Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Brendan Rodgers

57 minutes ago, Danny Clender said:

If Rodgers went to Arsenal, wouldn't he just be implementing the Leicester City philosophy at The Emirates? 

It doesn't quite compute for me that he would leave and set up what he already has. 

Can’t see why rodgers would consider any job at the moment ...... he is part way through a project here. I assume he is on a very good number salary wise and re the large amount of compo we had to pay - I suspect that his contract says that if he leaves us before a certain period is up, someone has to pick up a fair chunk of the compo we paid .......

he is still a young man in management terms - there is no rush for him to move on and he won’t want to gain a reputation for disloyalty

• Like 3

Well, even though certain tactics earlier in the season didn’t work, it does look like he’s a quick learner... Unlike other managers we’ve had in the past, including recently...

https://www.football365.com/news/top-ten-managerial-fck-ups-of-the-season-so-far

8) Brendan Rodgers playing conservatively against the big boys
Leicester can take on anyone in the Premier League, though their potential to upset the big boys may come down to how much they really believe in their capability.

The Foxes have lost two matches this season and drawn their opening two. Their two defeats came at Anfield and Old Trafford where, with a little more self-belief, they could have salvaged at least a draw.

Against United and in their first road trip of the season at Chelsea, Brendan Rodgers has used a third central midfielder which has the knock-on effect of pushing James Maddison into a wider position. Against a Chelsea side reeling from being beaten 4-0 at Man Utd, and a United side just reeling, there was no reason to be quite so conservative.

Rodgers appears to have learned his lesson. At home to Spurs and Arsenal, there was no such conservatism.

On 10/11/2019 at 14:20, st albans fox said:

Can’t see why rodgers would consider any job at the moment ...... he is part way through a project here. I assume he is on a very good number salary wise and re the large amount of compo we had to pay - I suspect that his contract says that if he leaves us before a certain period is up, someone has to pick up a fair chunk of the compo we paid .......

he is still a young man in management terms - there is no rush for him to move on and he won’t want to gain a reputation for disloyalty

I don't think he would want to leave here whilst we are still on an upward curve with such a young and talented squad. If he thought the squad and club had peaked it would be an easy decision for him. 

Call me naive but the current Arsenal job isn't worth leaving Leicester for. It's not like the two clubs are a million miles apart as they were in decades gone by. Just looking at the transfer budget of the two clubs we're not that far apart. We often get linked with the same players Arsenal are and that never happened years a go as we fished completely different waters. 

Obviously Arsenal have a much higher ceiling than us and if we both went for the same player then they're much more likely to choose them over us. At Leicester though BR knows his team is very settled, young and hard to improve on for us. It would be a wrench for BR to desert all this and jump into a club in disarray, I suppose if BR if gets to the stage that we can't keep hold of our best players and the club has peaked then that will be the time for him to reconsider. 

17 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

The comments. 

Saltic. 

Any true, match attending Celtic fan wouldn't so much as even consider reading the Daily Record, for a whole host of reasons I don't have the time to go into.

Not seen the comments but I expect they are the gutter element of society who lean towards Celtic as opposed to being what I would call a 'fan'.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, henrik_62 said:

Any true, match attending Celtic fan wouldn't so much as even consider reading the Daily Record, for a whole host of reasons I don't have the time to go into.

Not seen the comments but I expect they are the gutter element of society who lean towards Celtic as opposed to being what I would call a 'fan'.

It’s the bitter idiots that I love. I know they’re only a handful compared to the majority of normal fans; and you’ve been a welcome and valued contributor since February - I just love seeing people get wound up (mainly because it’s not me)

13 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

It’s the bitter idiots that I love. I know they’re only a handful compared to the majority of normal fans; and you’ve been a welcome and valued contributor since February - I just love seeing people get wound up (mainly because it’s not me)

Does that include ours in the Mahrez thread? lol

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, LC/FC said:

Does that include ours in the Mahrez thread? lol

To be fair Brendan hasn't publically bad mouthed any of his former clubs. Mahrez is an egotistical idiot who thinks he is better than he actually is.

