Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Kelechi Iheanacho

3 minutes ago, Thefoxman said:

Really not suprised this has happened. Most people dont see what goes on behind the scenes and think we are a well run top club which isnt the case, they just muddle through.

Interesting - what are you basing this statement on?

I’ve said this in the other thread but will say in here also . There’s so much paperwork to fill in and a lot of it needs your passport  number on it . Could easily be as simple as one digit wrong of his paperwork so doesn’t match passport  on the passenger's locater form . I witnessed people getting refused to fly because of the same situation  only last week 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Finnegan said:

It's pretty much 100% the club's fault. 

I assume we have a team manager, a senior administrator whose job it is to coordinate, amongst other things, travel arrangements. 

Unless Kel turned up on the day without his passport (which obviously isn't the case else he'd not have gotten out of the UK) then the rest should be up to the club. Making sure they all have the necessary travel documents and that they're all clear to travel should be the responsibility of back office staff within the club. 

Similar situation with the Argentina - Brazil farce the other day. People were blaming the Argentina players but its the Argentinian FA and the national side's team manager (not a manager in the Brendan Rodgers since, again I'm talking a manager in the administrative sense) that's got to be responsible for coordination and making sure everyone's clear to play, has the documentation they need and all the legal stuff is handled. 

It's Iheanacho's job to just turn up and play tbh. 

Here's your man:

Jon Sanders

First Team Player Liaison Officer

Jon has served Leicester City in a number of roles since first joining the Club in 1999, and currently holds the position of Player Liaison Officer, which he took on during the summer of 2014. 

Educated locally at de Montfort University between 1993 and 1996, Jon first joined the Club as Website Co-Ordinator in 1999 before progressing to the position of Head of Media in 2006.   

After a spell as Club Partnership Manager and Head of Marketing and Commercial Operations for the Football League from 2009 until 2014, Jon returned to Leicester City in his current capacity, which predominantly sees him provide off-the-field support to the players.   

Jon acts as a communication link between the squad and management, while his duties also include, but aren't limited to player relocation and integration, away travel co-ordination, player support, player appearances and administration.

https://www.lcfc.com/teams/staff/coaching-staff

Edited by Finnegan

45 minutes ago, oxtonfox said:

I get the feeling they are good mates and Wilf is the guide to Kel on what is required. As both are from the same country they would require the same documents. Perhaps the Brexit situation now means that additional paperwork is required for Nigerian based UK people? 

Either way the club's document "checker" hasn't done his/her job. I am assuming we have individuals now in the extended team of 55 people or so! In Birch's days there would be the manager and the coach doing all this. 

Mistake happen, I'd imagine someone is in the dog house for this.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Mistake happen, I'd imagine someone is in the dog house for this.

True and its happening all over the world atm due to covid. We're hardly the only sports team to have had issues. It's still a bit embarrassing though. Not quite being 14 seconds late to register a player embarrassing but still. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, baldeagle said:

I’ve said this in the other thread but will say in here also . There’s so much paperwork to fill in and a lot of it needs your passport  number on it . Could easily be as simple as one digit wrong of his paperwork so doesn’t match passport  on the passenger's locater form . I witnessed people getting refused to fly because of the same situation  only last week 

I promise you it wasn’t something as simple as one digit wrong on a form 

the poles wouldn’t open themselves up to accusations of interfering with the match on the basis of that.  A PL footballer playing a match and returning within 36 hours is not the same as your average traveller. 

2 hours ago, fazzyfox said:

He thought Warsaw was that place up near Birmingham and Wolverhampton, no passport required, easy mistake :facepalm:

This actually happened to me at St Margaret's bus station. I wanted to buy a ticket for Warsaw and the girl behind the counter thought I meant Walsall. True. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

True and its happening all over the world atm due to covid. We're hardly the only sports team to have had issues. It's still a bit embarrassing though. Not quite being 14 seconds late to register a player embarrassing but still. 

I suppose dealing with a travelling party of 30 odd people who are various nationalities isn't as straight forward.

Edited by coolhandfox

22 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

I suppose dealing with a travelling party of 30 odd people who are various nationalities isn't as straight forward.

No but, at the risk of sounding like a stuck record, that's why it's a guy's job to do exactly that. A guy who no doubt has a team of assistants, at that. 

Logistics for away days will be the day job of numerous club staff. 

It might not be entirely straight forward but it's also not rocket science. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

No but, at the risk of sounding like a stuck record, that's why it's a guy's job to do exactly that. A guy who no doubt has a team of assistants, at that. 

Logistics for away days will be the day job of numerous club staff. 

It might not be entirely straight forward but it's also not rocket science. 

It could be a woman’s job doesn’t have to be a guy 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Thefoxman said:

Really not suprised this has happened. Most people dont see what goes on behind the scenes and think we are a well run top club which isnt the case, they just muddle through.

From someone who's been around

a number of clubs I think we are in the norm rather than the exception.

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

I promise you it wasn’t something as simple as one digit wrong on a form 

the poles wouldn’t open themselves up to accusations of interfering with the match on the basis of that.  A PL footballer playing a match and returning within 36 hours is not the same as your average traveller. 

Your right it might not have been as simple as that I don’t know the facts and I would guess neither do you . I was just giving 1 example  of not being aloud into a country as they can be that  petty, travelling at the moment can be a ball ache if you’ve not got all the correct  documentation  filled in with  QR codes proof of negative test or vaccinated etc etc .

35 minutes ago, baldeagle said:

Your right it might not have been as simple as that I don’t know the facts and I would guess neither do you . I was just giving 1 example  of not being aloud into a country as they can be that  petty, travelling at the moment can be a ball ache if you’ve not got all the correct  documentation  filled in with  QR codes proof of negative test or vaccinated etc etc .

Several papers have reported the paperwork is nothing to do with covid testing or vaccinations.

The way it's reported very much sounds like a discrepancy between his passport and temporary work visa or whatever he'd need as a Nigerian citizen to work in Poland for a few days. I tend to agree with St Albans Fox that the Polish border control wouldn't risk denying entry on an obvious typo for a high-profile sports person and risk being accused of trying to influence the game.

I do think it's most likely either Kelechi or the person who has done the paperwork has ****ed up somewhere.

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Several papers have reported the paperwork is nothing to do with covid testing or vaccinations.

The way it's reported very much sounds like a discrepancy between his passport and temporary work visa or whatever he'd need as a Nigerian citizen to work in Poland for a few days. I tend to agree with St Albans Fox that the Polish border control wouldn't risk denying entry on an obvious typo for a high-profile sports person and risk being accused of trying to influence the game.

I do think it's most likely either Kelechi or the person who has done the paperwork has ****ed up somewhere.

Well I stand corrected then , the articles I read wasn’t that clear but they were first thing so more details  have probably  come out and I’ve not read any since . 

• Like 1