Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Amin

Your top 10 favourite games of the decade

I'm such a casual gamer, more than I realised.

RDR

RDR II

FM2018

GTA V

Call of Duty: Black Ops

FIFA 12 (maybe 14)

Aside from other games from those franchises I can barely remember playing any others which is a bit dull

Amazing how many games were released that decade that I thought were older:

1. Mass Effect 2 - My favourite one of the series and just a painful reminder of how far Bioware have fallen.
  2. Fallout: New Vegas
  3. Darksouls - As with Charl i'm going to cheat and have all 3.
  4. Portal 2 - Still fun even now with the Workshop maps
  5. GTA 5 - That bank heist in the armour suit stands out as one my favourite moments in games
  6. Rocket League - Still playing now!
  7. Witcher 3 - Must have completed that game 4 times as loved replaying it.
  8. Firewatch
  9. Destiny - Early raid experiences (VoG) were just such good fun
  10. Breath of the Wild - Replaying this as we speak.

An all time favourite for me thus far would be Red Dead Redemption 2 by a mile off, loved every minute of it.

Other favourites but in no particular order:

Fallout 4

God of War

GTA V 

& Black Ops as it was the first game I was introduced to on the PS3, I spent endless hours on it at the time

On 04/01/2020 at 20:59, don_danbury said:

thought shadow of the tomb raider was boring af. story was terrible. 2013 one was brilliant tho

You say that but when you reach the Hidden City the it lets you stroke llamas.  Game of the millennium.

10 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

You say that but when you reach the Hidden City the it lets you stroke llamas.  Game of the millennium.

i seriously can't remember most of it. i only remember the characters were all bland and she was after some stupid box. seemed a shame because the game looked amazing and it played nicely too. seeing how many reviewers given it 9/10 amazes me lol 

On 07/01/2020 at 10:11, RoboFox said:

Fallout 4

Skyrim

Assassin's Creed: Black Flag

The Witcher 3

Spec Ops: The Line

GTA5

Minecraft

FTL: Faster Than Light

Portal 2

Dishonored 2

I loved FTL. I didn't push boundaries in audio or visual grounds, but for pure, one-more-try, excellent!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

I loved FTL. I didn't push boundaries in audio or visual grounds, but for pure, one-more-try, excellent!

Yeah man. I still play it now on occasion. It's a perfect port to the iPad too. Unbelievable replayability, and SO difficult at times.

Just shows that indie devs can rival any AAA release if the gameplay is bang on. I've heard incredible things about Lucas Pope's games "Papers, Please" and "Return of the Obra Dinn". Hope to try them soon.

1. The Last of Us (Favourite game of all time)

Rest in no particular order

2. GTA 5

3. Red Dead Redemption 2

4. Football Manager Series (too hard to pick a particular version)

5. Skyrim

6. Breath of the Wild

7. Titanfall 2 (People who have played the campaign know which mission I am talking about)

8. Witcher 3

9. Rimworld
10. Uncharted 4

Edited by moore_94

In no particular order:

Breath of the Wild

The Last of Us

GTA V

Destiny 2

Day Z (I get this hasn't gone down well with most, but had some incredibly funny stories with friends on this game)

ARMA 3

The Walking Dead (Telltale)

MGS 5: Phantom Pain

Portal 2

PUBG

See people have mentioned spec ops the line and the last guardian, two absolute belters. Spec ops was a complete shock to me as I thought I was going to be playing a cod clone and though the gameplay was relatively run of the mill the story absolutely blew my mind it was staggering how good it was. The last guardian was also exceptionally well told and very emotional, I hope on the ps5 they re-release it (long shot) because all that let it down was some dodgy textures, a temperamental camera and a very unpredictable frame rate, all things easily solved with a bit more polish and a bit more umph under the hood. Even with the stated flaws it was a joy to play, triiiico duha.

God I hated MGS5. Awful game.

