Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Kelechi Iheanacho

17 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...when Nacho missed that penalty he was at the lowest he could be and our views on him was not much different!!!

The need to play him recently and him chipping in with goals has raised quite a few expectations on his suitability but I am sure Rodgers is not impressed. Nacho can be exquisite in one moment then absolutely poor the next, heavy touches and inaccurate link play, he is far too inconsistent and that means unreliable!!

It's all true, but if you look at previous good runs, everything looks so accidental. Every once in awhile he had a good match but it's like he never really fit in. In recent matches there's something different about him. He's calm and decisive and most importantly he lost that bewildered  facial expression he used to constantly have.

Something tells me we're going to see a very different Kele from now on, wether it's with us or not. 

Edited by BlackFox
  • Like 1

It's no surprise these last 2 games he's done well, he often looks good for us in a front 2 with Vardy. In fact when they play as a 2 it's he who is usually the one that shows up better as its perfect for his game to drop in and be able to play those through balls or being able to find space created by Vardy to get a clear sight at goal.

We know his limitations as a lone striker but in a front 2 he scores and creates goals.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

I don't think I've ever changed my mind on a player quite as much as him. He's one extreme to the other.

In that lies the problem with Nacho, even in 90 minutes, he can go from looking like a high level PL striker to some who would struggle in the championship.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

It's no surprise these last 2 games he's done well, he often looks good for us in a front 2 with Vardy. In fact when they play as a 2 it's he who is usually the one that shows up better as its perfect for his game to drop in and be able to play those through balls or being able to find space created by Vardy to get a clear sight at goal.

We know his limitations as a lone striker but in a front 2 he scores and creates goals.

I think Sky commented on the number of goals scored by Nacho in Vardy in partnership, was very high.

• Like 1

Two big performances from Kel, coming off the back of a great showing v Fulham and a lot of cup goals. 

I think people tend to get frustrated by some of his clumsy touches, but the fact is he always tries to get on the ball and impact games and his finishing is generally decent. 

Hopefully he gets a fair crack from big Bren and the fans - people tend to be much more patient with other forwards when they go on dry spells, but for quite sometime now Kel’s record stands up pretty well to our other options. Let’s hope his form continues 

• Like 2

Touch like an eye for goal requires game time more than anything else. Itchy Nacho’s is a good player and a natural goal scorer. Play him and he scores, quite simple. 

Lineker was pretty dire at the other stuff. But by god he could score goals. 

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

I remember being at the friendly game where he made his debut for us.  played a sublime ball through to vardy to score and then got injured and did his ankle. 

At the time, I was so excited for what that partnership would bring and he is definitely a "two up top" kind of player. 

The problem is, we have used him as a "vardy replacement" rather than a "vardy supplement".  

• Like 3

Always think Nacho is a casualty of modern football, he would have been much better suited to playing in 90s -early 2000.

Everyone played 4-4-2 two up top strike partnerships. He's so much more suited to playing as a pair.

Modern football is more about 1 up top.

• Like 1

On 08/03/2021 at 15:54, cruzFOX said:

Thats twice now we have seen a world class pass followed up by a world class finish. Youre and Nachos seem to be on a similar wavelength and I love it! There is a great player inside Nachos there really is its just covered in layers of fluff which has previously disappointed us. Like others have said with more games and more goals he's only going to get better. His fighting talk about playing for his fallen comrades shows maturity and s leadership material at a time when we really need that. Great fightback by the lads and this new found grit will do us good in the coming games but boy do we need Vardy back to scoring again. I wonder if he's doubting himself confidence wise being a few yards off pace? It's like the team are carrying him at the moment but knowing the player he is he will starting firing on all cylinders sooner or later

Nacho links up well with everyone Youri Madders and Vardy

On 08/03/2021 at 10:54, cruzFOX said:

Thats twice now we have seen a world class pass followed up by a world class finish. Youre and Nachos seem to be on a similar wavelength and I love it! There is a great player inside Nachos there really is its just covered in layers of fluff which has previously disappointed us. Like others have said with more games and more goals he's only going to get better. His fighting talk about playing for his fallen comrades shows maturity and s leadership material at a time when we really need that. Great fightback by the lads and this new found grit will do us good in the coming games but boy do we need Vardy back to scoring again. I wonder if he's doubting himself confidence wise being a few yards off pace? It's like the team are carrying him at the moment but knowing the player he is he will starting firing on all cylinders sooner or later

Vardy hat trick against Sheffield. Too busy defending Iheanacho. Two birds one stone.

2 hours ago, Greg2607 said:

I remember being at the friendly game where he made his debut for us.  played a sublime ball through to vardy to score and then got injured and did his ankle. 

At the time, I was so excited for what that partnership would bring and he is definitely a "two up top" kind of player. 

The problem is, we have used him as a "vardy replacement" rather than a "vardy supplement".  

.. I remember watching that game and believing we were about to go to the next level with these two!!!

The pass to Vardy probably sums up Nacho, he got himself in a great position and just needed a square ball to Vardy, the pass was a bit behind Vardy but he adjusted and managed to score, such a careless pass, it really sums them both up to a tee.

17 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

My personal opinion is that selling Iheanacho provides more problems than it solves, and I'm increasingly of the opinion that we need 3 strikers at the club, not least because Vardy will not still be at it for all that much longer (sorry for vagueness, but who can quantify for how long with any certainty?), but the guy (Vardy) is and has been such a superb icon and hero to us all that he deserves to be treated with total and utter respect as he approaches the end of his career. If that means talking to him about a gradually reduced role, having a 2 as an option to take some of the burden off him, developing him into a dynamic 30 minute sub, or just a gradual and understood phasing out (or down the pecking order when the time comes) then I think this is a crucial & critical management issue. Add in to that that Iheanacho is still young, and may be approaching the best years of his career still, then it might be foolish to let him go elsewhere. 

Agree 100% 

Top post

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I've obviously been scathing of the guy in the past but he's been very good today so fair play to him. Took his goal well and lovely awareness and ball to put one on a plate for Vardy that he really should have finished.

Hopefully he can keep this level of performance up. It seems, in the time that I've followed Leicester closely anyway that he's starting in the last few games to make it difficult for Rodgers to drop him.

It may just be his style but sometimes think he needs to be more aggressive in getting involved in the game though.