Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Merih Demiral

2 minutes ago, lcfceaves said:

Who is dropped if we sign another centre back...? Brendan also said he’d like to give Wes another year... then there’s Benkovic... im

confused as to why we have been so desperate for another centre back 

European football could easily add another 10 games to our schedule next year. I imagine Wes is more of an example setter who would turn out for the FA Cup / early rounds of Carabao Cup, with the others competing for actual places. Benkovic seems like he's lost a lot of time due to injuries, so having cover is important. Remember when bombscare Benny ended up playing a number of games for us in a row? I don't think we want a repeat of that scenario.

Also we might want to play a back 3 more often as we did against Newcastle. We looked very good in that system actually so wouldn't be against seeing it more often.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, lcfceaves said:

Who is dropped if we sign another centre back...? Brendan also said he’d like to give Wes another year... then there’s Benkovic... im

confused as to why we have been so desperate for another centre back 

With respect, wes is clearly being signed on due to his expirence and presence. I doubt he will play next season unless it’s a league cup/fa cup game vs lower league opposition 

1 minute ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

I remember two of those games being the Champions League quarterfinals! :unsure:

Which we got knocked out in!

Though to be fair, I wouldn't pin the exit on Benny specifically. But the fact he departed to go to Forest and not a club in the top flight speaks volumes about his overall quality.

Just now, StriderHiryu said:

Which we got knocked out in!

Though to be fair, I wouldn't pin the exit on Benny specifically. But the fact he departed to go to Forest and not a club in the top flight speaks volumes about his overall quality.

That's what I mean -- He wasn't even in the squad the squad the first half of the season, since Ranieri was trying to force him to move, but we had no options after Hernandez (remember him? Not even our worst signing that window) skipped town in January. I know Rodgers likes a tight squad, but yikes, even now we seem short on CB cover, especially given he sometimes likes to go three at the back.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, richardsfoxes said:

What a signing this could be, just hope we don't forget about a winger this window.

If someone offered me Demiral this window and nothing else I'd take it in a heartbeat. We can look at the wide player problem in the summer.

He gives us the option of playing three at the back, top quality cover and even if we played 2 CB's over 50 games next season the three CB's could average 33+ games each. He's 21 and we could have the "Turkish Wall" for years. it's important to have a top quality reserve in position like the CB and the No8's in CM as we play two players in those positions so it's much easier to keep three players happy over a season than it is a position that we only need one player like GK, LB, RB. CDM, FW, etc. 

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

We'd go 3-4-1-2 if he came in and we'd win the remaining 17 league games.

Kasper
        Demiral Evans soyoncu 

Ricardo         Ndidi         Chilwell

Maddison  Tielemans

Pérez

Vardy 

It does sound like 3 at the back is something Rodgers wants to have the option to use semi-regularly. With the CL and using that formation a good chunk of the time, there’s room for one more starting caliber defender and Benkovic both in the squad.

8 hours ago, Fox seen in Norwich said:

Kasper
        Demiral Evans soyoncu 

Ricardo         Ndidi         Chilwell

Maddison  Tielemans

Pérez

Vardy 

Looks good apart from (according to the Star/Express):

Chilly to Chelsea

Caglar to Pepcester City

Ndidi to Aresnal ( 20M)

Ricardo to Spuds (30M)

Madders to Manure (50M)

We should know our place!!

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

Arsenal won’t be able to offer CL football next season....

The player will make a decision that arsenal are more likely then us to qualify over the next three seasons ..... plus the bigger wages ..... plus living in London .... plus playing for one of the worlds premier clubs ..... we do have allendale road to set against Bond Street .... might be a tight call for the lad! (Hopefully he doesn’t have a partner !) 

on a serous note, arsenal need a first choice CB - we don’t.  Unless brendan is going to go to a back three regularly then arsenal are more attractive simply on a week to week playing basis forgetting all the other stuff ....

Edited by st albans fox
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

The player will make a decision that arsenal are more likely then us to qualify over the next three seasons ..... plus the bigger wages ..... plus living in London .... plus playing for one of the worlds premier clubs ..... we do have allendale road to set against Bond Street .... might be a tight call for the lad! (Hopefully he doesn’t have a partner !) 

on a serous note, arsenal need a first choice CB - we don’t.  Unless brendan is going to go to a back three regularly then arsenal are more attractive simply on a week to week playing basis forgetting all the other stuff ....

It’s 2020, Arsenal aren’t a serious club anymore