Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Hollyfox

Our fans performance

3 hours ago, K1FOX said:

All was probably the wrong word but there was a lot of corporate and club people in that end which meant nothing really caught on. It was evident it would be like that from the first 5 mins when there was about 50 of us singing

Not a lot you can do about that though, that’s football. People are always going to get freebies and players relations and friends are going to want to watch them play. There’s no boxes to shove them in at the majority of away grounds so they get shoved in with the actual supporters. 

What does annoy me is the amount of people more interested in goading opposition supporters than watching the game. I know it’s always happened but that’s not supporting your team. A lot of people around me last night barely watched the game and spent most of the 90+ minutes with their heads fixed to the left of them yelling at the Villa fans until they all started barging their way out after Villa scored the winner. Singing doesn’t mean you’re a better supporter but actually watching the damn game does.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Stadt said:

What's frustrating is that we're not always bad. We turn out a really good end every now and again which is enough to stop you from giving up completely, it's hard to say when those games are too. Our best away ends are almost always easy to get to on the train, Saturdays, enough time to get drunk and somewhere with decent pubs.

This is very true.    Every time I think about giving up away games, a decent one comes up to remind you it can still be good.

It's always been like that.   Even in our title year.   For example, after the Man City away match - you would have expected everyone at the Arsenal away match to be bouncing off the walls.   It was absolutely shite.   I can't tell you how bad it was, considering we had just extended our lead at the top.    Yet the next 3 away games - at Watford, Palace and Sunderland were brilliant.

Fast forward 4 years ... this season it's been ok in the league at Palace and Villa, Sheff Utd was good, whilst Liverpool was poor.   You just never know what the mood will be.   Although early games in the season, are usually fairly good.   I suppose we're keen after a 3 month summer break.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Katy said:

Not a lot you can do about that though, that’s football. People are always going to get freebies and players relations and friends are going to want to watch them play. There’s no boxes to shove them in at the majority of away grounds so they get shoved in with the actual supporters. 

What does annoy me is the amount of people more interested in goading opposition supporters than watching the game. I know it’s always happened but that’s not supporting your team. A lot of people around me last night barely watched the game and spent most of the 90+ minutes with their heads fixed to the left of them yelling at the Villa fans until they all started barging their way out after Villa scored the winner. Singing doesn’t mean you’re a better supporter but actually watching the damn game does.

Never understand people who spend money on tickets and travel just to have a scrap before the game and not even bother with the actual match itself. Each to there own

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, shailen_patel4 said:

Never understand people who spend money on tickets and travel just to have a scrap before the game and not even bother with the actual match itself. Each to there own

Never understood why these idiots did it in the 80s either.

Maybe it's a "masculine" thing, they have to show they're "real men" or "hard men" or something.

Bunch of twaats, all of them, IMHO.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Katy said:

90 minutes of an away end staring in silence at the pitch would sound class.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Katy said:

Ah now this is a funny one. People are quick to point out "I've paid my money I can do what I want I don't have to stand or sing or stay until the end" yadda yadda yadda. Now yeah that is true and although I wouldn't agree with it if people are really that staunch about sitting there in silence and they enjoy it then whatever. 

But then you have to apply the same concept to everyone, including the people that want to go and just bait the opposition supporters. They've paid their money too, so they can do what they want, right? :)

• Sad 1

16 hours ago, iniesta said:

I am from Leicester fella, I love it for all its faults. However, there is no getting away from the fact that its a dump. 

It's no worse than most other cities of a similar size. 

It's also a sweeping general statement which isn't appropriate due to there being nice parts and bad parts.

A dump, it is not. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Ah now this is a funny one. People are quick to point out "I've paid my money I can do what I want I don't have to stand or sing or stay until the end" yadda yadda yadda. Now yeah that is true and although I wouldn't agree with it if people are really that staunch about sitting there in silence and they enjoy it then whatever. 

But then you have to apply the same concept to everyone, including the people that want to go and just bait the opposition supporters. They've paid their money too, so they can do what they want, right? :)

Yes of course 😂 but like why? What’s the point? You’re not there for the football so why not save some money and get into fights in town on a Saturday, most of them are all mouth and trousers I guess and just enjoy being knobs. Obviously people can do what the hell they want but if you’re craning your neck to look at the opposition fans and block my view of the game then you can get lost and I do argue with people about it and no I won’t ‘get back in the kitchen’ 🙄 I’m not talking about you, I’m talking about the divs on Twitter. 

