Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Brendan Rodgers

1 minute ago, urban.spaceman said:

Top level manager.

You keep reading in the media that he might be tempted to leave to a top level club, but they never seem to acknowledge that he might already be at one; the one that he's quickly turning us into.

Fantastic acquisition.

Before the media having him jumping ship to the first elite club who flutters their eyelashes at him he might be foolish to move.

It all depends on how highly he rates the squad he has here. We spent £100m in the summer and we'll pay six figure wages for the right player. Whilst top players will always choose an elite level club over us given a choice we can still buy the majority of players that go to elite clubs as long as they aren't in for them. I've just googled the transfers of Arsenal for example and all of these would have joined us apart from Luiz if they didn't have a better offer. 

There is a lot of work to do at Arsenal to get them competitive so maybe BR would prefer to stay here and see how far he can take this group with a new training ground, possible CL football and no doubt a very good transfer kitty next season. Maybe I'm looking at this through blue tinted specs but I believe you have to think twice when leaving to go to what I would consider an inferior playing squad. 

Arsenal

In

Nicolas Pepe (Lille) £72m

Gabriel Martinelli (Ituano) £6m

William Saliba (Saint-Etienne) £27m

Kieran Tierney (Celtic) £25m

David Luiz (Chelsea) £8m

• Like 1

Seriously good manager.

Lots of Liverpool fans had praise for him for how he got them so close to the league title with some average players and some even thought it was harsh he was sacked.

They also mentioned though how good a man-manager he is. And I think @UpTheLeagueFox has alluded to that as well. It's amazing how a manager can have such a bearing on a side when the players he works with are in confident mood and played to their strengths. Unlike a certain previous manager who chose to bench our star striker :ph34r:.

The effect Rodgers had had on Vardy is phenomenal. The effect Rodgers has had in identifying what each player can offer to a team and getting the team to click almost seamlessly.

Just like we didn't win the league by fluke, we don't get to 3rd after 11 games, playing some beautiful football and scoring some cracking goals by fluke either.

Rodgers deserves a hell of a lot of praise for finding such a successful formation and helping develop some youngsters within such a short space of time. 

I dread the day he gets credibly linked to a bigger club, either in England or perhaps elsewhere in Europe. I hope he does stay loyal to us for a considerable amount of time...

• Like 3

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

It's amazing how a manager can have such a bearing on a side when the players he works with are in confident mood and played to their strengths. Unlike a certain previous manager who chose to bench our star striker :ph34r:.

The effect Rodgers had had on Vardy is phenomenal. The effect Rodgers has had in identifying what each player can offer to a team and getting the team to click almost seamlessly.

FFS WHY DO PEOPLE HERE KEEP BRINGING UP PUEL !?!?!?!?! YOU WOULDN'T CATCH ME DOING THAT !!!!!!! lollollol

On a more serious note, I've seen people on here say Puel was "a very good manager" who "did the dirty work" and "laid the foundations" for Rodgers.

My take is that he was holding us back more than anything - and results since BR arrived would suggest IMHO that would be the case, with pretty much the same squad - alienated the players and staff, created a toxic working environment with his stubbornness etc but I accept some on here disagree.

• Like 1

The recent podcast with Paul Balsom he highlighted how the working environment with Rodgers has been superb. He recognised the backroom staff for their important roles and wanted the system to remain in situ. The new staff equally want to get on board and push us on when it comes to sports science, analytics and other fields. 

Balsom mentioned how only Ranieri rejected their advice and led to disagreements. However the success of our performances meant the existing staff were vindicated. All other manager post Pearson had been on board with the set up. 

Its impressive of Rodgers to recognise what we do well and get his staff into it as well

13 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

FFS WHY DO PEOPLE HERE KEEP BRINGING UP PUEL !?!?!?!?! YOU WOULDN'T CATCH ME DOING THAT !!!!!!! lollollol

On a more serious note, I've seen people on here say Puel was "a very good manager" who "did the dirty work" and "laid the foundations" for Rodgers.

