Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Kelechi Iheanacho

26 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

A long time ago (before the EU had freedom of movement), I was turned back at the Czech / Polish border by some officious Polski border guards with their hands on their firearms and being utter dicks about a minor paperwork problem, as a sleeper train stopped at the border in the early hours in subzero temperatures.

I feel Seniorman's pain.  :(

If it is Poland's fault -- a bit of hanky panky to stop a striker playing -- the club won't say anything until they are safely back in the UK. I expect we will know the full story on Friday.

10 minutes ago, The_77 said:

Incredible that a dozens of players and staff from a breakaway republic of Moldova had less trouble traveling this week than Kelechi Iheanacho.

To be fair, I reckon Nigerian citizens are probably highly scrutinised too. And according to google, Nigeria only allows for dual nationality through parentage or birth not naturalisation, so he can't get his UK citizenship even though he's eligible having lived and worked here for longer than 5 years, unless he wants to renounce his Nigerian citizenship meaning he couldn't play for the national team.

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

We really are some club 

Surely we have some one who manages all this.  Royal folk up

I have just been away a d things are pretty complex at the moment and you need to look at each case and the nationalities involved. 

I am wondering if this is sone kid of 

Nationality issue.

7 minutes ago, Sampson said:

To be fair, I reckon Nigerian citizens are probably highly scrutinised too. And according to google, Nigeria only allows for dual nationality through parentage or birth not naturalisation, so he can't get his UK citizenship even though he's eligible having lived and worked here for longer than 5 years, unless he wants to renounce his Nigerian citizenship meaning he couldn't play for the national team.

Hmm interesting thought, I wonder if this Polish striker had similar issues a few years back? 🤔 🤣

72C92289-B8A1-47F1-9AF6-72AF4CC78057.jpeg

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Did Wilf get through?