Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Kelechi Iheanacho

1 hour ago, AjcW said:

Interesting page reading this.

Rodgers has managed him terribly.

But we once treat him like shit too... 

Fickle game and all that ;) 

I agree it's fickle - I'd suggest most look at his statistics and performances since the days of Palace away & see that he should've been given considerably more game time than Rodgers has given him. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

I still think we need to cash in on him, doesn't fit our system because we are never going to play with a front 2

We might play a different system when we get a decent manager. I'd far sooner have him at the club than Rodgers. 1 swallow doesn't make a summer and if we beat Bournemouth, which we bloody well should do, Rodgers will soon revert to type, he'll never learn.

It's just a matter of whether by the time Top wakes up it too late or not. A few points of a run of easier games is papering over the cracks just like the 9 points we achieved at the end of last season. Some people seem to have also fallen for the guff that Rodgers gives about having inadequate playing staff, it's utter nonsense. 

5 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

We might play a different system when we get a decent manager. I'd far sooner have him at the club than Rodgers. 1 swallow doesn't make a summer and if we beat Bournemouth, which we bloody well should do, Rodgers will soon revert to type, he'll never learn.

It's just a matter of whether by the time Top wakes up it too late or not. A few points of a run of easier games is papering over the cracks just like the 9 points we achieved at the end of last season. Some people seem to have also fallen for the guff that Rodgers gives about having inadequate playing staff, it's utter nonsense. 

no manager we get is going to play a system that leaves out Barnes, we will be playing 1 up front as most managers play some variant of 433, Nacho would have been much better in a previous era

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

He could feature with Daka and Barnes in a front 3.

he could but I don't see it, if Maddison is moved back into midfield I would expect to see us signing a new winger otherwise he will stay where he is

1 minute ago, Jimmy said:

he could but I don't see it, if Maddison is moved back into midfield I would expect to see us signing a new winger otherwise he will stay where he is

Then there is the question about Maddison staying. I would be surprised if he is still here in a year. So maybe Iheanacho could pick up some of the creative void left by that.

And the other question, can we afford to make many signings in the next few windows, certainly of quality.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Then there is the question about Maddison staying. I would be surprised if he is still here in a year. So maybe Iheanacho could pick up some of the creative void left by that.

And the other question, can we afford to make many signings in the next few windows, certainly of quality.

yes we can, its an FFP issue as Brendan spunked a shit load of money on players he then never picks

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

no manager we get is going to play a system that leaves out Barnes, we will be playing 1 up front as most managers play some variant of 433, Nacho would have been much better in a previous era

You are allowed to change tactics during a game if things aren't working or depending upon that particular opposition and their tactics, even start differently. 

When Vardy couldn't buy a goal for a while a couple of seasons ago, Iheanacho scored about 12 goals in tandem with Vardy over a short period of time. It was precisely his goals that stopped us dropping into mid table mediocrity or a bit worse as we again flattered to deceive. Arguably he saved Rodgers bacon somewhat. Despite that, he was left on the bench at the start of the next season yet again.

Iheanacho scores different sorts of goals from different areas. Admittedly he can look a little bit ungainly at times but ultimately, it's the ball in the net that counts. 

Whilst I'm a fan of Barnes he can also be bloody dreadful and ineffectual at times. You can wait all game for a moment of genius and sometimes it never happens. A bit like Tielemans fanboys who rave about 'slide rule' passes, which in reality only occur very occasionally. Sometimes it's about reading an individuals or teams performance as a whole and changing things accordingly. Rodgers is so so poor at this. Iheanacho is one such player who can make a difference, if you also change things around him, that can do serious damage to an opposition. 

• Like 2

Jezzus H christ to many Internet football managers on this forum.

Yes we have a decent squad but people are getting beyond themselves, let’s take the 5 subs thing and calls for him to make changes, now look at the starting 11 then tell me which 5 come on and which 5 he replaces, start with Nacho.

Our squad is good it’s not great hence why we needed to refresh 5 or 6 players

To add Vardy started last night because he got the occasion 

Edited by BKLFox
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, volpeazzurro said:

You are allowed to change tactics during a game if things aren't working or depending upon that particular opposition and their tactics, even start differently. 

When Vardy couldn't buy a goal for a while a couple of seasons ago, Iheanacho scored about 12 goals in tandem with Vardy over a short period of time. It was precisely his goals that stopped us dropping into mid table mediocrity or a bit worse as we again flattered to deceive. Arguably he saved Rodgers bacon somewhat. Despite that, he was left on the bench at the start of the next season yet again.

Iheanacho scores different sorts of goals from different areas. Admittedly he can look a little bit ungainly at times but ultimately, it's the ball in the net that counts. 

Whilst I'm a fan of Barnes he can also be bloody dreadful and ineffectual at times. You can wait all game for a moment of genius and sometimes it never happens. A bit like Tielemans fanboys who rave about 'slide rule' passes, which in reality only occur very occasionally. Sometimes it's about reading an individuals or teams performance as a whole and changing things accordingly. Rodgers is so so poor at this. Iheanacho is one such player who can make a difference, if you also change things around him, that can do serious damage to an opposition. 

Does the above post make you an Iheanacho fanboy?

• Haha 1

Sorry, but Tielemans and Barnes are much more nailed on starters than Iheanacho should be, IMO. 

Not just that, but how are we setting up to accommodate him at the moment? I wouldn't change any of last nights starting 11 when everyone is fit (minus Pereira, possibly). 

• Like 1

I like Iheanacho but these are the issues he faces: 

Is he our best number 9? No. 

Is he our best number 10? No. 

Can he play wide? No. 

Would you drop any of our midfield to go with 2 strikers? Not at the minute. 

3 at the back to go two up top? We don't have 3 decent centre halves, and where does that leave Barnes? - who is probably our best outlet these days in terms of fast breaks. 

Good player, just not a great fit for the rest of the side at this moment in time. His time will come over the course of the season, I'm sure, just not right now. 

Edited by pedmcl
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, pedmcl said:

Sorry, but Tielemans and Barnes are much more nailed on starters than Iheanacho should be, IMO. 

Not just that, but how are we setting up to accommodate him at the moment? I wouldn't change any of last nights starting 11 when everyone is fit (minus Pereira, possibly). 

I think Barnes is, but he can be replaced if performing poorly which he does on occasions. Tielemans quite frankly would be on the bench for me. My point was that I think there have been times when changes have been needed and Iheanacho is a great alternative to some of the tactics employed. 

I think Barnes is, but he can be replaced if performing poorly which he does on occasions. Tielemans quite frankly would be on the bench for me. My point was that I think there have been times when changes have been needed and Iheanacho is a great alternative to some of the tactics employed. 

Fair enough, each to their own - personally think that Tielemans has been one of the few players that has performed consistently well so far this season. 

• Like 1

It's a squad game. Iheanacho is a prolific striker, yes prolific, his strike rate proves it. Rodgers needs to find a way to give him more game time but due to his poor squad management and limited ability to manipulate his tactics effectively during a game that seems to be beyond him. What a waste! 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...