Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Brendan Rodgers

On 28/01/2020 at 23:44, peterborofox said:

He definitely deserves criticism at times. I was all for Puel bashing with his tactics and subs. So Rodgers should be beat with the same stick when it is correct to do so. He's done very well on the whole though.

It's definitely a worry that every 'big' game we have played we seem to bottle it. We don't look any good under pressure at all. Every time we have been given a real test, we have fell short.

I now don't think he knows what his best team is. Seems to want to play Ihenacho now, but it's hard to fit him in with Vardy. The diamond seems to be disposed of now.

I think we'll see a test of his management in the upcoming games which are not easy at all

I agree every  big game  we do seem to fail Liverpool 2 Man c Man u  2 semi finals . Every game we havent been favourite at the bookies we fail. Possible  exception a draw at Chelsea so hopefully buck the trend Saurday

3 minutes ago, Foxaholic ME said:

I agree every  big game  we do seem to fail Liverpool 2 Man c Man u  2 semi finals . Every game we havent been favourite at the bookies we fail. Possible  exception a draw at Chelsea so hopefully buck the trend Saurday

as I just wrote inthe villa thread... there is a difference between playing and coming up short against liverpool and man city ... and getting beat by villa in a big match.    The first situation requires us to be tough and mess up their play (like villa did to us);  the second is where clubs seek to stop us playing... and villa did such a good job they are at m.  Our  management and players  have to learn to deal with this is some types of game.  For me... I think youri is not a defensive MF player... against villa I think mendy and ndidi would have been a better selection... and to be clear I wouldn't do this every week - but this game was always going to be tough.    This ius a painful lesson and we must learn from it.

• 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, KingsX said:

My bad.  Put a few highlights into an interview and it's off limits then.  Poor.

I’ve watched it thanks I don’t think it’s that hard to sort a VPN out just thought I’d give them the heads up.

1 hour ago, HighPeakFox said:

Indeed - but by way of balance, it's worth pointing out that correlation is not causation.

Yup old BR is not one to be unmotivated, an intense individual.... it's more likely that since we've been at the top for a while teams now prepare to combat us and rather than play to their strengths, play to our weaknesses, more than they did before and as a result we are being found out a little.

BR needs to step up and react to this making some tweaks.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, davieG said:

It's nearly always tougher the 2nd half of the season.

20 minutes ago, pazzerfox said:

Brendon said in an interview that his teams generally do better in the second half of the season.

Which isn't really fair to make an assessment on right now considering our opponents so far in the second half of the season. 

9 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Which isn't really fair to make an assessment on right now considering our opponents so far in the second half of the season. 

Agreed. Lets judge after the run of games against the teams that we should (and earlier in the season did) be beating after next week. We had a similar dodgy patch this time last year, until Rodgers came in, after which we suddenly started winning these types of games again.  Despite all the whingeing about how our form has dipped and that we are now all of a sudden sh1te, we have had a difficult run of games against sides currently in form, yet we have still beaten most of those that we should have done. If you actually look at those games, the results have pretty  much gone the way most might have predicted, with the possible exception of Saints at home, who many underestimated on their current run of good form.

• Like 1