Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Hollyfox

Our fans performance

7 minutes ago, worth_the_wait said:

Going AWOL at Forest?   Are you for real?

For sure. We haven't been game at forest for years. I've been picked off at Forest and no city fans wanted to know. Yet the same era I recall City fans offering out every bar in Nottingham they went past when it was Notts County. 

Poor stuff.

Edited to add that's not a call to action for city fans. But my original post was generally just Summing that City fans have been an odd, inconsistent lot over the years. 

Edited by Paninistickers

45 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Generally, I've always thought our fans had been shite and lacked class. The singing during Andrea bocelli. The galatasary singing at Leeds fans. Playing 'the big I am' at Notts County, Orient, Charlton and Southend but go AWOL at Forest, West Ham etc. 

the occasional glimpse of brilliance was at Wimbledon in the league cup semi. We were very very good at 'doing' Wembley. The great escape season too. 

Totally, the biggest disappointments have usually been when we travel in large numbers, Cov, Forest & Derby a few years ago in the cup. I get keyed up for it only to find most aren't really bothered about vocal support. Even at Stoke (relegated to League 1) when the players needed us most the support was abysmal for the entire match.

Those Wembley appearances in the 90s were absolutely brilliant though.

24 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

For sure. We haven't been game at forest for years. I've been picked off at Forest and no city fans wanted to know. Yet the same era I recall City fans offering out every bar in Nottingham they went past when it was Notts County.

Well, if your point is that fans "give it large" somewhere nice and easy, and not so much at rougher places ...then that applies to most fans. 

If you'd said, City fans have gone AWOL at West Ham or Chelsea ... I would agree.

Not Forest, Derby or Cov..

(well, you can get "picked off" anywhere if you're unlucky.  I've had trouble at places, but it doesn't necessarily mean we were AWOL)

4 minutes ago, worth_the_wait said:

Well, if your point is that fans "give it large" somewhere nice and easy, and not so much at rougher places ...then that applies to most fans. 

If you'd said, City fans have gone AWOL at West Ham or Chelsea ... I would agree.

Not Forest, Derby or Cov..

(well, you can get "picked off" anywhere if you're unlucky.  I've had trouble at places, but it doesn't necessarily mean we were AWOL)

Well our points are similar then..

I'll stick with the Nottingham example though. City fans all over the city centre barging into boozers offering out the punters- mainly shoppers, pensioners and old working class smokers) drinkers watching the racing - v Notts County. 

Following seasons v Forest, not a dickie bird in Nottingham city centre. Presumably as there'd have been many willing to take up the offer

We didn't exactly act with any class in either situation.

32 minutes ago, Vestan Pance said:

Totally, the biggest disappointments have usually been when we travel in large numbers, Cov, Forest & Derby a few years ago in the cup. I get keyed up for it only to find most aren't really bothered about vocal support. Even at Stoke (relegated to League 1) when the players needed us most the support was abysmal for the entire match.

I'd agree that Derby in the cup a few years ago wasn't very good.

Most of the trips before that to Forest/Derby/Cov have been reasonably ok - with the exception of the odd crap game.

But I'd agree that our support is hit and miss.  As you say Stoke away 2007-08 was terrible - especially in the 2nd half when they needed us most ...although our support at Barnsley a couple of weeks earlier had been very good.

3 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Well our points are similar then..

I'll stick with the Nottingham example though. City fans all over the city centre barging into boozers offering out the punters- mainly shoppers, pensioners and old working class smokers) drinkers watching the racing - v Notts County. 

Following seasons v Forest, not a dickie bird in Nottingham city centre. Presumably as there'd have been many willing to take up the offer

We didn't exactly act with any class in either situation.

I take your point. 

But we've taken right mobs to Forest on numerous ocasions over the last 50 years, so I wouldn't use that as the best example.

But Chelsea or West Ham in the 70's.  Yeah, I would definitely say turnouts there were pretty lousy

(although we did have a fairly decent turnout at Chelsea Boxing Day 1979 ... when it kicked off big time afterwards)

• Thanks 1

Fans were chanting **** VAR! But then towards the end were chanting VAR VAR VAR! I don’t get that, you can’t have it both ways ffs. Also loads were streaming out from 88 mins which was weird, as it was 2-2 and we were looking pretty good. Also it was an early KO so can’t have the usual excuses for leaving early. 

Edited by Unabomber
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Fans were chanting **** VAR! But then towards the end were chanting VAR VAR VAR! I don’t get that, you can’t have it both ways ffs. Also loads were streaming out from 88 mins which was weird, as it was 2-2 and we were looking pretty good. Also it was an early KO so can’t have the usual excuses for leaving early. 

Exactly what I said var seems to turn everyone into huge hypocrites...

1 minute ago, goody2028 said:

Exactly what I said var seems to turn everyone into huge hypocrites...

Said this at the start of the season. Was bound to happen really. 

Supporters will love it when it goes for them. Hate it when it's used against them. Fickle and hypocritical bunch.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, teblin said:

No it wasnt. Depends where you sit I guess 

SK2, all I heard was some bloke yelling at fans going early. Poor form from us all game.

Yes I do sing but surrounded by non singers doesn’t help atmosphere.

Might be time for me to nip to Wilko and get a flask and tartan blanket.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, sdb said:

89 mins on the clock

3rd vs. 4th

Last home game for 3 weeks

Desperately pushing for a winner

Entertaining and engrossing game

Fourth official has flashed up 5 mins injury time!!!...

...let's leave now and avoid the traffic.

Silly ain't it, proper fans like you an I remain for those final minutes, watching two tired and defensive teams playing keep ball in the middle of the pitch for 5 minutes...then, to be stood on the stairs waiting to get out, then to be stuck in the queue getting out of freemans Common and then on Aylestone Road for about 3 days. 

They should be banned these early leavers.