Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tommo220

James Rodriguez

Wow - where to start...

Yes I'd have him at Leicester in heart beat - his footballing skills are outrageous.

In our current team though he'd struggle, unless playing in the Tielemans role as I think the Premier League will be a whole new version of quick for him and I'm not sure how good a defender he is in terms of work-rate. I'm not sure he could play as a wide forward in the Prem which leaves him in Madders or Youri's spot and Praets our cover there for now. The only way we could accommodate him at the moment is with a change of formation and that doesn't really work for me. Maybe we'll sell Maddison in the summer for 100 million and buy Mr. Hames for 30 - that'd be alright I suppose.

Oh and of course all the above is a waste of time even considering as 1. Bradgate Park is a selling point but maybe not the deal clincher and 2. We won't pay upward of 150K a week. 

Sign him up.

No thanks.

Not that good.

Had one good world cup then failed at Madrid and Munich as just not at that level.

He isn't as good as our current midfield options and isn't a winger which is what we really need to be looking at (as well as young vardy back up and a central defender).

I'd genuinally be upset if we signed this sort of show pony 

• Like 1

On 28/11/2019 at 18:54, Detroit Blues said:

I guess I'll be in the minority then. James Rodriguez is an excellent player, and I'd be thrilled to have him in the squad.

We are happy with our current squad, but we'll need to improve it when we add in midweek champions league fixtures. We can't play Maddison and tielemans twice a week and not expect fatigue or injuries to happen.

So, you'd pay +40M and whatever his wages are to put him on the bench, just in case?

Not that I believe even remotedly this rumor to be true but I still wouldn't want him. He's indeed a talented player but he just doesn't fit in here. Shite mentality anf injury prone.

Having seen what Brendan Rodgers can do with young talented players or players once good but now lacking in confidence (see Demarai Gray and Kelechi Iheanacho) those people who are writing Rodriguez off as "had one decent world cup and then flopped" have seriously misjudged Rodgers as a coach.

On 28/11/2019 at 10:41, foxy boxing said:

he'd soon get sick of fans calling him James instead of James ( pronounced Hames ) :ph34r:

Has to be "Ham-ess", too, not "Hames"......otherwise you'd be "making a hames of it", as my (Irish) Dad used to say..... :whistle:

http://www.worldwidewords.org/qa/qa-ham2.htm

"Make a hames of something

Q From Paul Blake, UK: In Ireland the expression to make a hames of something (as in ‘Sure, your one made an awful hames of it’) is used where standard UK English would say ‘to make a mess of’. I’ve often wondered what the etymology of hames was.

A The expression is indeed restricted to Ireland and doesn’t now seem to be so very common even there, at least to judge from the small number of examples I’ve been able to turn up. Here’s one from the Irish Examiner in August 2004, describing a local politician’s chances in a reshuffle: “You know he’d be thrilled with Finance, and it wouldn’t do you any harm to watch him make a hames of it. He could even be the scapegoat for the next election.”

Though the expression isn’t known elsewhere, anyone who has much to do with working horses will know the term, because the hames are the two curved supports attached to the collar of a draft horse to which the traces are fastened. I’m no horseman — I know which end bites and that’s about it — but my carriage-driving consultant tells me it’s all too easy to put the hames on a horse the wrong way up, thus making a complete mess of things and risking adverse comments from bystanders.

Doubt it would ever happen but it would be the classic "upsetting the apple cart" type signing.  Putting a superstar type player into an honest, hard working squad, on tons more money than the rest and then having to move players around to accommodate him.  For one how do him and Maddison co-exist and be effective in the same side.  If there's going to be any significant investment in January it absolutely has to be on a wide player who also provides a goal threat.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, henrik_62 said:

Doubt it would ever happen but it would be the classic "upsetting the apple cart" type signing.  Putting a superstar type player into an honest, hard working squad, on tons more money than the rest and then having to move players around to accommodate him.  For one how do him and Maddison co-exist and be effective in the same side.  If there's going to be any significant investment in January it absolutely has to be on a wide player who also provides a goal threat.

Gareth Bale on loan then lol

• Haha 1

On 30/11/2019 at 06:44, That_Dude said:

So, you'd pay +40M and whatever his wages are to put him on the bench, just in case?

Not that I believe even remotedly this rumor to be true but I still wouldn't want him. He's indeed a talented player but he just doesn't fit in here. Shite mentality anf injury prone.

Part of becoming a champions league type team is increasing the depth and quality of the squad. Between midweek champions league matches, FA Cup, and EFL Cup there will be plenty of matches to go around. 

You're right in that he's been often injured and he has not fit into Real Madrid. That is why you are only paying 40M for him, when his value in form would easily be twice that.

James Rodriguez is a mahrez type player that can change the game with a flicker of magic, and he can be the best player on the pitch in any game. This would be a gamble, but it is one that could pay off tremendously. I believe a manager like Brendan Rodgers could get him back into form, and integrate him into the team. 

This is the sort of signing we need to make for people to realise we are serious about becoming a big club, similar to Man City signing Robinho. 

Not necessarily a good signing but more of a statement of intent. 

Not that I think it's likely to happen and even if it did, which it won't, would have to be managed extremely carefully. 

Like it or not we are going to have to strengthen if we get into the champions league, and we might have to sign some quality like this if we actually want to compete in both the CL and the PL next season. All it's going to take is a couple of injuries in a single position and were screwed currently

Edited by MrSpaM

On 30/11/2019 at 03:41, Toddybad said:

No thanks.

Not that good.

Had one good world cup then failed at Madrid and Munich as just not at that level.

He isn't as good as our current midfield options and isn't a winger which is what we really need to be looking at (as well as young vardy back up and a central defender).

I'd genuinally be upset if we signed this sort of show pony 

It will be OK, dad.

The man was a La Liga Midfielder of the Season, led Ligue 1 in assists, was in the UCL Team of the Season two years ago, was awesome in this year's Copa America, and even has a f***ing species of coral named after him. 

3 hours ago, The_77 said:

It will be OK, dad.

The man was a La Liga Midfielder of the Season, led Ligue 1 in assists, was in the UCL Team of the Season two years ago, was awesome in this year's Copa America, and even has a f***ing species of coral named after him. 

I still don't rate him though tbf

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 02/12/2019 at 11:57, Swan Lesta said:

Crazy talk but on an aside I've always read your user name and thought of you as German.

19 hours ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

Snap! lol

Nah, Leicester born and bred :thumbup:

(du bist ein dummer kopf)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1