Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HighPeakFox

Stringer article on BBC

Even now, people in Leicester still say "when did you know?" The question is a simple one. In a season that provided one of the most incredible sporting stories ever, when did you know it was done?

I have spoken much and listened much about our title winning season, but I've never heard or said the words, "when did you know?" in regards to it.

The article title should be...

Greatest Moments of the Decade: Ian Stringer Has a Kid and Watches Football for his Job.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, steveherbe said:

You bunch of miserable bastards. I enjoyed the read and the sentiments, get over the collective FT hatred of Mr Stringer, you wunch of bankers.

When he starts commentating about Leicester City and not what he's doing whilst he's supposed to be talking about Leicester City, then maybe we will.

• Like 3

I thought it was a good article. 
Enjoy reading other peoples thoughts, feelings and experiences of the title win.

I met him on one of the Champions League trips, him Matt Elliott and Gerry Taggart. Seemed a sound chap, don’t get the hatred for him.

Edited by TamworthFoxes
Typo
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Corky said:

That's it, it reads like a parody of something. I presume he's been told to overplay it but it all seems forced and rather fake in places.

Throw in fabrications of scenarios. 

I’m not a father but I’ve never ever heard of fathers taking their two month old babies out for a walk at 7am on a Monday morning. Even less so without a push chair 

3 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Throw in fabrications of scenarios. 

I’m not a father but I’ve never ever heard of fathers taking their two month old babies out for a walk at 7am on a Monday morning. Even less so without a push chair 

Okay. I am a father, and it is completely believable, especially if you aren't on a 9-5 job. Those slings can be sleep factories, and a baby carriage (2 months) is often more hassle than it's worth.

• Like 2