Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Kelechi Iheanacho

In all seriousness I think Kelechi could be one half of the solution to replacing Vardy. Realistically we’re never going to able to replace Vardy, but get another man in playing alongside Nacho, it could be possible that the responsibility in replacing Vardy is split. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

In all seriousness I think Kelechi could be one half of the solution to replacing Vardy. Realistically we’re never going to able to replace Vardy, but get another man in playing alongside Nacho, it could be possible that the responsibility in replacing Vardy is split. 

Potentially, but that would seriously restrict our other options.

For example, where would that leave Harvey Barnes?  

It means you'd really have to go with 3 centre backs, unless you play an old school 4-4-2, which is again limiting, where would you play Maddison?

It's difficult. There's no right or wrong answer, but if we were to bring in another top striker to replace Vardy, he'd have to be capable of playing alone, but we'd have the option of mixing it up and playing Kelechi with him.

As good as Iheanacho has been in the past few weeks, I don't see him cut out as a lone striker.

Consistently qualifying for the Champions League would be a big step in solving the problems, giving us opportunities to play different players and different formations.

First time hes been given a proper chance to shine and its come because the manager literally had nowhere else to turn.

Absolutely made up for him that he's getting the credit he deserves.

One of the best finishers I've ever seen at the club, the man knows where the onion bag is and scores all types of goals

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think I read somewhere that he's got a lower minutes per goal ratio than Gabriel Jesus over the last two years, which tells you everything. He's one of those players who's football is very easy on the eye so when he's not at it or playing average he sticks out like a sore thumb. Today he was literally unplayable. 

5 hours ago, psychonaut said:

Eduard not required.

....definitely a big part of the equation, this Vardy situation is a start of him relinquishing the role of Lone Striker!!!

We have more options with two upfront, and Edouard will be  a big part of the way we play and with three strikers and playing with two upfront we will be sorted.

1 hour ago, Berlinfox said:

You do know his mother died when he as a young boy. Playing so well and scoring a hat-trick on Mothers' Day clearly had a special meaning to him. You also see how he points to heaven when he scores a goal. Talking about God and devoting a win to mothers all over the world is not something you would expect in a post-match interview and it came across as genuinely humble and grateful. 

Yeah I did... Sorry, did you take that as me criticising him? Wasn't a comment based on his interview today but every interview he does where he sounds incredibly shy and nervous. Same thing I've noticed won't Like Thomas. Nothing wrong with that at all and it actually endears him to me even more. Can't all be great in front of the cameras like a Maddison.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Potentially, but that would seriously restrict our other options.

For example, where would that leave Harvey Barnes?  

It means you'd really have to go with 3 centre backs, unless you play an old school 4-4-2, which is again limiting, where would you play Maddison?

It's difficult. There's no right or wrong answer, but if we were to bring in another top striker to replace Vardy, he'd have to be capable of playing alone, but we'd have the option of mixing it up and playing Kelechi with him.

As good as Iheanacho has been in the past few weeks, I don't see him cut out as a lone striker.

Consistently qualifying for the Champions League would be a big step in solving the problems, giving us opportunities to play different players and different formations.

The great thing about this form is that it means we might not need to rush Harvey back and I don't think anyone of us would have been expecting that a few weeks back.

Much like Justin's emergence meant that there was no rush for Ricardo to come back and even guys like Mendy and Fofana playing so well with Wilf and Cags out. Shows you what a bloody great team effort this has been.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, SydenhamFox said:

He was in tears. No doubt about it. The camera pulled away but you could tell he was actually sobbing just before. So pleased for him. 

Tears for his late mother on Mother's Day. What a great guy. Legend. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Jaspa said:

Delighted for him, so much talent, particularly in his left foot. Got the quality alot of top strikers do where they know how to 'strike' a ball properly and get some great power into it with clean hits, think Kane & Aguero.

That said we've seen quality from him before; example his screamer against Spurs at Wembley. Apart from very brief moments his time here has been below average. Hopefully this signals a corner turned and his confidence can keep growing. Particularly though, to convince me I really want to see him put in a performance in a big game against a 'big' club.

I think he turned that corner against Everton at the beginning of last season - since then he’s contributed significantly - especially in the cups. 

He’s been massive for us during a period when we needed someone to step up. This is more than a brief moment.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, FoxesWalk said:

The £50m buy back clause that Man City have is supposedly still valid for another season after this one. Can’t imagine they will go for him though, probably will be fighting for Haaland 

I didn't realise it was 50 tbf, that's better than I thought. 

They'll never buy him for that. To be honest, I'd still snap their hands off for 50.