Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tommo220

James Rodriguez

1 hour ago, boots60 said:

Schmeichel, Drinkwater & Simpson have all won the premier league since leaving your fair city!

Indeed they have!!! Having said that Drinkwater and Simpson didn't make the cut at Utd though and Kasper got binned by City before they became mega rich. I was referring more to players who had been regularly around the first team of those kind of teams.

This is ridiculous but in saying that we all thought signing Youri Tielemans was absurd when he was first linked with us last season too!

That said despite his obvious quality I can’t help but think James is a luxury player. On current form I’d genuinely rate Tielemans and Maddison as better than him 

• Like 2

To be fair, Rodriguez wouldn't be the first player to struggle under the weight of expectation at a super club.  There's countless examples of players that have gone to big clubs early-ish in their career and its proven to be a poor move, theres nothing to say he cant kick on elsewhere away from Zidane, who seems hell bent on forcing everyone out of Real at the minute. 

He may well be a luxury player, but that isn't necessarily a bad thing.  Luxury players can make a team (or break it-granted). Mahrez was the definition of a luxury player during his time with us, but bloody hell was he magic to watch when he was interested - and his goals were invaluable.

2 hours ago, turtmcfly said:

Absolute dink-fest

That video only confirms what a luxury player he is. Having James in our team would weaken not strengthen it. He does not fit our style of play whatsoever. There is no way he would be getting that sort of space for most of his goals / assists against packed defences at the KP, anyway.

Maybe a good option off the bench when creativity is needed but he won't come here to be a sub.

Hope we stay well clear, to be honest.

• Like 1

I guess I'll be in the minority then. James Rodriguez is an excellent player, and I'd be thrilled to have him in the squad.

We are happy with our current squad, but we'll need to improve it when we add in midweek champions league fixtures. We can't play Maddison and tielemans twice a week and not expect fatigue or injuries to happen.

31 minutes ago, Detroit Blues said:

I guess I'll be in the minority then. James Rodriguez is an excellent player, and I'd be thrilled to have him in the squad.

We are happy with our current squad, but we'll need to improve it when we add in midweek champions league fixtures. We can't play Maddison and tielemans twice a week and not expect fatigue or injuries to happen.

Thats a good point, if and when it happens, but surely we should buy square pegs for square holes rather than a maverick type who won't fit into our system.

10 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Shut up lol lol

You know what strangely I think this has legs

Bizarre link but a good friend of mines dad lives in Columbia and his friends over there include some of the friends of James Rodriguez family and they seem to think talks have been taking place 

who know hey?  

3 hours ago, Detroit Blues said:

No I’m with you I think. I’d like this one. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Bob Weasel Fox said:

You know what strangely I think this has legs

Bizarre link but a good friend of mines dad lives in Columbia and his friends over there include some of the friends of James Rodriguez family and they seem to think talks have been taking place 

who know hey?  

Good enough for me. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1