Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

(Some of) Our Fans

19 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

What about ukip, Britain first, edl and brexit party? 

Exactly, standing up to fascists and racists shouldn’t even be seen as “political” in the first place it’s called not being a dickhead

• Like 1

10 hours ago, StanSP said:

I find this bit a bizarre statement to make.

96 fans lost their lives and The Sun chose to blame the fans for it and created vile rumours at the time about what some fans did to others. I'm not fvcking surprised they banned the paper. 

What is this about a 'wallowing test' either?! Is it now bad to have sympathy for footballs fans who went to a game and never returned home?

This is exactly the sort of thing I'm talking about. Do you think "it is bad to have sympathy for football fans who went to a game and never returned home" is a fair synopsis of what I said?Who has ever argued that? This is what happens when anybody tries to have an opinion on this subject that doesn't conform to the decreed orthodoxy. Whatever they say is immediately framed as a failure to be sufficiently sympathetic and the actual points made are never addressed.

Here was my actual point:

Many Liverpool fans have shown themselves to be emotionally sensitive, thin-skinned and quick to be offended (about lots of things - that's just the reputation they have). They have revealed to the world exactly what pushes their buttons and winds them up. They can be relied upon to become visibly agitated whenever they encounter something that upsets them. Football fans tend to exploit whatever upsets opposition fans the most, and because some Liverpool fans behave the way they do, they make it very easy to target their sensitivities regarding what EVERYBODY agrees is an extremely sad and tragic episode in football history. If they didn't react in the way they do, there'd be nothing to target. Showing a picture of "the Sun" is a dig at how Liverpool fans continue to behave regarding that undeniably tragic event. Nobody is celebrating it, but some people (like me) do think that there are good and bad ways of dealing with tragedy, and this seemingly never-ending period of rage and hysteria is a sub-optimal strategy for getting over something so awful. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

I could not careless as long as they're not forcing their views on me. I'm there to watch football not debate politics. It's a free country everyone is entitled to their political beliefs. 

I agree entirely with you. Things have changed in this country though since the election a couple of weeks ago.

Before people would keep their views to themselves.  Now they're more brazen.

Shouting about supporting the Tory party is code for shouting support for racism. Look at those chanting to get the picture.

We are entering a time where people who used to be closet racists now feel emboldened to speak out without fear. After all the prime minister has pretty much given everyone the go ahead.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

I agree entirely with you. Things have changed in this country though since the election a couple of weeks ago.

Shouting about supporting the Tory party is code for shouting support for racism. Look at those chanting to get the picture.

We are entering a time where people who used to be closet racists now feel emboldened to speak out without fear. After all the prime minister has pretty much given everyone the go ahead.

I mean I've made it pretty clear that I don't feel like political views should be voiced at a football match one way or another. However I don't feel like your last sentence has any credibility whatsoever and you're merely making a biased party political point with no substance at all. Racists feel emboldened to speak out, do the? Prime Minister given the ahead to racism, when? Plus you're just plainly choosing to avoid racism on the other side of the political spectrum as well. 

10 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Agreeing whilst completely misinterpreting the post to make a stupid, cheap political point.

Only one party forced to apologise for racism, and it wasn’t the Tories. 

17 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Absolute bollocks. 

Next. 

PS. I’m loving the lefty tears in this thread, just as a reminder that Boris got a huge majority:D

Edited by Leicester_Loyal

18 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

lol

No idea why that guy who made monkey noises at Fred did it, should have just bought a blue rosette and wore it, exactly the same thing.

(Red one if away at Spurs obviously)

5 minutes ago, Father Ted said:

Here's some facts from yesterday:

Members of the away end taunting L1 with helicopter motions 

2 members of the away end led away by police (possibly arrested?) for racially abusing an Asian lad

Political chants and motives started by Liverpool fans with a "**** the Tories" chant, to which L1 responded with "There's only 1 Boris Johnson". 

I don't really see any uproar about any of those though. Always the victims, never their fault. Ashamed of nothing. Most vile club in the country.

Amazing when you actually look beyond the outrage at what actually happened. Thanks for posting.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Father Ted said:

2 members of the away end led away by police (possibly arrested?) for racially abusing an Asian lad

Political chants and motives started by Liverpool fans with a "**** the Tories" chant, to which L1 responded with "There's only 1 Boris Johnson". 

I don't really see any uproar about any of those though. Always the victims, never their fault. Ashamed of nothing. Most vile club in the country.

Well said. 

