Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Kelechi Iheanacho

10 hours ago, StanSP said:

Happy if he started with Daka again on Saturday. 

Albeit our change in tactic at half time today completely nullified both of them :(

That’s how Vardy has been isolated on his own when playing in that system. 

This tactic even manages to nullify the 2 forwards 😂😂

1 hour ago, cruzFOX said:

Nacho will save us again. This time we need to really honor him 

Playing with a big man up front he'd get a ton of Goals. His movement is so much better than the others.

He can drop back and play in front of the Defense while also able to assist others.

Then take up positions in the box where his goal scoring instincts come to the fore.

I'd give him a run on the right with Maddison on the left behind Daka.  

• Like 1

On 06/09/2022 at 01:34, studentofthegame said:

Decided to look back through his numbers after the mention of his record when starting games from earlier in the thread

If I counted it right then he has 15 goals and 10 assists in his last 35 starts in all competitions.

Also has 38 goals and 21 assists in 6,019 minutes in all competitions over the past 4 seasons. That is a goal contribution every 102 minutes over the equivalent of about 2 seasons worth of minutes. 

To compare with some other players in all competitions. 
Salah has a goal contribution every 98 minutes over the last 2 seasons (8,822 minutes) (65 goals and 25 assists)
Kane has a goal contribution every 95 minutes over the last 2 seasons (8,760 minutes) (65 goals and 27 assists)
Son has a goal contribution every 108 minutes over the last 2 seasons (8,013 minutes) (46 goals and 28 assists)
Mane has a goal contribution every 144 minutes over the last 2 seasons (7,657 minutes) (39 goals and 14 assists) 
Vardy has a goal contribution every 129 minutes over the last 2 seasons (6,079 minutes) (34 goals and 13 assists)
KDB has a goal contribution every 105 minutes over the last 2 seasons (6,922 minutes) (30 goals and 36 assists)

I know it isn't a perfect comparison with it being 4 seasons vs 2 seasons, but that was the only way to get relatively close regarding total minutes. 

It blows my mind that he isn't used more, especially when you consider the fact he is still only 25 and has had a hugely impressive goals/assists per minute record for his entire career. His total career numbers are 10,734 minutes, 69 goals and 37 assists if you take out u23/u21 games. That is a goal contribution every 99 minutes for his entire career. 

We should be looking at ways to play him and one other in a 2 up front. Daka and Vardy are far too similar, they make the same runs and occupy the same spaces, it should be Nacho + 1 of them or even Barnes if you like. 

I put up similar stats a while ago. Nacho is a goals/assists machine. Why no other team has come in for him is a mystery.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Leeds did on deadline day apparently. 

It would have been a travesty if he was sold or loaned. 

For us it would've been, but I feel it would've been better for Nacho. Actually I was surprised when Newcastle brought Wood because Nacho would've cost the same and is a much better player. I think because he doesn't make a fuss and is happy in the background, he's largely forgotten. 

• Like 1

On 05/09/2022 at 08:43, smudgerfox said:

According to The Sun, as quoted on Leicestershire Live, Kelechi has 15 goals and 5 assists in his last 25 starts! What sort of manager routinely ignores a player with that kind of record? 

A saboteur...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Dandy king said:

I've always thought it was strange how some seem to focus on the bad stuff , his touch etc, when he's clearly a goal machine. Does anything else really matter more than scoring ?  Rodgers has alot to answer for keeping him out the side when others walk in 

Yeah it is odd, like it isn't always pretty to watch, but I'd take the 3 or 4 horror touches a game to see him cut in and slap one in on his left foot 

He is just productive, the fact he has put up these numbers is impressive, but the fact he has done it with virtually no consistent minutes, in and out of the side, playing different formations with different players around him, also doesn't take set pieces/penalties to inflate those numbers, makes it all the more impressive

• Like 2

Please can we go back to basics, play Nacho and Vardy as a two up top, Maddison in the middle behind (ie a “proper” no 10) in a diamond, 4132 in possession, with full backs tucking in or bombing on on the overlap, 442 when defending.

ok it means that one of Wilf, Youri or KDH have to drop out but so be it.

something like

ward/Iversen 

castagne evans faes justin

Wilf

marc/Perez.         Barnes

Maddison

Kel.   Vardy

we would have a bench including Youri, kdh, Praet, Thomas, soy, amartey, Daka,

there is plenty of quality there for rotation or to change formation if required but just cannot see it happening unfortunately.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, urban fox said:

Please can we go back to basics, play Nacho and Vardy as a two up top, Maddison in the middle behind (ie a “proper” no 10) in a diamond, 4132 in possession, with full backs tucking in or bombing on on the overlap, 442 when defending.

something like

ward/Iversen 

Wilf

Maddison

Kel.   Vardy

there is plenty of quality there for rotation or to change formation if required but just cannot see it happening unfortunately.

Did you not see daka on Saturday?

12 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Honest him and Vardy looked like a match made in heaven in 20/21, why wouldn't you have built the team around it? 

Iheanacho was great but as team we weren't quite clicking. The 41212 we played at Villa in 19/20 was probably the best football we've ever played - we've barely ever seen it since, despite having a squad that's better equipped for it now.

Iheanacho doesn't even necessarily have to play as a pure striker, he's always played relatively well as 10 the few times he's been there, I'd like to see him tried on the right as well.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, urban fox said:

something like

ward/Iversen 

Wilf

Maddison

Kel.   Vardy

You want a 4-3-1-2, fine, but there's noway Barnes or Perez makes it into the three without every game resulting in us getting spanked.

• Like 2

On 05/09/2022 at 06:56, Blue-fox said:

That’s how Vardy has been isolated on his own when playing in that system. 

This tactic even manages to nullify the 2 forwards 😂😂

Rodgers had to change it in fairness. There were occasions where, on the break, we'd started to look dangerous and we'd already scored two goals! There was a danger that if he didn't change things we could have got something out of the game.

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, sm1 said:

I put up similar stats a while ago. Nacho is a goals/assists machine. Why no other team has come in for him is a mystery.

I suspect that it is because very few teams play 2 up top and Nacho isn't anywhere near as effective as a lone striker. His inclusion for us means playing one of the following formations: the dreaded 352/3412 (we are hopeless at this); a 442 diamond which would exclude Barnes, the one player we have who can beat his man; or a 4411/flat 442 which would mean shunting Maddison out to the right wing (not good). It is a real conundrum.