Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Kelechi Iheanacho

I, too, have been critical of Nacho in the past and taking nothing away from his recent performances and this afternoon's superb efforts you have to remember it was relegation fodder in front of us today.

If he could be more consistent then we could have a world class player on our hands.

56 minutes ago, Farrington fox said:

Really pleased for him. Looks a different player tbf. Has something just clicked or has Brendans input been key. 

....this is the situation that we had been looking for when we bought him in!!!

The early injury which stopped this happening, then playing a lone striker and Nacho just not performing or seeming to put the effort in when he played. Having consecutive  games has helped no end and being slightly withdrawn now plays to his strengths. A bigger feature could just be how Vardy is redefining his own game, he has always read the game well, and now has become a great supplier to Nacho, that is one unexpected turnaround.

• Like 3

What a great guy and he’s deadly in front of goal. Makes me laugh all the hate he used to get because he wasn’t in form having 10 minute cameos here and there. You can see with a run of games and confidence he’s a good striker. He needs a new contract ASAP and we then search for a partner for him. 

• Like 3

Finally we playing him in the right way put him in the box and he will score goals that's how he played at Man City, I think we need to allow him to become our main striker and Vardy has to take secondary role but the way Vardy set up the two assist today still show the big role he can play without having to be the main striker. 

• Like 3

Right I've slated him a fair bit in this thread especially so I am dead pleased he is looking confident and now scoring, given this run of games he's getting.

But, as I said in the post match thread, two up front is what I like to see (especially against sides at home who are in the lower half of the table). It's more of a threat and neither Kelechi or Vardy look as isolated given they're together. I know we won't play today's formation all the time but it was great to see Perez changing positions with Kelechi at times also.

• Like 1