Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Strokes

Getting brexit done!

Guest Markyblue
On 23/09/2020 at 20:24, WigstonWanderer said:

How on earth you guys managed to inflict this madness upon yourselves beats me. The lunatics are truly in charge of the asylum now.

Called democracy,  terrible ain't it, well it is when it delivers a result the MINORITY dont want, cheers. 

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/8bc3161c-fea2-11ea-8eac-e356e4cd0308

Number 10 has realised it's boxed itself in and probably given up just to get a deal. With Boris' popularity on the wane, he's gonna upset some even more. We all saw this coming and they would have easily got away with it had they just extended the transition period in March.

"There is, though, a case for choosing to fight some of these battles later; you have to make it through the short term to get to the long term. This is particularly the case now that Covid is going to dominate politics for at least the next six months. Given the administrative shortcomings that have been highlighted recently, it is difficult to believe that this country could easily handle Covid and a no-deal Brexit simultaneously."

• Like 2

I think one of many errors remainers made was really pushing the conspiracy theories about disaster capitalists wanting no deal, both last year with the WA and this year with the trade agreement. Makes it a lot easier for the government to spin capitulation as something positive. 

2 hours ago, Markyblue said:

Called democracy,  terrible ain't it, well it is when it delivers a result the MINORITY dont want, cheers. 

I like to see posts like this still floating about. Makes me nostalgic for the summer when Leicester went into the new season as Champions. 

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

I dare say they’ll cobble together some sort of half arsed deal to save face on both sides, but both will be poorer for it.

I think that's a possibility.

But there are some true Brexit believers in high places if we are to believe what we are told. They might decide a 'clean break' makes it easier for them to fulfil their global Britain fantasies. 

A fvcking embarrassment yet again, and all the Brexit boys have gone awfully quiet. 

It was always going to be a no-deal Brexit, whether by design or pure ineptitude. Since Boris has lied, lied and lied again and the country has been deceived by the Tories again and again, I'm erring toward the former. This POS is singly responsible for driving us face-first into the shit, all because he wanted to be a big boy and get the top job.

Now he's over his head and hopefully taking the Tories down with him. Couldn't have happened to a nicer bloke.

9 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Both sides are posturing.

I'm actually glad the Govt are not rolling over.

There'll probably be a last minute deal.

If not, I blame the EU.

They've been difficult from the start.

(PS I voted remain)

I was trying to work out if that's a limerick or a chant.

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

The EU's job is to look after the interests of its members, not give in to the whims of non-members. 

The EU want to be as difficult as possible to show other countries who are thinking of leaving that it won't be easy, I get what they're doing.

The UK's job is to look after us and not have the EU taking the p*** in any way.

29 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Not rolling over from what? The "oven ready" deal they readily agreed, signed off and won an election on? That deal?

The EU's job is to look after the interests of its members, not give in to the whims of non-members. I don't think the EU is perfect by any means but I'm afraid it's tough tits on our part if we don't get everything we want. We left the club, therefore we don't get to call the shots.

The 'oven ready deal' was delivered. It's called the Withdrawal Agreement, not to be confused with the Free Trade Agreement which is what is being negotiated now (or was). 

16 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

The 'oven ready deal' was delivered. It's called the Withdrawal Agreement, not to be confused with the Free Trade Agreement which is what is being negotiated now (or was). 

.......and Johnson reneged on the agreement three weeks after Brexit Day.

Edited by l444ry

35 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

The EU want to be as difficult as possible to show other countries who are thinking of leaving that it won't be easy, I get what they're doing.

The UK's job is to look after us and not have the EU taking the p*** in any way.

Well you can't praise the UK for playing hardball and then moan about the EU doing the same. It was obvious that a trading bloc representing almost 30 countries was always going to have a stronger hand than one country on its own.

It's concerning the people who led this campaign, and who are now running the country, weren't bright enough to recognise that.

16 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

That's not how it was sold to the electorate though, was it...