This is a really tough one for me. Ill try and select a few. Some of these may even be older, cant be arsed to check lol 

Skyrim

RDR2

Uncharted 4

God of War

Ni No Kuni 2

Assassins Creed Odyssey

Mario Odyssey

Last of Us

The Witcher

Fortnite (When it first came out, before it went crazy stupid)

Out of all them ones above Uncharted 4 really struck a chord with me. The visuals were incredible 

Lords of Midnight

Elite

Centipede

Gauntlet

Robotron

Wasteland

Ultima IV

Tir Na Nog

Gridiron manager

Championship manager (before football manager)

This is the 80's isn't it?

1. Uncharted 4

2. The Last Of Us

3. Days Gone

4. GTA V

5. Spiderman

6. Rise Of The Tomb Raider

7. Gears Of War 4

8. Until Dawn

9. COD: WW2

10. Beyond Two Souls

Probably in that order aswell to be fair. For me, Uncharted 4 is the greatest game i've ever played. Masterpiece from start to finish with the perfect ending.

On 17/01/2020 at 11:46, simpmeister said:

1. Uncharted 4

2. The Last Of Us

3. Days Gone

4. GTA V

5. Spiderman

6. Rise Of The Tomb Raider

7. Gears Of War 4

8. Until Dawn

9. COD: WW2

10. Beyond Two Souls

Probably in that order aswell to be fair. For me, Uncharted 4 is the greatest game i've ever played. Masterpiece from start to finish with the perfect ending.

How did I forget Spiderman. Loved that game. 

I'm glad i've found another person who appreciates Uncharted 4 as much as me. Loved every minute of it and the ending was perfect.

9 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

How did I forget Spiderman. Loved that game. 

I'm glad i've found another person who appreciates Uncharted 4 as much as me. Loved every minute of it and the ending was perfect.

It actually took me a little while to get in to Spiderman, but once I did I couldn't stop playing it. Great game mechanics and great story.

I love the whole Uncharted series to be fair, even Lost Legacy was decent, but everything about UC 4 was unreal. It really was like playing along to a blockbuster movie. 

Still havent got round to playing RDR2 yet. The time I need to dedicate to it keeps on putting me off!

14 hours ago, simpmeister said:

It actually took me a little while to get in to Spiderman, but once I did I couldn't stop playing it. Great game mechanics and great story.

I love the whole Uncharted series to be fair, even Lost Legacy was decent, but everything about UC 4 was unreal. It really was like playing along to a blockbuster movie. 

Still havent got round to playing RDR2 yet. The time I need to dedicate to it keeps on putting me off!

RDR2 does take a good couple of hours before it kicks into gear. I didn't like RDR. Got bored fairly quick but when RDR2 came out I decided to give it a go. The first few hours just reminded me of how boring RDR was and I was on the verge of giving up. Everyone kept saying to keep playing and thank god I did. Once you get to Valentine and really get into the game it becomes a game that you simply cant put down. It really is a brilliantly made game. 

Spiderman I fell in love instantly. I love the Batman games and just found the Spiderman mechanics worked really well also. Very enjoyable game.

Im the same with Uncharted, loved all the games and cant wait for the movie to come out. Hopefully they do it justice.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 17/01/2020 at 11:30, FIF said:

Lords of Midnight

Elite

Centipede

Gauntlet

Robotron

Wasteland

Ultima IV

Tir Na Nog

Gridiron manager

Championship manager (before football manager)

This is the 80's isn't it?

Loved that game and Doomdark's Revenge too. Shame they never made the third part, but the tech at the time wasn't up to Mike Singleton's vision. Dark Sceptre and Midwinter were equally genius.

• 4 weeks later...

In no particular order:

Football Manager 2010

Football Manager 2011

Football Manager 2012

Football Manager 2013

Football Manager 2014

Football Manager 2015

Football Manager 2016

Football Manager 2017

Football Manager 2018

Football Manager 2019