I’m trying to work out which member of UFS you are, lots of you walk past my seat on the way up to the back. I am actually a member of UFS I just like where my seat is. 

7 minutes ago, Katy said:

That’s not what I said 🙄

It was sarcasm. You state that it annoys you when people goad opposition fans? What annoys me is when people don't get involved in a single chant all game. If you were lower tier too the left at Villa, then i'm sorry but everyone down there was shit. First chance too reach a cup final in years and only a few of us were getting behind the team. Most were just moaning everytime we lost possession. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Ollie93 said:

It was sarcasm. You state that it annoys you when people goad opposition fans? What annoys me is when people don't get involved in a single chant all game. If you were lower tier too the left at Villa, then i'm sorry but everyone down there was shit. First chance too reach a cup final in years and only a few of us were getting behind the team. Most were just moaning everytime we lost possession. 

Well I’m sorry I didn’t meet your exacting standards. What did you want me to do? I finished everyone’s half arsed chants for them, I tried to start some. You’re moaning at the wrong person here, I was getting annoyed at the apathy. I like to sing but I also like to watch the game, the two aren’t mutually exclusive you can do both but if people can’t be arsed to sing or don’t want to - you can’t make them. 

10 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Maybe it's a "masculine" thing, they have to show they're "real men" or "hard men" or something.

I was going to mention it earlier, when not singing sweary songs was mentioned, but I've always found the boot boy/baby squad songs just a little discomforting, pathetic, nonsense... yet, sometimes, highly amusing (though unintentionally)

For example; 'hark all hear, the Leicester sing, the Chelsea run away' I just visualise that and can't help but laugh. Can you imagine it? A bunch of skinhead thug-like Chelsea fans saying to each other 'oh no, they're singing at us, get outta here, run away!' Like something out of 'West Side Story'. Blimey, children on swings in park playgrounds sing. lol

Edited by mabrah

11 minutes ago, Katy said:

Well I’m sorry I didn’t meet your exacting standards. What did you want me to do? I finished everyone’s half arsed chants for them, I tried to start some. You’re moaning at the wrong person here, I was getting annoyed at the apathy. I like to sing but I also like to watch the game, the two aren’t mutually exclusive you can do both but if people can’t be arsed to sing or don’t want to - you can’t make them. 

I'm not moaning at you, just about the lack of atmosphere that I see week in, week out. That hits the nail on the head though, 'can't be arsed too sing'. BUT they can be arsed to travel too the games? I just don't get it tbh. Also, if you use the argument about people doing what they like, then people who want too goad fans and 'crane' their necks, can too.

9 minutes ago, Ollie93 said:

I'm not moaning at you, just about the lack of atmosphere that I see week in, week out. That hits the nail on the head though, 'can't be arsed too sing'. BUT they can be arsed to travel too the games? I just don't get it tbh. Also, if you use the argument about people doing what they like, then people who want too goad fans and 'crane' their necks, can too.

You said lower tier left, I was lower tier left and you’re replying to me. This could go on forever. I personally find not being able to see the game I paid good money for more annoying than not being the best singing away fans in the league, even though I find it annoying.

I’m bailing out of this argument now, as it’s going round in circles. 

3 minutes ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

I just don't think our fans are there as a 'collective' like you get in most consistently good away ends.

At the end of the day we're suffering because of the title win but it was a price worth paying for in the short term until we come good again. 

You do realise our away ends weren’t partially amazing before the title win? They were better than they are now but people making excuses just to feel better about the situation is wrong. I remember people blaming the atmposhere solely on Claude puel and was told how much better it would be when he left; well? It’s managed to get worse. Stop with the all the excuses!!

Just now, Meat and 2 veg said:

You do realise our away ends weren’t partially amazing before the title win? They were better than they are now but people making excuses just to feel better about the situation is wrong. I remember people blaming the atmposhere solely on Claude puel and was told how much better it would be when he left; well? It’s managed to get worse. Stop with the all the excuses!!

