Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Brendan Rodgers

^ Yep he deserves massive respect. He's kept it all in house and has us back to our best. For me regardless of the result it was the performance especially from players that went off the boil recently like Chilwell, Tilelemans and Perez that I think is the mark of a great manager.

In Brendan we trust!

• Like 1

Really impressed with the choices and selection he made today. Got everything right tactically too. We never looked troubled at all and almost scared West Ham in to submission even after their goal.

What I love the most was the interaction with Chilwell towards the Kop after the game. Putting his players in the spotlight when they do well and puts himself in the firing line when they're down. Good management, for me. 

16 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

As you can imagine, the replies are somewhat level headed and kind hearted. 

I'd say that says more about the halfwits that tend to infest social media than the Celtic support in general.

I can only speak for myself, those in my own social circles and the general consensus of the majority of match going fans and there really isn't a lot of ill will towards Rodgers left, the timing of his exit hurt yes but all he done and achieved at the club is most folk's lasting memory now.  Obviously the club harbour no resentment either with that tweet and Lawell's comments at the last AGM.

• Like 2

There is a lot of slagging off of our players after the loss to Villa tonight. I'm not sure why Rodgers is immune to criticism. I'm not sure how he set us up tonight, but it didn't look good. Subbing on Vardy at 1-0 down was a poor move imo.  He didn't touch the ball for 15mins. I think he is a very good manager, but I worry about his tactics sometimes. 

Ahh bollocks - we were unlucky tonight, but with all the threads slagging our players off - I just wanted to bring the manager into the firing line too!

8 minutes ago, trabuch said:

There is a lot of slagging off of our players after the loss to Villa tonight. I'm not sure why Rodgers is immune to criticism. I'm not sure how he set us up tonight, but it didn't look good. Subbing on Vardy at 1-0 down was a poor move imo.  He didn't touch the ball for 15mins. I think he is a very good manager, but I worry about his tactics sometimes. 

Ahh bollocks - we were unlucky tonight, but with all the threads slagging our players off - I just wanted to bring the manager into the firing line too!

I despair with Leicester “fans”.

we have one of the best managers in the world right now and you find ways to slag him off??

just out of interest why is bringing on your top scorer when you’re losing the game such a terrible idea??? 

clueless.

12 minutes ago, 5waller5 said:

I despair with Leicester “fans”.

we have one of the best managers in the world right now and you find ways to slag him off??

just out of interest why is bringing on your top scorer when you’re losing the game such a terrible idea??? 

clueless.

He's not fit and doesn't generally do that well against a very defensive side.  It looked like a move to please the fans rather than a shrewd tactical move.

If you read my post I said 

"I think he is a very good manager, but I worry about his tactics sometimes."

He's good, but he's not one of the best mangers in the world.  

And don't ever accuse me of not being a Leicester fan. 

Edited by trabuch

He definitely deserves criticism at times. I was all for Puel bashing with his tactics and subs. So Rodgers should be beat with the same stick when it is correct to do so. He's done very well on the whole though.

It's definitely a worry that every 'big' game we have played we seem to bottle it. We don't look any good under pressure at all. Every time we have been given a real test, we have fell short.

I now don't think he knows what his best team is. Seems to want to play Ihenacho now, but it's hard to fit him in with Vardy. The diamond seems to be disposed of now.

I think we'll see a test of his management in the upcoming games which are not easy at all

I don't understand why he seems to have a bit of an aversion to the 4141 system. Maybe he feels he doesn't get enough out of his wide players to play it He started the season trying his best not to play it and find something else but we struggled for fluency. He went with it stuck with it during our great run and now he's back to tinkering. 

He seems keen to try a back 3 atm having used it more explicitly against Newcastle, Southampton and the first leg, but also effectively lined up in play with it tonight, and at West Ham plus at times against Burnley. Part of me thinks sometimes it might be because he feels Iheanacho needs someone close to him for him to be effective. But I don't think it's much good for Tielemans or Ndidi. 

Tbh some of his selections of late have a 'I don't have the options I want in my squad, get me options' vibe about them. 

It was a strange game. Despite all the stats it never felt like we really had any control.

As the game went on, couldn't actually see where the spark was going to come from. Iheanacho took his goal well but was anonymous for the most part.

Really is worrying when like Southampton, we've failed to put away the same team we've battered not long ago.

It'll be an interesting summer to see what he does with the squad. Don't think we have as much strength and depth as it looks on paper.

Edited by TK95

3 minutes ago, TK95 said:

It was a strange game. Despite all the stats it never felt like we really had any control.

As the game went on, couldn't actually see where the spark was going to come from. Iheanacho took his goal well but was synonymous for the most part.

Really is worrying when like Southampton, we've failed to put away the same team we've battered not long ago.

Synonymous with what?

12 minutes ago, trabuch said:

He's not fit and doesn't generally do that well against a very defensive side.  It looked like a move to please the fans rather than a shrewd tactical move.

If you read my post I said 

"I think he is a very good manager, but I worry about his tactics sometimes."

He's good, but he's not one of the best mangers in the world.  

And don't ever accuse me of not being a Leicester fan. 

So, at 1-0 down, who would you have bought on whilst obviously leaving Vardy on the bench??? 

19 minutes ago, TK95 said:

As the game went on, couldn't actually see where the spark was going to come from. Iheanacho took his goal well but was anonymous for the most part.

It'll be an interesting summer to see what he does with the squad. Don't think we have as much strength and depth as it looks on paper.

Our wingers are still the weakest point. Barnes is just about okay because like today when he's having an off game he still can produce something good, but the options off the bench are nothing short of diabolical.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Beechey said:

Our wingers are still the weakest point. Barnes is just about okay because like today when he's having an off game he still can produce something good, but the options off the bench are nothing short of diabolical.

They all seem to rely on space and service. But we haven't got that player who's consistently willing to take a defender on and drive the attack forward. 

Easy to make reference to Mahrez but even with Knockaert before. Desperately need that quality.

Edited by TK95