Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MPH

How would you improve the team in January?

7 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Would Brahim Diaz be worth a punt? Set to leave Real Madrid, can play left wing, behind the strikers and right wing. 

.. just checked him out on YouTube! 

Great skills on the ball, no end product no composure in front of goal, we need someone who can open a defence and put a teammate into space having pulled their defence out of position. 

A player like Chukweze can play through the middle and go either side, we need to get this right. 

3 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

.. just checked him out on YouTube! 

Great skills on the ball, no end product no composure in front of goal, we need someone who can open a defence and put a teammate into space having pulled their defence out of position. 

A player like Chukweze can play through the middle and go either side, we need to get this right. 

Chukwueze has very little end product right now either. The dream would be Oyarzabal but he will likely replace Sane at Man City or Dembele at Barca. Chiesa from Fiorentina would be unreal but again a pipe dream.

I think we need a left winger rather than a right winger but a few to throw in the mix are Tsyhankov at Kiev, Stengs from AZ Alkmaar and Orsolini at Bologna.

• Like 1

Josh Knight? Should be back from injury in February...

Now Demiral’s injured i’m a bit worried we will do something stupid like buying Lewis Dunk for 60m. 

Whereas Knight would be a financially risk free option & in the summer we can try get Demiral again. 

1 hour ago, Shane said:

Now Demiral’s injured i’m a bit worried we will do something stupid like buying Lewis Dunk for 60m. 

Whereas Knight would be a financially risk free option & in the summer we can try get Demiral again. 

It's certainly an option we should consider, especially as Benkovic isn't injured like first feared. Our immediate problems lie out wide anyway, we've both wings completely devoid of any goals and worryingly the opposition has shut them down from creating much either of late.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shane said:

Is Josh young enough to be in the squad without being registered? That would certainly help - and before too long we will have Wes back, although you would have to anticipate it taking him a bit longer to get back to match fitness. 

Ajax just signed Babel for depth, which further places Neres down the pecking order once he returns from injury - behind Promes, Ziyech, and Babel. I think we should try to sign him, will soon be back and absolutely has that X factor.

Or Everton Soares, one of the best players outside the Top 5 leagues

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Ajax just signed Babel for depth, which further places Neres down the pecking order once he returns from injury - behind Promes, Ziyech, and Babel. I think we should try to sign him, will soon be back and absolutely has that X factor.

Or Everton Soares, one of the best players outside the Top 5 leagues

You know how to set the pulses racing, Nico. 

• Haha 3

It’s still relatively early in the transfer window so can’t say for sure that Brendan won’t get a winger in. However, if the transfer window shuts and we haven’t signed any wide players, it just makes zero sense. All the fans can clearly see we are lacking out wide so why can’t he. Out wide we have no one that can truly impact a game and get the crowd on their feet. Hopefully Brendan will go out and get one

4 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

They feel quite attainable, I think that's why the idea is so appealing.

To be fair I'd have fcukin had Babel. Primes is another that slipped through the net as we supposedly were going in hard for him towards the end of the summer window in 2018. 

Neres would be sensational, I want him now and i don't care if he's injured. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Team is desperately lacking something a bit different from wide positions. The first time for a long time we've only had functional wingers and not some x factor, like Mahrez and Knockaert. 

Watching Mahrez rip Villa to bits days after we failed to break down their parking the bus really brought it home how much we failed to come close to replacing him. 

Like, we've built the squad very well since he left with much needed improvements in a number of positions but we do criminally lack wide talent. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Chukwueze has very little end product right now either. The dream would be Oyarzabal but he will likely replace Sane at Man City or Dembele at Barca. Chiesa from Fiorentina would be unreal but again a pipe dream.

I think we need a left winger rather than a right winger but a few to throw in the mix are Tsyhankov at Kiev, Stengs from AZ Alkmaar and Orsolini at Bologna.

A goal contribution every 2.8 games (using p90 stats 18/19 and 19/20) isn’t end product for Chukwueze in La Liga, at the age of 21?

Edited by RoyFox
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Watching Mahrez rip Villa to bits days after we failed to break down their parking the bus really brought it home how much we failed to come close to replacing him. 

Like, we've built the squad very well since he left with much needed improvements in a number of positions but we do criminally lack wide talent. 

We're still in a better position though since Mahrez left.  As hard as that is to believe.

He's been a hard act to follow but but there has been other issues like the defence that were more urgent issues. At least we aren't regularly conceding 5 goals like at Palace and Spurs in late 2017-18.

1 minute ago, Blue ROI said:

We're still in a better position though since Mahrez left.  As hard as that is to believe.

He's been a hard act to follow but but there has been other issues like the defence that were more urgent issues. At least we aren't regularly conceding 5 goals like at Palace and Spurs in late 2017-18.

Not that hard. Despite lacking a killer winger, we have moved on a lot from the point where a team could stick 2 (or 3) players on Mahrez and pretty much negate us an attacking force. That make me miss the little bastard ferret even more.

39 minutes ago, RoyFox said:

A goal contribution every 2.8 games (using p90 stats 18/19 and 19/20) isn’t end product for Chukwueze in La Liga, at the age of 21?

Hmmm it's not that great, he's got 3 goals and 3 assists in 19 games and Barnes has 1 goal and 5 assists in 20 games and people are screaming he has no end product.

I like Chukwueze and we are probably going to have to take a punt on a progressive player who still has some way to go in fulfilment than someone " guaranteed " to get you goals and assists but having watched him a fair amount he is still not going to instantly give us what we are crying out for.