Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MPH

How would you improve the team in January?

Unless it's a winger signing, any player coming in is going to be a fringe player to start with. Very much like when we won the league 4 years ago. 

I'm sure we'll look at centre backs as well but I'd be shocked if an established player like Dunk, Ake or even Demirhal would come here to sit onnthe bench or as 4th choice and not even on the bench for the rest of the season. 

Given how well we are doing I don't think we'll bring any players in.

Probably not one for January but I would love to see us really establish our credentials by going and taking a player who’s the jewel in the crown of another Premier League side. For once, not going for the young with potential at a smaller price option but spending to take away someone’s best player who is already proven in England. Imagine if we’d taken players like Wjinaldum and Mane the summer after we won the league rather than Mendy and Musa.

We need someone who can be creative and play wide. Go and get Grealish from Villa with the promise of Champions League football and the chance to come and play with his mates Maddison and Chilwell.

1 hour ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

Probably not one for January but I would love to see us really establish our credentials by going and taking a player who’s the jewel in the crown of another Premier League side. For once, not going for the young with potential at a smaller price option but spending to take away someone’s best player who is already proven in England. Imagine if we’d taken players like Wjinaldum and Mane the summer after we won the league rather than Mendy and Musa.

We need someone who can be creative and play wide. Go and get Grealish from Villa with the promise of Champions League football and the chance to come and play with his mates Maddison and Chilwell.

Grealish out wide would 100% improve the 11. He has caused an issue to every team he has faced this year including ourselves. Who cares if he can be a shitbag so can Vardy lol . Plus hes 'bros' with Madders and Chilly so it could work.

7 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Unless it's a winger signing, any player coming in is going to be a fringe player to start with. Very much like when we won the league 4 years ago. 

I'm sure we'll look at centre backs as well but I'd be shocked if an established player like Dunk, Ake or even Demirhal would come here to sit onnthe bench or as 4th choice and not even on the bench for the rest of the season. 

Given how well we are doing I don't think we'll bring any players in.

I genuinely don't believe you need to go out and bring anyone at all in come January, a window where value is hard to find.  Summer is the time to strike carefully and bring in a top class wide player who will chip in with goals and assists.  Signing people for the sake of it can sometimes upset the apple cart.  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

He’s on ridiculous wages in China, apparently. Over £150k a week. 

So is everyone in China, it's par for the course for any decent players that go there, that's why they go.  It's not going to come down for a financial decision for guys like Carrasco, it will be a footballing one and down to whether they want to continue wasting the best years of their career in a footballing backwater.

Carrasco is a great shout in all honesty and IMO attainable.  Guys such as him and Lemar (who someone else on this thread suggested) are exactly the profile of player you should be after, young enough with it all still to prove yet with great pedigree already.

Edited by henrik_62
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, les-tah said:

Grealish out wide would 100% improve the 11. He has caused an issue to every team he has faced this year including ourselves. Who cares if he can be a shitbag so can Vardy lol . Plus hes 'bros' with Madders and Chilly so it could work.

I think Grealish is a great player but I struggle to see how you would fit him, Maddison and Tielemans to an extent into the same side. He's too good a player to be shunted out wide and I think it would be a similar result as to when Maddison was played wide, unsuccessfully at the start of the season.

1 hour ago, henrik_62 said:

I think Grealish is a great player but I struggle to see how you would fit him, Maddison and Tielemans to an extent into the same side. He's too good a player to be shunted out wide and I think it would be a similar result as to when Maddison was played wide, unsuccessfully at the start of the season.

Played out wide against us on Sunday for the first half (scored and was heavily involved in the El-Ghazi chance / Douglas Luiz pull back) that Villa could/ should have scored 2 goals from. Moved inside and was extremely quiet. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

I usually agree with a lot of what you say, but Grealish has performed best for Villa out on the left this year rather than through the middle

I’ll take your word for it mate. I’ve only seen them a couple of times in all honesty this season and he’s played more centrally so was just basing it on that. Being aware of that now he would be an excellent signing for you guys in that case.

Edited by henrik_62

23 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

I usually agree with a lot of what you say, but Grealish has performed best for Villa out on the left this year rather than through the middle

But he doesnt want to play there. He's not going to come here to not play where he wants

29 minutes ago, shailen said:

Ziyech please. We are literally one player (winger) from competing on a regular basis. 

Ajax have just been knocked out of the champions league so maybe a January move isn't off the cards. It's not like winning the Dutch league for the however-manyth time in a row is really worth sticking around for. 

This is the type of signing that could take us to the next level! 

10 hours ago, wardyfox86 said:

If I keep saying it, it might become real. 

Takumi Minamino and Hwang Hee Chan from RB Salzburg. Minamino especially is incredible!

Come on Jon, get it done! 

I took a bunch of Okazaki shirts to Japan to visit my friends from Uni in May 2016 just after the title win. 

I'm hopefully going back around May 2021, would love to be taking Minamino shirts to celebrate our 20/21 title win. 

• Like 3

19 hours ago, FoxinNotts said:

He’s on ridiculous wages in China, apparently. Over £150k a week. 

He also wants out, what better way then a relative guaranteed starter with potential offering of Champs League football... if he's desperate to come back, he may consider "dropping" his package a little.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, les-tah said:

apparently he was brilliant is he a winger? 

He's a "forward" in the same sense as Perez is a forward. He's mostly used on the right but is given alot of freedom.

He's pacey and could weave his way out of a crowded phone booth.