Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Merih Demiral

1 hour ago, Abrasive fox said:

Cant see him playing that much here. I know hes class but would he displace Cags or Jonny? Maybe in the summer I'd imagine. Seems unlikely at this stage I would have thought.

Cags didn’t play much before this season - would be good to get him in early to adapt to the squad and maybe give us an option toward the end of this season.

• Like 1

The general consensus of the Turks on twitter is he's even better than Soyuncu. :o

Happy to have the "Turkish Wall" and Jonny Evans passing on his experience. Just like having Praet it would bring genuine quality into a position that covers two players. We certainly need to plan beyond Big Wes.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, sdb said:

Few teeny fan pages on twitter suggesting he's as good as signed? Assuming that's not quite true?!!

Checkout his National Team perfonmance(he selected for best 11 for Eu Qualifers) and last 2 games for Juve. He is very promising player. Worth to hype. 

Edited by Redbeard

On 15/12/2019 at 13:12, Langston said:

He's meant to be really promising isn't he? Looks a bit of a hardcase, tremendous stuff.

In Turkey's European Championship campaign where they twice got results with France, he was their overall best defender. Definitely has promise, hence signing for Juventus, but don't downplay our Cags as to out perform Van Dijk in the Premier League as he has done this season is IMO unmatched by anyone in Europe. Soyuncu's national team performances also improved this season as a result of regular game time with us.

No brainer signing if we could get him though! Leicester is one of the best clubs in Europe for young players to make their mark and not only is his national team colleague here already (which benefits both the player and his national team), but he has Evans here too to improve him, as Evans has done with Soyuncu already. Sure Juve have even better defenders like Chielini, but I don't think he would get the same day-to-day or actual playing of games alongside a player like Evans to really help him out.

My gut feeling is we won't get him though. I think other teams are more desperate for a CB and will over pay, and I think Rudkin won't flinch and pay an inflated price.

Also bonus footage of the brilliant Soyuncu challenge from Saturday!

Edited by StriderHiryu

5 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

In Turkey's European Championship campaign where they twice got results with France, he was their overall best defender. Definitely has promise, hence signing for Juventus, but don't downplay our Cags as to out perform Van Dijk in the Premier League as he has done this season is IMO unmatched by anyone in Europe. Soyuncu's national team performances also improved this season as a result of regular game time with us.

No brainer signing if we could get him though! Leicester is one of the best clubs in Europe for young players to make their mark and not only is his national team colleague here already (which benefits both the player and his national team), but he has Evans here too to improve him, as Evans has done with Soyuncu already. Sure Juve have even better defenders like Chielini, but I don't think he would get the same day-to-day or actual playing of games alongside a player like Evans to really help him out.

My gut feeling is we won't get him though. I think other teams are more desperate for a CB and will over pay, and I think Rudkin won't flinch and pay an inflated price.

Also bonus footage of the brilliant Soyuncu challenge from Saturday!

Great last ditch tackle from Soyuncu as it was, I was more worried with how easy and susceptible we were to the ball over the top. We have been so solid all season, last 2 games have given too many chances away. Maybe the formation change resulted in a few defensive problems. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Unique FC said:

Great last ditch tackle from Soyuncu as it was, I was more worried with how easy and susceptible we were to the ball over the top. We have been so solid all season, last 2 games have given too many chances away. Maybe the formation change resulted in a few defensive problems. 

I think it partly was due to the formation change for sure, and probably that Pukki is also very good at catching defenders out this way. 

1 hour ago, Unique FC said:

Indeed, I wouldn't exactly be throwing up (pun intended) highlights of Soynuncu's performance against Norwich, since it's one best forgotten ASAP.  He had a nightmare game - Pukki owned him from the opening whistle.

11 hours ago, Gerard said:

The general consensus of the Turks on twitter is he's even better than Soyuncu. :o

Happy to have the "Turkish Wall" and Jonny Evans passing on his experience. Just like having Praet it would bring genuine quality into a position that covers two players. We certainly need to plan beyond Big Wes.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ozan_Kabak

him and also Ozan Kabak

Edited by Iran
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Guybino said:

I think it partly was due to the formation change for sure, and probably that Pukki is also very good at catching defenders out this way. 

Pukki's movement was very good, it has to be said. I don't understand why play with such a high line when playing against fast attackers though. We were lucky on a few occasions this video of Soyuncu plus Ricardo last ditch tackle. Would make more sense with our defenders to drop 10-15y and Kasper play slightly higher then reduce the space for them to run into. As poor as we were, Norwich impressed. 

We are lucky to have Soyuncu and not Maguire in this case as he would never have caught up with Pukki. 

We are in an incredible position with 2 huge league games coming up. Try and make the most of this, learn from when we won the league and wasted all the signings pretty much that summer. If we can get Demirel and maybe one attacker / winger that will be a successful window. 

9 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

I don't know. Why would he go from a club where he's third choice... To a club where he's third choice? Also not too convinced how good he is, although he has put in several brilliant performances.

Can Evans really keep up the pace he's at now though? He's turning 32 within the next few weeks. I reckon he'd be pushing for a starting place next season if he's half as good as the Turkish fans make him out as (... :whistle:), with at least playing in all cup competitions. I don't really want 2 CB's as 'active' as Soyuncu is though. I like the balance we have right now.

Edited by Beechey

1 hour ago, Beechey said:

Can Evans really keep up the pace he's at now though? He's turning 32 within the next few weeks. I reckon he'd be pushing for a starting place next season if he's half as good as the Turkish fans make him out as (... :whistle:), with at least playing in all cup competitions. I don't really want 2 CB's as 'active' as Soyuncu is though. I like the balance we have right now.

I like the idea of signing Ben White (if we can), who's not quite as far ahead in his development and is younger so would probably be more likely to take a year as understudy.

2 hours ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

We're one injury or suspension away from being in trouble.  We definitely need another CB and this guy looks great. I'll be surprised if Evans and go through the season not getting injured. 

Interesting point. I read that the most appearances Evans has ever made in a PL season is 31. He’s obviously on course to beat that, if he can avoid injury. That’s IF in capital letters.

With European football more likely than not next season we’ll need to be able to rotate at CB, probably 2 from 3 of similar ability with a Benkovic or equivalent used occasionally as fourth choice.