Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Kelechi Iheanacho

16 minutes ago, southfox66 said:

Finally we playing him in the right way put him in the box and he will score goals that's how he played at Man City, I think we need to allow him to become our main striker and Vardy has to take secondary role but the way Vardy set up the two assist today still show the big role he can play without having to be the main striker. 

Plus Vardy had a few great chances again today. The shot that was cleared off the line would have been scored usually, and the shot where he slipped and put it straight at the keeper, if he hadn’t slipped I’m sure he would have scored.

My fear with Kel is that as soon as we revert back to one up top, we get the same kind of performance he's previously put in. 

He is outstanding with someone up top with him but he just can't play as a loan striker. 

We might need to start looking at playing two up top permanently with either means a back 3 like today or 442. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

My fear with Kel is that as soon as we revert back to one up top, we get the same kind of performance he's previously put in. 

He is outstanding with someone up top with him but he just can't play as a loan striker. 

We might need to start looking at playing two up top permanently with either means a back 3 like today or 442. 

Yep this is the acid question. He has had cup games where he’s looked good playing on his own, but never in the league. The Nacho we are seeing now is insane; you wouldn’t drop this version of him in a month of sundays! So maybe we need to play two up top more often? 

Being in Europe makes it possible to play that way more often perhaps?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Class act!

You can feel the emotion in his speech... he clearly has had some inner demons plaguing him for a while now. 

Will be interesting to see how he progresses going forwards... players like Di Canio and Cantona were mercurial; they had great ability but also had mental demons too. But when those players matured / fixed their problems they became all-time greats. 

Nacho doesn’t have the talent of those two but the guy is a natural born finisher. Under Pellegrini at Man City he looked like he’d become a Premier League superstar. Man City weren’t going to give him the time to develop but we were supposed to be that club! Nacho in the right team can score 20 a season IMO. Finishes 2 and 3 are proof of that. 

Hahahaha think you may be going over the top with the mental side think he’s just happy he’s scored a Hattrick 😂😂😂

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Yep this is the acid question. He has had cup games where he’s looked good playing on his own, but never in the league. The Nacho we are seeing now is insane; you wouldn’t drop this version of him in a month of sundays! So maybe we need to play two up top more often? 

Being in Europe makes it possible to play that way more often perhaps?

That creates the issue of who it is that you drop? 

If we play the system we did today, maddison comes in for Perez but leaves no place for Barnes. If you play 442, Barnes has a place but Maddison doesn't. 

I get that the system we start with isn't the one that we may finish the game and these guys will get plenty of gamete but someone will be losing a starting place. 

6 minutes ago, psychonaut said:

Eduard not required.

I feel the exact opposite, I think he would be an ideal long term partner for Kel. 

Either way, you can't play two up top with only two recognised strikers in the squad. Thats just bonkers. 

• Like 2

So pleased for Kel and as others have said I hope he's turned the corner with us now. However I remember after a run of form last season or the season before, with goals against Everton, Villa and a few others and people were saying the same thing. I just hope the fan base don't turn on him again if he goes through another run of poor form. 

7 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

I could score goals in the SPL... he’s not fit to pace the boots of our Nacho Nacho Man

You clearly don't know the first thing about Scottish football so I'm interested to hear how you've came to that conclusion....

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

I've seen him called everything from a donkey to a competition winner on here. He hasn't just been written off, he's been mocked and ridiculed. 

You'd expect nothing less from most the donuts on here though. 

Very fickle fans. All he needs is two or three bad games now and he’s a donkey again

4 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

You clearly don't know the first thing about Scottish football so I'm interested to hear how you've came to that conclusion....

I watch a fair bit of Scottish football actually. The top half the of the SPL is Championship / bottom 8 Prem standard. The rest of it is total pish 

6 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

I've seen him called everything from a donkey to a competition winner on here. He hasn't just been written off, he's been mocked and ridiculed. 

You'd expect nothing less from most the donuts on here though. 

Very true there are some ****ing idiots on here