Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Kelechi Iheanacho

50 minutes ago, Hollyfox said:

His turn on the half way line created the space for the winner at Norwich as well. 

I've been a bit critical of him in the past but he's turning into the player we all hoped we'd signed from Man City, and full credit to him for that. 

Have to find a way of getting him into the side or at least more than a few late sub appearances 

Not to nitpick because I agree with your point but I think you’re underplaying it.

He’s not “turning into”, he is the player we thought he would be when we signed him from Man City. His output is absolutely phenomenal, he’s averaging a goal or assist about once every 80 minutes for half a season, it’s a totally ridiculous return, the sort that other players are eulogised for delivering over 1-2 months rather than 4-5.

He’s got 12 goals and 4 assists in our last 18 league games: these are Vardy/Mahrez 2015/16 levels of output being delivered in a faltering side in which he’s only started about half of the games. He was also hugely responsible for our FA Cup success last season, scoring the winner in round 5, twice in the QF and the winner in the semi.

Maybe it’s because he’s had a couple of prolonged lean spells and people perhaps think that this is a flash in the pan, but he simply does not get the credit he deserves, from either the fans or more importantly the management. His performance levels in the last six months have been up there with virtually any striker in world football and yet he can’t get in what is presently a very average mid-table Premier League side.

14 minutes ago, ttfn said:

Not to nitpick because I agree with your point but I think you’re underplaying it.

He’s not “turning into”, he is the player we thought he would be when we signed him from Man City. His output is absolutely phenomenal, he’s averaging a goal or assist about once every 80 minutes for half a season, it’s a totally ridiculous return, the sort that other players are eulogised for delivering over 1-2 months rather than 4-5.

He’s got 12 goals and 4 assists in our last 18 league games: these are Vardy/Mahrez 2015/16 levels of output being delivered in a faltering side in which he’s only started about half of the games. He was also hugely responsible for our FA Cup success last season, scoring the winner in round 5, twice in the QF and the winner in the semi.

Maybe it’s because he’s had a couple of prolonged lean spells and people perhaps think that this is a flash in the pan, but he simply does not get the credit he deserves, from either the fans or more importantly the management. His performance levels in the last six months have been up there with virtually any striker in world football and yet he can’t get in what is presently a very average mid-table Premier League side.

Ok

He's Turned into the player. 

I doubt there's many on here that didn't question his intelligence and effort during some of his earlier appearances. 

I remember him walking around and looking up at the sky as the opposition goalkeeper played the ball out from the back, far too easily, on quite a few occasions. 

He's definitely improved and has become a superb asset to the side with his goals, assists and effort levels. 

He's turned the corner with our fans and has become a firm favourite and fair play to him for that. 

Any chance Ayoze could do the same? 🙏🤞

Not sure about that one😄

27 minutes ago, ttfn said:

His underlying stats were always quite good, he barely got the the opportunity to play. Granted, he caught the eye with how out of place he looked at time but he was producing even if it didn’t look like it.

Even prior to 20/21 he was putting up impressive numbers but didn’t get enough minutes. His assists and xA stats are genuinely some of the very best around.

Anything over 0.4 G+A p90 is decent so he’s been quietly effective for a long time.

EFE4A7CD-8D92-4972-B9EC-7B3766CC2685.jpeg

• Like 2

Imagine he can't get back in to the UK either due to the paperwork and passport not matching issues.

I enjoyed The Terminal and have been 'hank'ering after a sequel (if you'll excuse the pun; and frankly I don't care if you won't), and this would be beautiful.

Whilst in the terminal he decides his time is best spent learning a new trade and works on arrivals/immigration and then refuses all of Warsaw's players entry.

CHECKMATE.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

Very embarrassing on the club's behalf and for Kel. 

Surely this kind of thing gets checked? Given it says the documents don't tally with the passports, I imagine it's a covid-related thing? 

They appear to have very specifically stated it is NOT Covid related.

• Like 1

A long time ago (before the EU had freedom of movement), I was turned back at the Czech / Polish border by some officious Polski border guards with their hands on their firearms and being utter dicks about a minor paperwork problem, as a sleeper train stopped at the border in the early hours in subzero temperatures.

I feel Seniorman's pain.  :(

• Sad 1