They've always been hit and miss, like most sets of fans really.

It's not an excuse it's a reason why. I hope it improves quickly because it is making it less fun attending games. 

Our away ends have always been hit and miss, and the "we were better a decade ago" thing is well overstated.

But it is absolutely baffling that since we got good we haven't turned out better ends for the likes of Man United away 2016, Cup semi-finals and European aways (Bruges apart). If people can't even get themselves up for some of the biggest games in our history then what hope is there?

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Our away ends have always been hit and miss, and the "we were better a decade ago" thing is well overstated.

But it is absolutely baffling that since we got good we haven't turned out better ends for the likes of Man United away 2016, Cup semi-finals and European aways (Bruges apart). If people can't even get themselves up for some of the biggest games in our history then what hope is there?

Brugge was lively as **** to be fair.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Thing is I don’t mind it when two sets of lads who want it clash but have interest in the sport itself. It’s the ones that say they’re “Leicester” and go for a fight and know nothing about the game that’s the problem

Maybe the club ought make it a requirement to sing before selling you a season ticket. You know, just a quick chorus of auld lang syne or something, that ought to do it.

And maybe perhaps make you do a few rounds will Tyson Fury as well. I mean, we don't want you besmirching the club's good name by being beaten up by a namby-pamby Spurs fan now do we ;) 

Family friendly football replete with painted faces and foam hands are where it's at now (at least image wise) In general I think that's a good thing. As nostalgic as it might sound for some, I personally don't want to feel I'm entering a warzone - at The (New) Den or elsewhere - just to watch a football game. I don't want to have the fear of having the shit kicked out of me just because I happen to support the other team. Though, in fairness, in all my years of going to both to Filbert Street and elsewhere, what threat of violence there was was both small and easily avoided (of course, you could simply get unlucky and caught up in something) In general terms, those that wanted it knew where to go and how find each other - I'd personally prefer it didn't happen at all but it was at least, I suppose, consensual!

Of course, that doesn't necessarily equate to atmosphere or lack of singing. There's no mutual exclusivity at play here. The point really is that the game has changed and there is a broader range of fans coming in now. As loathsome to some that the "prawn sandwich brigade" are, they are perfectly entitled to pay their money and come through the turnstile just like everyone else is. If there is a knock-on effect to the ground's atmosphere then so be it. I think the club is doing its level best to generate atmosphere but if people don't want to sing or 'make some noise' then, honestly, what can you do? Evict them? I think the motivation comes primarily from the pitch. People get behind the team when the team is seen to be digging in.... or maybe I've got it all wrong and they don't any more. 

18 hours ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

as far as atmosphere go, it wont get better until we're shit again realistically. wades out these middle class hot chocolate drinkers there for a sit down 

I drink hot chocolate and have to sit down I can count the amount of away games I've missed over 10 years on both hands mainly down to illness does this make me a bad fan? 

• Like 2

I do find this "bad fan" accusation a bit pathetic... Every one is different each with their own agenda's... if people chose to leave early then so be it, that's up to them, if those who chose to sit down then fine, if that's what they fancy doing then crack on with it, I get there's a sitting V standing argument, but whilst the situation is as it is we've got to get on with it. It seems like the government are warming to safe standing so that's evidence it may well be incoming. 

You don't know what goes on in people lives, some may not be capable of standing for long periods, some may have to leave early because they travel from other counties to get to the games, some may do that and be happy to stay for the full 90. The point is not everyone is able to 'perform' as it is put to the same level, and it is something all the fans will just have to accept. 

If we're constantly at each other throats moaning about this and moaning about that when will we ever sing from the same hymn sheet? I have been guilty of it myself in the past, but sometimes you just have to take into consideration other needs, and expectation's. 

When we're in the ground you show your support however you want to (provided it doesn't involve feces, no one wants that) that is what matters, as for chanting it can get a bit flat at times, but with the likes of union FS they are trying to improve this maybe we can all jump on board and add to the atmosphere, and something else iv'e been thinking of is the support of individual players, I was vocal about Chilwell's recent performances, but perhaps rather than turn the heat on the players mid match, get behind them? We have the ability to lift the team by getting behind them.

Come on! 

• Like 1