Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Hollyfox

Our fans performance

15 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

Sadly it's true

I know people who weren't that bothered about last nights result and would rather win on Satdee.

1st cup semi in 20 years FFS

We had to bribe our home fans with free stuff to stay for a 15 minute lap of honour at the end of last season.

Large sections of the crowd just come for a day out and a catch up with their mates 

5 minutes ago, MattFox said:

We had to bribe our home fans with free stuff to stay for a 15 minute lap of honour at the end of last season.

Large sections of the crowd just come for a day out and a catch up with their mates 

I do sometimes wonder what effect the freebies have on our fans. In giving them out, the club are basically telling us that we've already done our job just by turning up and that we should be rewarded for that. I wonder if that has a knock-on effect in whether people feel they actually actively need to support their team as a result?

3 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Simply no - not what I’m getting at. 

Theres FC United and a few others plus lots of great examples in Europe. It will become a bigger thing in the UK, first time this season I can see fans beginning to agree on certain issues 

I kind of mean its a team set up from scratch, yes its using social media as a platform and its ran by an utter arse wipe.

but if you wanted to start your own club, its a great way to start isn't it?

18 minutes ago, MattFox said:

Well that's wrong. I stayed but not for the freebies. For some reason someone in the club thought it had to be done due to majority leaving the previous season, but who could blame them? The football under Puel was a disaster and we'd all had enough. It was better under Rodgers and we had a good end to the season, so like every other year fans would have stayed. Also, the time the fans left it wasn't even the last home game of the season when it usually is.

Any Sunday League team can attempt to climb the footballing pyramid if they want to (theoretically). People just underestimate how ****ing difficult it is to actually do it. The commitment from everyone involved has to be 100% at all times. 

I play/manage my Sunday league team and the thought of us just going to saturdays for a start gives me ****ing nightmares. 

3 minutes ago, cambridgefox said:

Was in the toilet just before kick off and some lad was absolutely off his nut on something.

saying he must get back up for 2nd half and about someone ( can’t remember who) playing well.

WE HADNT KICKED OFF 

lollol

4 minutes ago, Munshi said:

Our fans are ****ing shit. End of. 

And theres some serious mongos. One lad in the beer queue in front of me queued for 20 minutes to get a pint, got it, turned round to the rest of his mates and proceeded to eat the plastic glass...still full of beer, didn't actually drink any! Saw him on the terrace and he was just stood there playing on his phone. Melt! I won't bother going again if it's just going to turn into retard city.

• Like 1

On 27/01/2020 at 14:46, Munshi said:

Union FS has an entire page on their site full of every chant we sing 

Do they? Out of interest, I had a look and I knew most of those songs shown yet I haven't been to the KP in years. There must be newer stuff shirely.

1 hour ago, MattFox said:

Winning the league has really ruined our fanbase

Do people actually believe this (wrt atmosphere) or is it just a comfort blanket so we don't have to face that our fans have never (in my lifetime) been particularly good? I mean we took 8000 to Forest and didn't make a sound ffs. The title season was an exception to the rule for how good the fans were tbh

In fac most clubs are crap, much of it is illusory. The ones that are consistently good are those from a place that has an atmosphere and some sense of identity whilst the football club fits into that sense of identity and represents it. Or in a couple of cases they have managed to get A group to manufacture an identity. Leicester as a place has no atmosphere and no real identity so there's little passion behind the football club. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The woman with the walking stick at West Ham was back today lol two lads were standing BEHIND her and she jabbed them with her walking stick and told them to sit down because the people BEHIND the lads (who were standing) couldn’t see. 

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

Sadly it's true

I know people who weren't that bothered about last nights result and would rather win on Satdee.

1st cup semi in 20 years FFS

One of my mates said it as well. I couldn't believe it.

If you don't care or aren't disappointed that we've missed out on a major final at Wembley then you've completely lost touch with every generation before you that has followed this football club.

12 minutes ago, Zaid said:

The woman with the walking stick at West Ham was back today lol two lads were standing BEHIND her and she jabbed them with her walking stick and told them to sit down because the people BEHIND the lads (who were standing) couldn’t see. 

Head of the DSA hitting people with her walking stick again then. Good times. 

Dunno about others but I want us to win every damned game we play, and I get ratty if we don't. It doesn't matter what the status of the game is, the only thing that effects the severity of the rattiness is how close/contested the game has been. Last night was a hectic affair and I was admittedly charged before, during and after. That result was the proverbial gut punch - we were worth the equaliser and they nick a result in extra-time. You've got to be inhuman I reckon for that not too piss you off! Conversely, winning games like that (which we have) tastes sweet. It just goes with the territory.

Sure, I get it into perspective afterwards and look at the positives etc but there's no denying I get wound up at the time.

22 minutes ago, Kopfkino said:

Do people actually believe this (wrt atmosphere) or is it just a comfort blanket so we don't have to face that our fans have never (in my lifetime) been particularly good? I mean we took 8000 to Forest and didn't make a sound ffs. The title season was an exception to the rule for how good the fans were tbh

In fac most clubs are crap, much of it is illusory. The ones that are consistently good are those from a place that has an atmosphere and some sense of identity whilst the football club fits into that sense of identity and represents it. Or in a couple of cases they have managed to get A group to manufacture an identity. Leicester as a place has no atmosphere and no real identity so there's little passion behind the football club. 

Don’t disagree with a lot of this but at the end of the day if you can’t get up for a cup semi final that’s also a rivalry  you might as well not bother.

Coventry is the most dismal, dull , soul destroying , passionless  place that I can think off but I’m fairly sure if they get through they’ll turn up with their 6 fingered mob and make a racket at the KP

15 minutes ago, MattP said:

One of my mates said it as well. I couldn't believe it.

If you don't care or aren't disappointed that we've missed out on a major final at Wembley then you've completely lost touch with every generation before you that has followed this football club.

I know if we end up losing a place and finishing 5th (or 6th) on the last day of the season somehow, the feeling I have will be nothing compared to the ****ing gut punch I felt when their winner went in last night. Boggles the mind that people are brushing it off like that. It was fvcking horrible. Miles worse than being hit with a bottle of piss at Millwall the other year, or trudging back to Newport station.