Some absolute weapons on here. 

Edited by Leicester_Loyal

13 hours ago, Bob Hazels shorts said:

Worth noting that many supports do not live in the inner- city and have no desire to.

The county is totally blue.

Bet more voted  Tory than Labour  amongst  those who attended majorities in Leicestershire and Northants were massive  and only one party have been reported for racism

16 hours ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

I sit in L1 because when we were in League One it was the only area of the ground with a bit of atmosphere, you can stand uninterrupted and the view is better from the side of the pitch than behind the goal. But there’s always been the absolute worst of Leicester supporters in there and you have to despair when people are singing about Boris Johnson at a football game when, if you averaged out their annual salaries, I can guarantee that they are not singing for the party that’s in their best interests. It’s a strange phenomenon to hear the turkeys chanting en masse for Christmas.

The only way I can rationalise it is a state of mind where being on the winning side is more important than what that actually means for you as an individual. It’s a grab for the high ground and stuff like this flashing of The Sun images (not as disrespectful as it is immature) is just a desperate attempt to somehow get the upper hand without any appreciation of the nuances.

As a society, we seemed to have turned into an “I’m the king of the castle and you’re the dirty rascal” mentality that was previously reserved for 5 year olds. Utterly bizarre.

Brilliantly put. Explained much better than my attempts!

Your theory stacks up to what this 'LeicesterLoyal' half wit is spouting.

The main theme coming from his posts is to proudly remind people who it was that won the election or to taunt people that are trying (in vain) to educate with jibes along the lines of 'don't cry because you lost'.

My own Dad messaged me with a text gloating about the imminent Tory majority the moment the exit polls came out. Well done, mate, your 'side' won. This isn't football, these aren't teams to support. They're political parties and the one you're choosing are going to fvck you brutally in the arse, without lube.

Unfortunately those with a lack of education are more likely to experience a life filled with the sense of not being listened to, not getting what they want and ultimately being unhappy.

People that have struggled in life are desperate for the feeling of being on the winning side, and of course they will align with the angry right wing, especially if it means feeling like they're being heard.

Part of what is so brilliant about the Tory PR machine is how well they convey this sense of inevitable victory. Combined with a few very strong sound bites, it's incredibly powerful. Labour on the other hand have been pathetic in their attempts from a communications standpoint. I should know, it's what I do.

And no, I'm not 'crying'. The outcome of the election directly benefits me as an individual. I've said it already, I give up. Kind of starting to think I shouldn't bother trying to help people to understand. Maybe I should just become a massive Tory and enjoy watching the lower classes struggle.

Following reading this thread, I understand the appeal.

Edited by Nod.E
  • Thanks 1

Guest Markyblue
3 hours ago, Nod.E said:

Brilliantly put. Explained much better than my attempts!

Your theory stacks up to what this 'LeicesterLoyal' half wit is spouting.

The main theme coming from his posts is to proudly remind people who it was that won the election or to taunt people that are trying (in vain) to educate with jibes along the lines of 'don't cry because you lost'.

My own Dad messaged me with a text gloating about the imminent Tory majority the moment the exit polls came out. Well done, mate, your 'side' won. This isn't football, these aren't teams to support. They're political parties and the one you're choosing are going to fvck you brutally in the arse, without lube.

Unfortunately those with a lack of education are more likely to experience a life filled with the sense of not being listened to, not getting what they want and ultimately being unhappy.

People that have struggled in life are desperate for the feeling of being on the winning side, and of course they will align with the angry right wing, especially if it means feeling like they're being heard.

Part of what is so brilliant about the Tory PR machine is how well they convey this sense of inevitable victory. Combined with a few very strong sound bites, it's incredibly powerful. Labour on the other hand have been pathetic in their attempts from a communications standpoint. I should know, it's what I do.

And no, I'm not 'crying'. The outcome of the election directly benefits me as an individual. I've said it already, I give up. Kind of starting to think I shouldn't bother trying to help people to understand. Maybe I should just become a massive Tory and enjoy watching the lower classes struggle.

Following reading this thread, I understand the appeal.

You are the reason a lot of people would vote for boris, condescending to people with a view other than your own. 

6 hours ago, Father Ted said:

You have to remember that the outrage on here from some has nothing to do with what happened at the kp or didn't depending who you believe,  its more to do with what party people voted for, in a democracy grown men/,women are being attacked by bitter losers over how they voted in the guise of being outraged over the treatment of the biggest scumbag fans in football.  Its a smokescreen.