My take is that he was holding us back more than anything - and results since BR arrived would suggest IMHO that would be the case, with pretty much the same squad - alienated the players and staff, created a toxic working environment with his stubbornness etc but I accept some on here disagree.

Glad you've made that clear, Geoff - I wasn't sure what your precise position was on this matter. :whistle:

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

I think a lot of the foundations were set during his tenure but a lot of that was recruitment and I don't know which decisions were his and which weren't. 

I do wonder if he would actually go. I'm not entirely convinced he would. 

Forget abroad for now. Who would he actually join in this country? Klopp is going to be at Liverpool for some time unless Madrid or someone comes calling. 

I don't think he's a big enough ’name’ for Man City, despite being a great manager. Who would be mad enough to go to Spurs, Manure or Arsenal right now? There's things going on behind the scenes at those three which will and is affecting the players. Lampard seems to have settled at Chelsea. 

I think what goes behind the scenes at Leicester is massive. How the club is run from top to bottom. I've got my blue-tinted specs on but I genuinely don't believe any club is run as well as ours in this country. 

Then there's the talented young squad we have. 

Everything is in place. You'd be absolutely mad to go elsewhere.  

1 hour ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Pretty much what Peter Schmeichel said shortly before Puel was sacked, and i think he would know the feelings among the squad at that time!

I must say I'm extremely happy he's proving me wrong. I was underwhelmed with his appointment after having watched the Liverpool documentary in which he appeared to me to be 'less than credible', to put it mildly. I expected he would be an improvement over Puel and his purgatorial puelball but nothing prepared me for this wet dream we are having now. To be in direct competition first for the top 6 now for the top 4 so early in his tenure is amazing. 

With Puel it was safety, stagnation and boring mediocrity with distant hopes of 7th place. Now, the feeling is like it's 2015/16 all over again and it's a joy to watch our team, the feeling which was almost completely absent under Puel.

It makes me even more grateful to Top for making a bold decision during such a difficult and tragic season for him and for the club, of firing Puel and appointing Rodgers. We are truly blessed to have Top as a chairman, just as we were to have his dad.

What makes Rodgers different from his predecessor is the obvious ability to communicate with the players and man management skills - I can't remember if I ever saw CP explaining something to a player during the game, you could as well put a training cone near the sideline, my guess is it would influence the players and the game about as much as Puel did. Another thing is that unlike his predecessor BR apparently can learn from his mistakes (like the ManU game), which is a rare feat, even for top shelf managers.

Tactically, I will forever praise Rodgers for getting rid of typically puelesque, moronic, stiffling DM duo. We played like shit, we struggled to create anything, Vards was so isolated he almost forgot what a ball looks like, and people were still afraid what will happen if we stop playing Wilf and Mendy together. Amazing what kind of results a bit of bravery and offensive thinking might bring.

The thing I didn't like was when he was chatting some shit about 'top clubs being a pull for the players' when Maguire left, as if he was hearing the Liverpool's or Yanited's call and considered Leicester somewhat less worthy than the big boys. Get real Brodge you won't have it any better than here. Besides who knows, maybe after a couple of consecutive seasons in Champions League maybe we'll find ourselves in that big boys club. Happy days! 

Edited by Chester Dontlie

7 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

Pretty much what Peter Schmeichel said shortly before Puel was sacked, and i think he would know the feelings among the squad at that time!

Yep. Loads of stuff like that came out but some in the blue-tinted-spec fanbase couldn't seem to join the dots to see what was staring them in their face.

When Peter Schmeichel said what he did, I think the penny began to drop for a few as he clearly wouldn't go that far about his son's manager unless he knew the problems had become seismic.

• Like 1

I'm so glad ,as a remote supporter to read all this. We've hard more than our share of the good guys managing the team going back to Matt Gillies and we seem to have found another one. I'm glad Rogers seems to meet general approval as he always impresses me in the interviews I see, and the results have been pretty good too.

I'd happily see us offer him a new deal. Plant the idea even further into his head that we are serious.

Arsenal will go for him wthout a doubt - would be two birds with one stone for them if they got him from us as well.

Edited by Dan LCFC