He was as much a reason we were crap the season after winning the league as anyone because he was to busy throwing his toys out of the pram.

1 minute ago, Foxin_Mad said:

To be fair Brendan hasn't publically bad mouthed any of his former clubs. Mahrez is an egotistical idiot who thinks he is better than he actually is.

He was as much a reason we were crap the season after winning the league as anyone because he was to busy throwing his toys out of the pram.

True but he left 2/3 into the season for them which is the root of their ire. But I wouldn't have liked to imagine the reaction our fans would have had if Mahrez had left during a January window. 

On 06/11/2019 at 12:32, StanSP said:

Top made a brave call to get rid of Puel 

Not sure I'd call the decision "brave".

Rumours suggested Puel may have gone after the West Ham home game but circumstances obviously changed.

A few of us had been briefed that Rodgers was lined up at Christmas and then we won 3 in 4 (perhaps fortunate at Chelsea and Everton but very well deserved v Man C).

I think he was on borrowed time from earlyish last season so the decision was more necessary than brave.

The owners were well aware how bad things were within the club.

Vichai was incredibly astute and his son seems cut from the same cloth.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Not sure I'd call the decision "brave".

Rumours suggested Puel may have gone after the West Ham home game but circumstances obviously changed.

A few of us had been briefed that Rodgers was lined up at Christmas and then we won 3 in 4 (perhaps fortunate at Chelsea and Everton but very well deserved v Man C).

I think he was on borrowed time from earlyish last season so the decision was more necessary than brave.

The owners were well aware how bad things were within the club.

Vichai was incredibly astute and his son seems cut from the same cloth.

Rodgers name wasn’t a surprise .... but there were a few others knocking about also (Eg I recall abrasive posting that Top was keen on jardim?) .....do we know who in the decision making group at the top of the club was keenest on Brendan?  

24 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Rodgers name wasn’t a surprise .... but there were a few others knocking about also (Eg I recall abrasive posting that Top was keen on jardim?) .....do we know who in the decision making group at the top of the club was keenest on Brendan?  

I think Brendan was very keen on leicester more than anything. When they arrived, there was the distinct impression that the coaching staff had watched us play virtually every game that season and analysed it.

• Like 1

If Foxes finish top 4 and into CL next year, Brendan will have his pick of any European manager vacancies. Why do people think he came to us? Love of Melton pork pies? Stepping stone career move only to rebuild his PL cv, 2 years max at this rate. I just hope Rudders has got a plan B, but lets enjoy it while it lasts, and not go all Celtic when he does go.

12 minutes ago, FoxFossil said:

If Foxes finish top 4 and into CL next year, Brendan will have his pick of any European manager vacancies. Why do people think he came to us? Love of Melton pork pies? Stepping stone career move only to rebuild his PL cv, 2 years max at this rate. I just hope Rudders has got a plan B, but lets enjoy it while it lasts, and not go all Celtic when he does go.

It can only be considered a stepping stone if there's a club in a better position for him to step to. He won't be going back to Liverpool, Chelsea will give Lampard a few more years and I can't see him at Man City, so that leaves... nobody, currently. Sure, a foreign side might come and try to tempt him (he's particularly fond of the Spanish league iirc), but as long as we can continue on our current trajectory I don't think he'll be quite so quick to jump ship.

He only left Celtic because he'd taken them as far as he possibly could with their resources and it was just a case of 'going through the motions' each season to get the same end result. On the other hand, the sky really is the limit for us. We got to the CL quarter finals with Craig Shakespeare in charge ffs, imagine what Brendan could potentially do if he stayed here long term... 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, FoxFossil said:

Isn't every manager or players ambition to end up at Madrid, Barcelona, etc? Players and managers are usually as loyal as their options. 

However call me naive but I do think BR will stay as long as he feels he can keep taking this club forward. He'd probably rather be here at this moment in time with a steady ship but a good transfer budget and superb young and still developing players as he sees further improvement and a world class training facility next season. He'll probably prefer to stay where he is rather than join a bigger club like Tottenham or Arsenal with their current problems.

• Like 3