Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MPH

How would you improve the team in January?

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

I think we'll be pushed in to accelerating our transfer plans as we need to freshen it up, the thought of missing out on the top 4 will ensure we try everything to get a couple of players in.

Agreed.

I think there's a combination of things affecting our form.

Players out of form. The obvious names, Chilwell, Tielemans, Barnes. We're a young side and this will happen..

Bad luck, the ball isn't breaking for us. Some unfortunate deflections, off-sides etc. It happens when you're out of form.

To some extent we've been found out, teams are pressing our midfield and negating our strengths.

We've not really resolved our lack of goals from our wide attackers.

We've tried different formations with mixed success. The diamond worked well away at Villa but lacks width. I think Rodgers likes the 3 at the back, it sort of solves the lack of effective wide attackers by having just the wing backs providing width, but allowing for a second striker (benefiting Perez and Iheanacho), and still 3 in midfield. Unfortunately this was undone with Chilwell's poor form in midweek against Villa where he couldn't hold any width, making defending easier for Villa. I'd be tempted to play Justin instead of Chilwell.

If a formation change won't work then the signing of a class player, a goal scoring winger, i think would give us that spark, freshen up the team.  I guess it just depends who's available and obtainable?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, enmac said:

Sounds like a real nutcase. Looks like he's on a very short fuse and has the potential to kick off at any moment. Not the kind of guy we want. I hope you were only joking?

14 minutes ago, enmac said:

It’s actually got to that level where you’d rather have someone at the risk of shooting up the place then Harvey Barnes

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, MGLCFC said:

Sounds like a real nutcase. Looks like he's on a very short fuse and has the potential to kick off at any moment. Not the kind of guy we want. I hope you were only joking?

Yes, although part of me would enjoy the experience. Might have livened up the game today. Definitely be a bad influence on Cags though.

1 hour ago, enmac said:

He fired a gun in a hospital after breaking the finger of a singer in a nightclub brawl.

its a no from me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Spicer said:

I hear Ademola Lookman might be leaving RB Leipzig as he's not playing much. Could be a good option on the wing.

mega million being requested by them I believe. Think we actually need some experience and know how in the side right now.