Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HighPeakFox

Stringer article on BBC

4 hours ago, foxile5 said:

That's a bare minimum of expectancy. He SHOULD interview him, the players and have them on the forum on occasion. 

They won't because they, the players who have dealt with him professionally, refuse to engage with him. 

I've never met him but that should tell you all you need to know about the man. If I were so objectionable that people refused to interact with me at work I'd get sacked. 

Dont understand your issue?

The coverage radio Leicester bring is pretty good and is being covered by a passionate Leicester fan. Not all commentators and pundits are well liked but nobody forces you to listen to him....

I've actually met the guy and he was nothing but friendly

5 hours ago, Mike Oxlong said:

That’s the job though. The news broadcaster tells me what’s going on and the weather reporter lets me know whether it’s likely to rain or shine but all without telling me that they created the universe and what they had in their sandwich whilst doing it. If Stringer did the weather it would be all about how the sun actually first shined out of his own arsehole

Football Forum programmes (which are now more about Ian than fan input), manager interviews etc pre date Stringer’s  involvement 

There was a time when the players would do interviews too

Dont listen to him then 

6 hours ago, chris_lcfc_85 said:

Dont know why so many of you get your pants in a twist about stringer. If you dont like him then dont listen.....

To be fair, whilst he's never going to win any awards, he's certainly not as bad as some of you make out.

He's a very passionate Leicester fan like most of us and tries his best to bring us commentary on every single game, what's with some of the strong comments? Not to mention we get an interview with the manager after every game which i personally enjoy when driving back from the game 

9 minutes ago, chris_lcfc_85 said:

Dont listen to him then 

6 hours ago, Mike Oxlong said:

Sorry, but that’s just such a shit point. It’s not unreasonable for some of us to want our local football coverage to be more listenable and less self indulgent - particularly when the output from national stations is so heavily skewed towards the so called bigger clubs. 

6 minutes ago, chris_lcfc_85 said:

Maybe you just want something to moan about. 

The coverage is pretty good compared to others ive heard but cant pls everyone 

Or maybe like others have said  it’s just not that good 

I don’t like it, you think it’s ok but frankly your obsession with driving your point is a bit weird 

I’m beginning to think you’re a bit like Alan Partridge’s superfan 

Not sure what he's taking.

.....contemplate my options. Stay in Leicester for an improbable party - Spurs would surely beat mid-table Chelsea - or go for the small chance the stars line up and Leicester City are crowned Premier League champions?

Spurs hadn't won a Stamford Bridge in 26 years and weren't likely to that night either.

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, chris_lcfc_85 said:

Maybe you just want something to moan about. 

The coverage is pretty good compared to others ive heard but cant pls everyone 

Do you make his sandwiches by any chance? Ive met him and he is a total ****. So full of himself but like you say cant please everyone

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, z-layrex said:

Man, you guys are ****ing mean sometimes.

It seems that the couple of posts where someone has actually met him, suggests that he was an ok bloke…. One person actually worked with him!

Doesnt stop us all having an opinion based on some over exuberant commentary and some questionable writing!

1 hour ago, Mike Oxlong said:

Or maybe like others have said  it’s just not that good 

I don’t like it, you think it’s ok but frankly your obsession with driving your point is a bit weird 

I’m beginning to think you’re a bit like Alan Partridge’s superfan 

Quite frankly, not sure of your dislike for stringer when you dont even know the man

My instinct is that he's a vain, narcissistic young man. And clealry very driven. But I'm still a little uncomfortable at the character assassination he gets. It takes some balls and rhino skin to be in the public eye, I'll give him that. 

What I don't get is there must be the absolute cream of university broadcast journalism graduates busting a gut to get in any BBC station, yet inexplicably he manages to blag a job. In the olden days that was possible. Even encouraged. But nowadays?! In an organisation with as many HR recruitment guidelines that the BBC must have? Bizarre.

• Like 1

To be fair to Stringer, he's not the worst local radio commentator (Do yourself a disservice and listen to Radio Nottingham or Derby sometime to see how bad it can be). But he is prone to pure Partridgism at times (see Football Commentary thread).

He also lacks humour, perspective, humility and generosity of spirit and seems to have no discernible hinterland (beyond his too-often referenced offspring). Overweening ambition not matched by any particular talent. Certainly as a journalist.

God, he fancies himself!

Quite like Matt Piper though.

2 hours ago, chris_lcfc_85 said:

Dont understand your issue?

The coverage radio Leicester bring is pretty good and is being covered by a passionate Leicester fan. Not all commentators and pundits are well liked but nobody forces you to listen to him....

I've actually met the guy and he was nothing but friendly

The issue is that we are not getting the content we are within our rights to expect because, and only because, he's been a **** to the club. 

Owen PA downfall is trying so hard to be like Stringer. There are far worse out there but he does go off topic way too often. I feel like I could walk round in a blindfold in the woodies and know where everything is the way he goes on about it every week. But I don’t mind his commentary at all. Piper is also a decent pundit. Better than some on tv but his accent may hold him back a lickle 😂

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

On a bit of a side note, does anyone remember Tony Francis off ITV? 

He used to slaughter us. Every opportunity slagged us off. Forest this and Villa that ....them two came in for particularly

fawning admiration. 

Yet the guy was a City fan through and through! 

He used to slag us off because we were crap at the time! At least he was impartial hahaha.