Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Hollyfox

Our fans performance

We were lower standing and the singing was all match.  Some good songs but the problem is the ones we're trying now have too many words and not everyone knows the tune. The new Soyuncu song today was sang to the same tune as "my garden shed" so people went along with it 

I'm usually a bit of a negative **** on this thread, but slightly surprised at some comments about today. I thought it was great overall, though nerves got the better of most of us second half.

So gutted we'll never be on that terrace again. I know Brentford basically had no choice but it's still sad.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Voll Blau said:

I'm usually a bit of a negative **** on this thread, but slightly surprised at some comments about today. I thought it was great overall, though nerves got the better of most of us second half.

So gutted we'll never be on that terrace again. I know Brentford basically had no choice but it's still sad.

Actually thought the atmosphere reflected the performance and vice versa.

It was excellent at the off. Loud, continuous, one song lead to another. Really kept going by the ufs lot down the front. 

And it was the same on the pitch lively, front foot, football. 

Brentford understandably grew into the game. And it started to fade a little on the terraces as well. I'm convinced half time also does us no favours in terms of atmosphere, we seem to struggle to carry that momentum once everyone has had that bit of a break.

But overall. I enjoyed today. Certainly shows that, terracing and old school, traditional grounds really do still have a place in modern day football.

On the flip side. I expected more from the Brentford fans, big club, at home, decent chance to progress, yet it didn't have that feel.to it from there side.

I do hope that the move to the new ground does benefit them tho, must be hard to keep and attract fans in London with so many clubs that have PL football. I hope the fact it's a relatively short move has better effect than West Hams move has had.

Edited by Bayfox
  • Like 2

Thought it was really good first 35 minutes sounded like everyone was going for it across the entire bottom tier, probably the loudest we’ve been all season. 

Went a little flat after that though as did the game tbh, reckon it would’ve picked up in the second half had we produced anything of sort in front of goal (not an excuse) but didn’t happen. Still overall a solid away day.

Oh and unreserved Terraces are 1000000% better than anything else. Shame that this is the last time we’ll get to go here.

Edited by Munshi
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

Bit harsh, behind the goal was really good for the first 45, tailed off in the second

Agree with this. Genuinely surprised to see some of those comments as I thought it was really decent in parts - does the noise just not travel well or something in that ground? I say that because I heard their fans I think twice all game.

It started well but got flatter.

• Like 1

Really enjoyed yesterday, one of my all time favourite away days I think. Not sure if it's the standing element or the people but the first half hour or so was class. Died a bit due to how the game was going/nerves but that was the first game in a long time we seemed to be going for 90 mins.

19 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

Anyone know why the feck there was a great big Pokémon in out end? And more to the point why the bloke with it was repeatedly bashing his mate (I hope it was his mate) over the head with it.

Jobber lost his drum and this was the best last minute replacement?

Highlight of the game watching that on TV with my 10 year old who nearly pissed himself laughing lol

25 minutes ago, Stadt said:

As much as it makes our ends look far from boisterous, the elderly fans aren't the biggest detractors of atmosphere. There's plenty of people that stand from 15-50 years old in our ends that don't sing and that's the biggest problem. I'm not sure what the cause is but look at a Leeds' and Man Utd's ends, regardless of age pretty much every is on the same page and sings - they're shit (for their standards at the minute) but their support is still miles ahead of ours in one of our best ever seasons.

So many of our fans are just so passive

It’s cos we’re not singing songs that everyone knows and the club doesn’t even have an anthem. Plenty of oldies in this video. I say get the tannoys going with a couple of decent well known songs and people might just start joining in, the songs they do play, ie thunderstruck and the boys are back in town, are hardly songs that any one is going to sing along to. Like it or not but a bit of Neil diamond might go down well

26 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

It’s cos we’re not singing songs that everyone knows and the club doesn’t even have an anthem. Plenty of oldies in this video. I say get the tannoys going with a couple of decent well known songs and people might just start joining in, the songs they do play, ie thunderstruck and the boys are back in town, are hardly songs that any one is going to sing along to. Like it or not but a bit of Neil diamond might go down well

A lot of our support don't even join in with 'Leicester, Leicester, Leicester' and I'm quite sure we can't go any simpler than that.

• Like 4

20 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

Anyone know why the feck there was a great big Pokémon in out end? And more to the point why the bloke with it was repeatedly bashing his mate (I hope it was his mate) over the head with it.

Jobber lost his drum and this was the best last minute replacement?

When I was walking to the ground I saw someone take it out and leave it for, I presume, the bin men to collect.

Honestly I laughed as I walked past it.

Watched the highlights today and laughed again when I saw someone bashing someone else with it lol 

Edited by Fox92

5 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

Every time TV shows our support, it looks like a dementia day out on the variety sunshine bus.

Edited to add where did all the old biddies come from? When I went to literally every away match in the 90s,they didn't follow us in them days (even allowing for the fact they'd be 40/60 odd then). So this claim of.lifelong support that gets trotted out is a load of old guff

Totally agree.

Surprised we don’t get more stick from other teams fans for our OAP following that seem to dominate the front row of every ground we play in. 

35 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Im not on about simplier, i'm on about songs that everyone knows, young and old.

The excuse of song variety is always a baffling one for me. There's a solid variety of songs from the 80s to modern ones sang at most games and regardless of the age of the song they majorly land of deaf ears. 

As for not having an anthem, as a fan base, we've proven on many occasions we all know the words to WYS which is undoubtedly our club anthem. Add to that, we're also more than capable of singing it at the right tempo when fans care enough

• Like 1

1 hour ago, K1FOX said:

But what excuse is there to not join in with Leicester, Leicester, Leicester.. ?

Interestingly, I was in the West Stand for the Villa first leg, and I had some casual fans behind me (I wasn't ever sure who they were supporting, if at all) but their main contribution, apart from their internal group 'witty' banter, was to take the piss out of this chant. 

I know it's not high culture, but it got right up my nose. Either join in or keep quiet. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jackubu said:

The excuse of song variety is always a baffling one for me. There's a solid variety of songs from the 80s to modern ones sang at most games and regardless of the age of the song they majorly land of deaf ears. 

As for not having an anthem, as a fan base, we've proven on many occasions we all know the words to WYS which is undoubtedly our club anthem. Add to that, we're also more than capable of singing it at the right tempo when fans care enough

Try some 60s and 70's songs if you want to get the "oldies" joining in. Stuff like High Ho Silver Lining.