Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Scottish Football

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

For most of the last 8 years there has been a circular discussion, with the Beggars and the Orcs polluting social media:

"Your club died"

"Err, naw, it was the company that died, not the club"

...etc etc, ad nauseam.

How joyous then, that we will have a whole new circular discussion (add a number to the below every year):

"9 in a row"

"Err, naw, only 8 and three quarters.  Forever marked with an asterisk. "

Sigh.

I think they should have tried to play out the games, a la Bundesliga, but I can see why they've done what they've done.

All very messed up. :(

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Vacamion said:

For most of the last 8 years there has been a circular discussion, with the Beggars and the Orcs polluting social media:

"Your club died"

...etc etc, ad nauseam.

How joyous then, that we will have a whole new circular discussion (add a number to the below every year):

"9 in a row"

Sigh.

I think they should have tried to play out the games, a la Bundesliga, but I can see why they've done what they've done.

It's an interesting situation because as likely as it was that Celtic would win the title anyway, to be handed it will always tarnish their 'achievement' almost say they do get 10 in a row or more.

If I was a Celtic fan I'd be really disappointed the season wasn't finished, even if it was behind closed doors.

For me, it's almost better for Rangers fans bragging rights it ended this way.

Edited by Stuntman_Mike
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Vacamion said:

"Your club died"

...etc etc, ad nauseam.

"9 in a row"

Sigh.

I see most of the board members have allegiances to clubs that have done well out of the decision! haha

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Vacamion said:

"Your club died"

...etc etc, ad nauseam.

"9 in a row"

Sigh.

Its on par with Liverpool's inevitable title win, dont think it really matters to much to anyone outside the teams involved and their direct rivals.

Although Rangers are getting closer, Celtic could win the next 3 league titles and make it a moot point anyway.

On 18/05/2020 at 17:10, Vacamion said:

"Your club died"

...etc etc, ad nauseam.

"9 in a row"

Sigh.

Do you think a restructuring would be beneficial or is the pyramid fine as it is?

On 19/05/2020 at 17:42, Corky said:

Do you think a restructuring would be beneficial or is the pyramid fine as it is?

I follow Partick Thistle so I'd quite like a restructure ;)

I don't like clubs playing each other so often in a small league.

The premier clubs outside of Glasgow really like the money that comes with 4 full houses a year when Celtic & Rangers visit.

I really can't see them voting to expand ths league and potentially lose a match or two with a full house and the money that comes with it.

• 2 months later...
50 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

c3BCvxgp.jpg

What a beautiful man.

Shame Martin Boyle looks like he's almost definitely off mate, would fancy the boys to be the best of the rest with him still about.

Porteous staying fit for a whole season would be absolutely Susan Perb, only watched the Dundee Utd game which was a stinker in general but from the reviews of the openers it sounds like he's been huge.

Edited by Miquel The Work Geordie
typo

• 2 weeks later...
On 23/08/2020 at 18:21, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Hibs are my second club so watch when I can - the three games I've seen so far this season could cure insomnia. Can't moan at Jack Ross' return but **** me, he'd play a team of Joe Newells if he could

Boyle extension :cap:

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Boyle extension :cap:

Great stuff mate - hope it's not just a fee booster, can see him shooting off in Jan. The squad really should be pushing to be the best of the rest.

Football across the board in the league has been turgid in the opening weeks though so it's tricky to judge if this is the norm, points in the bag though baby!