Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Brendan Rodgers

5 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Precisely ..... I doubt we could have put in a higher buy out than we paid celtic but will definitely be 8 mill ..... levy won’t be interested 

Levy was tight pocketed before. Just imagine how it'll be now with that massive stadium debt.

• Like 1

On 15/11/2019 at 13:19, SO1 said:

I think Rodgers has more power here than we know. Top and Rudkin didn't just hire him as a football coach. They also hired a man with a vision.

And you can't create a vision like Leicester City Football Club by yourself. You need everyone pulling in the same direction. Its happening here NOW.

This is a club that is in the process of becoming a big club. When you go to a big club you don't get any say in how its run.

It already runs the way its supposed to run. There are big egos and minefields to walk. They've already been successful. Your basically hired as a caretaker.

You do your job and do what your told, within reason. Almost impossible for me to see Rodgers at that type of club. Feels hollow.

I just see Rodgers as bigger than that, I'm being selfish of course. I want to see him finish a project he starts. Or at least see the fruit of his Labor.

Its one thing to win a Champions/Prem league trophy but its something else again to do that knowing you had a hand in the building of the club and its structure.

The teamwork at Leicester isn't just on the field. Its the whole of the club. And that's the vision. I just want to keep watching the build.

When Fergie took over at United and Wenger at Arsenal  both clubs were seriously average with all sorts of issues, but those managers were given free reign and held the balance of power and built dynasties. Clough was similar at Forest back in the day. I'm not saying that Rodger will have that level of control, i think those days are gone, with the emergence of the DOF roles, but we are an extremely well run club, and although the senior management like to be involved in day to day affairs and bonding with staff etc, I think they are astute enough to know that you have to leave the coaching and team management to the head coach, especially when things are going well, but have also shown that they can make the harsh decisions when they are not.

I honestly believe that Brendan feels he can build a long term dynasty here, with supportive owners, willing to invest in the squad and the infra-structure, as opposed to some who splash it all on real estate and ignore the playing side or vice versa. Unless a Barca/Real/bayern come calling where would he have it any better?

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, urban fox said:

When Fergie took over at United and Wenger at Arsenal  both clubs were seriously average with all sorts of issues, but those managers were given free reign and held the balance of power and built dynasties. Clough was similar at Forest back in the day. I'm not saying that Rodger will have that level of control, i think those days are gone, with the emergence of the DOF roles, but we are an extremely well run club, and although the senior management like to be involved in day to day affairs and bonding with staff etc, I think they are astute enough to know that you have to leave the coaching and team management to the head coach, especially when things are going well, but have also shown that they can make the harsh decisions when they are not.

I honestly believe that Brendan feels he can build a long term dynasty here, with supportive owners, willing to invest in the squad and the infra-structure, as opposed to some who splash it all on real estate and ignore the playing side or vice versa. Unless a Barca/Real/bayern come calling where would he have it any better?

I agree ... I also don't think there are any other clubs that would be a "step up" from Leicester where the ownership is good enough to tempt him -- I expect the next manager at Arsenal, ManU, and Spurs aren't going to last 18 months.

i do think Rodgers has been sending signals to Top, with his constant refrains about not being able to offer the contracts available at other clubs -- he is telling Top to shell out to keep the team together (especially if they make Champions League). After Vardy and Evans, the next oldest player in our starting 11 is 26! That's dynasty material, and Rodgers knows it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

I agree ... I also don't think there are any other clubs that would be a "step up" from Leicester where the ownership is good enough to tempt him -- I expect the next manager at Arsenal, ManU, and Spurs aren't going to last 18 months.

i do think Rodgers has been sending signals to Top, with his constant refrains about not being able to offer the contracts available at other clubs -- he is telling Top to shell out to keep the team together (especially if they make Champions League). After Vardy and Evans, the next oldest player in our starting 11 is 26! That's dynasty material, and Rodgers knows it.

Kasper ? 

• Like 1

I think it's natural spurs would consider Rodgers. And only natural he'd privately mull it over and do a 'what if?' in his head. It's out of our control.

But any sane judgement would arrive that it could be a career's work.to assemble the talent we have elsewhere. Trophies are to be won with these lads. It's on. A whole career is here and now and he won't arrive at any other conclusion.

• Like 1

Absolutely no way Rodgers is going anywhere for now. He needs at the very least this season to earn a reputation as being reliable!  My jealous Arsenal friend says - "you can see his eyes light up with the thought of Real Madrid or Barca every time Leicester win" - that may be true (eventually) - but there's no way he's going to a toilet like Spurs.

5 minutes ago, trabuch said:

Absolutely no way Rodgers is going anywhere for now. He needs at the very least this season to earn a reputation as being reliable!  My jealous Arsenal friend says - "you can see his eyes light up with the thought of Real Madrid or Barca every time Leicester win" - that may be true (eventually) - but there's no way he's going to a toilet like Spurs.

Also he needs to shift the perception that he struggles with defence, which he has been doing with us.

He has Pereira, Evans, Soyuncu, Chillwell back 4 with Justin, Morgan, Benkovic and Fuchs as cover here. By the way... Best defence in the league. 

At Tottenham he'll have Rose, Vertonghen, Alderweireld out of contract soon and Aurier. 

Also... NOT the best defense in the league. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, LC/FC said:

Also he needs to shift the perception that he struggles with defence, which he has been doing with us.

He has Pereira, Evans, Soyuncu, Chillwell back 4 with Justin, Morgan, Benkovic and Fuchs as cover here. By the way... Best defence in the league. 

At Tottenham he'll have Rose, Vertonghen, Alderweireld out of contract soon and Aurier. 

Also... NOT the best defense in the league. 

He'd be literally mad to go there. (It's why he's 25-1 - and those are shit odds)

Edited by trabuch
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

Precisely ..... I doubt we could have put in a higher buy out than we paid celtic but will definitely be 8 mill ..... levy won’t be interested 

My understanding (I could be wrong) is that it's not a buy out clause but you have to pay out the remainder of his (and his staffs) contracts So I would guess the figure to get him would be 16-20 million now as he will be on more money for a longer duration.

15 hours ago, Long Eaton Fox said:

I don't understand the difference between players and managers contracts. A fee has to be paid to buy a player but a manager can just leave like Rodgers(with compensation)

Compensation/transfer fee all amounts to the same thing. We wanted Rodgers who was still under contract to Celtic, therefore we offer them "compensation" to effectively buy him out of his contract. If we want a player who is contracted to another club we offer them a "transfer fee" to buy them out of their contract.  If we sack a manager while they are under contract then we have to pay them compensation to the remaining value of their contract. Same I presume would apply to a player.

When a player moves from one club to another, it is not the player himself that the buying club are buying but his contract and registration.

41 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

"I'm very happy in my professional life. I'm very happy in my life personally in Leicestershire, it's a great place to live and work and we have created a real unity here at the club."

one foot out the door then ...

• Haha 1

What a man. He is so, so professional. In every interview he knows exactly what to say. Always calm and to the point, regardless of the situation. We're so lucky to have him here imo. Credit to the board for identifying him as the man they want to lead this club and getting him.