Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MPH

How would you improve the team in January?

We've put everything into Maddison and Tielemans delivering through the middle and now they've lost some form we've hit a brick wall. I'm not sure if we're even looking for a winger, we didn't seem fussed in the summer. I'd take the punt on Chukweueze or Ferran Torres, and offer a part exchange for Perez it's not going to happen for him out wide and he wanted to return to Spain. I know nothing about them but at least they play the position.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Hmmm it's not that great, he's got 3 goals and 3 assists in 19 games and Barnes has 1 goal and 5 assists in 20 games and people are screaming he has no end product.

I like Chukwueze and we are probably going to have to take a punt on a progressive player who still has some way to go in fulfilment than someone " guaranteed " to get you goals and assists but having watched him a fair amount he is still not going to instantly give us what we are crying out for.

If Barnes continues in that form he'll have 10 assists and 2 goals (a facetious extrapolation, but it serves the point). I understand frustration with his finishing but he absolutely does have "end product". Someone like Ghezzal has no end product.

Not directed at you btw, I know you love Barnes, just that you mentioning Barnes triggered my deep brain.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Mark said:

We've put everything into Maddison and Tielemans delivering through the middle and now they've lost some form we've hit a brick wall. I'm not sure if we're even looking for a winger, we didn't seem fussed in the summer. I'd take the punt on Chukweueze or Ferran Torres, and offer a part exchange for Perez it's not going to happen for him out wide and he wanted to return to Spain. I know nothing about them but at least they play the position.

Agree with most of that but not the part ex bit. 

Perez was part of our biggest winning streak in forever, I think he adds to our build up pretty nicely linking down the right and I wouldn't be eager to replace him until someone proves themselves better. 

To be honest, on current form I'd rather we replace Barnes on the left first. My ultimate fantasy but semi realistic signing would be Lemar on loan with an option to buy if we finish top four. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mark said:

Rodgers has gone on record as saying if our wingers don't start adding goals and assists then he will find some that will, there's no way he would ignore certain areas of the team. He is all about goals, it won't be comfortable viewing for him right now. Torres is a good shout, probably unobtainable now but I was told we were looking to move for him again, I think last summer was the time to have done that.

1 hour ago, Mark said:

Ferran Torres isn't in any sense a punt type signing, he has a release clause of 100m euros and Real Madrid have been desperately trying to sign him since he was 15.  There's no world where he is even a possibility sorry.

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Hmmm it's not that great, he's got 3 goals and 3 assists in 19 games and Barnes has 1 goal and 5 assists in 20 games and people are screaming he has no end product.

I like Chukwueze and we are probably going to have to take a punt on a progressive player who still has some way to go in fulfilment than someone " guaranteed " to get you goals and assists but having watched him a fair amount he is still not going to instantly give us what we are crying out for.

Better to use per 90 stats not per games, I’ve also not included European and Cup Games where he’s been better. Defo still raw, but has more to offer than any of our true wingers atm. 

1 hour ago, henrik_62 said:

Ferran Torres isn't in any sense a punt type signing, he has a release clause of 100m euros and Real Madrid have been desperately trying to sign him since he was 15.  There's no world where he is even a possibility sorry.

We had half a sniff of getting him last summer, he's been highly rated for a long while but never really proven he was as good as the hype suggested and there was a belief he could be got for around £20-25m but he is actually doing well this season so Valnecia would want double that I reckon, no way they'll get anywhere near his release clause.

On 12/12/2019 at 07:57, StriderHiryu said:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/12/11/wolves-prepare-january-swoop-salzburg-forward-hwang-hee-chan/

At that fee surely we’d be interested too? Is the right age profile and has Champions League experience. Salzburg are a dynamic team so he should be able to adapt relatively quickly. I’d even be happy with buying now and loaning back to Salzburg until the summer. Whilst he would offer something right now, our team isn’t desperate for signings until we have European games. 

On 20/11/2019 at 14:58, wardyfox86 said:

Minamino or Hwang Hee-chan from RBS. Both relatively young Asian players who can play across the front. Our board seem to look to tap into that market at times and they are both promising players in their own right. 

From the Athletic:

1016762721_Screenshot2020-01-13at14_58_36.thumb.png.6f01a091822e5592810d4952def650e9.png

Tenuous link, probably not worthy of its own thread.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

We had half a sniff of getting him last summer, he's been highly rated for a long while but never really proven he was as good as the hype suggested and there was a belief he could be got for around £20-25m but he is actually doing well this season so Valnecia would want double that I reckon, no way they'll get anywhere near his release clause.

Apparently Madrid are desperate to sign him so if that is indeed the case you'd imagine they'd get not a kick in the back side off the release clause if they come calling.

1 hour ago, urban.spaceman said:

From the Athletic:

1016762721_Screenshot2020-01-13at14_58_36.thumb.png.6f01a091822e5592810d4952def650e9.png

Tenuous link, probably not worthy of its own thread.

This guy I think will be a star in our league and well worth that money and whoever gets him will have done good business with him. I could understand him not being available until the summer though as Salzburg are still in the Europa League and had they kept all of their stars could have gone far. They still might!

He might be the sort of player who if we get to the Champions League we go for, but might not want now given the abundance of wingers in our squad, even if he might add value immediately. With the way we play, someone like him would get a ton of goal contributions.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Desabafar said:

tbh from what I heard at the end of November I doubt we will do anything, maybe a centre back to sit on the bench but maybe that has changed. should have been bolder in the summer but teams knew Maguire money was coming

If we don't and we end up out of the top 4 then we only have ourselves to blame.

22 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

Well we are nearly 60 pages in and I was thinking we should sign some kind of winger or wide forward that has goals in them?

C12C2467-4511-469B-A1B6-693E3A74778E.png.e72841f446f2c072a5b8c9912594eca6.png

• Haha 1

.. you really wonder about the quality Chan was playing against in that video. 

Certainly that team was full of confidence and playing for fun. What would he be like with a deep block, the physicality of the prem and the cynicism of premiership defenders. 

All things considered and if opposition equal to Prem. then we are certainly having to fork out at least £50m to secure him. 

Most endearing part of that is that he is a team player and definitely the right fit for our team!!