Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Scottish Football

Good to put Rangers back in their box yesterday.  They are always the greatest team known to man in pre-season before a ball is kicked, every year we are told the Rangers are coming, never happens though.

Thought Celtic cruised it yesterday without being spectacular, Lennon got tactics, game management, everything spot on.  We had half a team out injured as well.

Edouard is a majestic player and this will be the last year we have to enjoy him, wouldn't be surprised if he ends up exceeding Dembele and fancy him to have an awesome career himself.

Edited by henrik_62

22 hours ago, LinekersLugs said:

King can’t cope with pace of the premier league how on Earth will he manage to get a grip of this madness , it’s helter skelter , not a lot of quality but it’s frantic stuff , no time for a fella like King to get the space he needs 

I said pretty much this on the Andy King thread when he signed when folk were going on as if he'd come up here and look like Zidane.

The quality up here is far less than the EPL and overall the championship but due to the intensity and physical nature of our game a lot of EPL players, especially ones who are at the tail end of their careers come up here and really struggle.

• Like 1

one of the worst games of the season from the half an hour i saw, as always. no idea why anyone makes a huge fuss over it, let alone watches it once every couple of weeks. no quality, no skill, not even much fight yesterday. just boring. 

2 hours ago, henrik_62 said:

I said pretty much this on the Andy King thread when he signed when folk were going on as if he'd come up here and look like Zidane.

The quality up here is far less than the EPL and overall the championship but due to the intensity and physical nature of our game a lot of EPL players, especially ones who are at the tail end of their careers come up here and really struggle.

The comparison of leagues is boring. This country has the money though to get in better quality. Even our second tier teams spend over £5m on players. You have the odd bit of quality that probably massively stand out to you, the likes of Van Dijk and Robertson (I know he was at Dundee not Celtic) have come down here and looked great.

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

How on earth did Callum McGregor not see red in the game? 

A blatant dive in the 2nd half should have been his 2nd booking after the early challenge on the Rangers player in first half. 

He was lucky to stay on the pitch agreed.  That said so was Ryan Jack, the referee was unusually lenient for an old firm game.

21 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

If this is true, then I rate it. The 2 clubs may hate each other on the pitch, but there's no need to disrespect or abuse a player, especially about family. 

Respect to rangers if they ban that 'fan'

Read that a teenager had been arrested earlier.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

17 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

If this is true, then I rate it. The 2 clubs may hate each other on the pitch, but there's no need to disrespect or abuse a player, especially about family. 

Respect to rangers if they ban that 'fan'

Why should Rangers be respected for doing what any other club would and should do in that situation?

8 hours ago, Langston said:

Why should Rangers be respected for doing what any other club would and should do in that situation?

Because at a point in time where racism in football has been described as 'respect', a club has taken the hardest stance against a fan taking 'banter' way too far against their biggest rivals.

35 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Because at a point in time where racism in football has been described as 'respect', a club has taken the hardest stance against a fan taking 'banter' way too far against their biggest rivals.

Who in Britain has described racism as respect?! Rangers are doing what should be a given, rivals or not

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Leicester City need to scout Lawrence Shankland at Dundee Utd.

He scored loads last season, making Ayr United promotion contenders -  an utter one man team. 

Bought by Dundee United, he's got 15 so far this season. Yes, 15.

I know the Scottish Championship is a really low quality league (I speak from bitter experience - I go to games to watch my Scottish team try to stay in this league and it's usually pretty dire) but Vardy scored loads in the lower reaches and he didn't turn out bad, did he? 

Gerrimin. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Vacamion said:

He scored loads last season, making Ayr United promotion contenders -  an utter one man team. 

I know the Scottish Championship is a really low quality league (I speak from bitter experience - I go to games to watch my Scottish team try to stay in this league and it's usually pretty dire) but Vardy scored loads in the lower reaches and he didn't turn out bad, did he? 

Gerrimin. 

Scottish championship is like local lads having a kickabout whilst drinking pints. Lol

But hey gems can be found anywhere.  Any  youtube links?

On 06/10/2019 at 13:44, isaidno said:

Celtic losing 2-0 against Livingston on a carpet.

Giving it more credit than it's due by calling it a carpet lol!

Not that I'm detracting from our defeat, which was deserved no matter what type of pitch we were playing on.

I hate these pitches though, it's as if the Scottish Football authorities go out their way to try and think of ways to embaress the game up here.

On 28/09/2019 at 16:30, Vacamion said:

Gerrimin. 

Was surprised he didn't end up in England over the summer, a host of championship teams in England were after him but he weirdly signed for Dundee Utd.  Rumour goes since then he's the highest paid player in Scotland outside us and Rangers so maybe not so weird at all when you think of it that way.  Either way can't see him being there long, should be playing at a higher level.

18 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

It appeared as if, just like Rangers' fans there a few weeks ago, there were more Celtuuc fans than the home support at Livingston.

It's the case at a few grounds in the SPFL unfortunately.  There's two or three clubs who get pitiful crowds like Livingston, Hamilton, etc.  Hamilton in particular are a disgrace in terms of their crowds, ground, pitch, etc.  Would happily see them relegated never to return.  Whereas you have fairly well supported clubs like the two Dundee clubs and Inverness currently in the championship.