physically slight, the hammer throwers of the SPFL would boot him up and down the park at the moment.

He missed the first few months of the season with injury so that’s limited his opportunities somewhat this season. I’d expect him to get some fleeting appearances in the second half of the season with a view to really pushing for a place next season.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

That's a great shout - always rated Lallana

Sad but too many injuries. For the positions he covers would not have the stamina to keep up with a Rodgers pressing/attacking midfield.

Rodgers and Klopp demand the same technical abilities in their players.

Just now, SO1 said:

Sad but too many injuries. For the positions he covers would not have the stamina to keep up with a Rodgers pressing/attacking midfield.

Rodgers and Klopp demand the same technical abilities in their players.

OK if you say so, I've not seen much of him of late, but if he can anywhere near the level he was in this video - he'd be more than worth a punt

6 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

OK if you say so, I've not seen much of him of late, but if he can anywhere near the level he was in this video - he'd be more than worth a punt

Don't get me wrong I think he was a very fine player. I just don't think he is what he used to be or Klopp wouldn't let him go.

Hope he proves me wrong as I loved him when Rodgers was there. Him and Coutinho together. :)

12 minutes ago, SO1 said:

Don't get me wrong I think he was a very fine player. I just don't think he is what he used to be or Klopp wouldn't let him go.

Hope he proves me wrong as I loved him when Rodgers was there. Him and Coutinho together. :)

Such a shame if injuries have done for him, he's one of the most talented footballers this country has produced for aeons.

Sounds like Liverpool's version of Matty James ie naturally gifted with a good head on shoulders but made of glass.

Agreed we should be staying well clear if that indeed is the case.

15 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Such a shame if injuries have done for him, he's one of the most talented footballers this country has produced for aeons.

Sounds like Liverpool's version of Matty James ie naturally gifted with a good head on shoulders but made of glass.

Agreed we should be staying well clear if that indeed is the case.

In some ways its a very tough business. Talk about highs and lows. Your looking in the right places though.

Rodgers happy to look at veterans. James Milner was an absolute steal.

Edited by SO1