Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Scottish Football

1 hour ago, lestajigs said:

Cannot understand Why any English person would want celtic to beat rangers! 

Because most English fans like a club not because of their religion but because of either their  dad or as in one of my mates case,  liked the colour of their shirt ....Blackburn.

• Like 2

Fully deserved win for Rangers from the second half I saw. Thought Morelos kept himself under control but then ruins it by diving. If you're going to get sent off though, do it in the 94th minute when you're winning 2-1. Celebrations looked a bit ott but I get that emotions are high and beating Celtic has been a long time coming.

Quite enjoyable actually, usually it's just foul after foul with players just trying to get players sent off. Some decent quality in this one. 

Celtic can't beat Rangers.

Meanwhile Leicester reserves have just been West Ham in the Premier League.

How ya feeling Sutton? Not that I really care or bite at his comments, Likewise neither do I care for the SPL but do like to see Celtic crying.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Normal service being resumed up here after the big giant killing result on December 29th.

Edouard has been on another level recently, there really is no debate among Celtic fans now, he’s by a distance the best we’ve had since Larsson.

Just going to enjoy and savour every little moment before he leaves as he’s just far too good for Scottish football now.

13 hours ago, henrik_62 said:

Here we go ten in a row!

Stevie G has hit the deck again.

Out of interest, what's your thoughts on Lennon's decision to change from 4-2-3-1 to 3-4-1-2 this season? I notice the players to suffer from this change are Forrest and the other wide forward type players you had in abundance under Rodgers. Forrest was a beast but his goals have started to dry up since playing as a wing back.

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Stevie G has hit the deck again.

Out of interest, what's your thoughts on Lennon's decision to change from 4-2-3-1 to 3-4-1-2 this season? I notice the players to suffer from this change are Forrest and the other wide forward type players you had in abundance under Rodgers. Forrest was a beast but his goals have started to dry up since playing as a wing back.

Very good observation mate, pretty much spot on.  I think it was a masterstroke from Lennon in changing systems like you say, we look far more threatening with two strikers on the pitch now and are scoring a glut of goals.  We toiled much of December and the wins we did get were by 1 and 2 goal margins in the main.  Something had to be changed up as teams were getting wise to how we played and Rangers in particular seemed to know how to counter that.

The trade-off like you say has been felt most in terms of Forrest as essentially he's not a wing back but more an orthodox winger.  The new system certainly inhibits his effectiveness but I'd say overall we look far more potent so it's a bit of a quandry.  The really interesting thing is going to be when Frimpong is fit again as he's become too good to leave out and is ideally suited to a wing back role so where does Forrest fit in?  What makes this all the more interesting is that Lennon has always had a soft spot for Forrest as it was him that bled him into the first team in his first spell as manager.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, henrik_62 said:

Very good observation mate, pretty much spot on.  I think it was a masterstroke from Lennon in changing systems like you say, we look far more threatening with two strikers on the pitch now and are scoring a glut of goals.  We toiled much of December and the wins we did get were by 1 and 2 goal margins in the main.  Something had to be changed up as teams were getting wise to how we played and Rangers in particular seemed to know how to counter that.

The trade-off like you say has been felt most in terms of Forrest as essentially he's not a wing back but more an orthodox winger.  The new system certainly inhibits his effectiveness but I'd say overall we look far more potent so it's a bit of a quandry.  The really interesting thing is going to be when Frimpong is fit again as he's become too good to leave out and is ideally suited to a wing back role so where does Forrest fit in?  What makes this all the more interesting is that Lennon has always had a soft spot for Forrest as it was him that bled him into the first team in his first spell as manager.

Could Forrest not be used as a striker instead of Griffiths? You could arguably have Forrest and Christie playing free roles either side or in behind Edouard could you not? Very similar to what Wolves do with Jota and Traore either side of Jiminez.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Could Forrest not be used as a striker instead of Griffiths? You could arguably have Forrest and Christie playing free roles either side or in behind Edouard could you not? Very similar to what Wolves do with Jota and Traore either side of Jiminez.

Yeah that’s a very good shout mate. I’d imagine it’s something we may need to do at some point before the season is out as I don’t see Klimala being ready to come in and make an impact until next season.