Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Hollyfox

Our fans performance

5 minutes ago, Katy said:

Bit of a sweeping statement there, I wasn’t corporate and the majority around me weren’t either. I sing every game but it’s like pissing in the wind sometimes when others do it half-arsed particularly when you have a weedy ‘girly’ voice like mine. 

All was probably the wrong word but there was a lot of corporate and club people in that end which meant nothing really caught on. It was evident it would be like that from the first 5 mins when there was about 50 of us singing

5 hours ago, purpleronnie said:

I think we should accept it, not sure how it's possible to change our support...not away from home anyway, villa fan said burton fans made more noise...enough said.

Every away fan for our club should wear a noise monitor, make less than the required level and you're not allowed too another away game.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Stoopid said:

Don't buy this. I'm from Leicester and I'm very proud of the place. 

To me its identity is subtler than the cliché-ridden towns like Newcastle, Liverpool etc. 

It has a tolerance, a big heart, humour and intelligence that - as someone who has lived in a lot of places - I find very appealing, and actually pretty rare. And the fact that people aren't constantly living up to some perceived idea of themselves (scousers, geordies, cockneys etc) that - God knows - grates very quickly.

I think the 'dullness' of our support has more to do with the type of people who go to football now that things like high prices, membership schemes, season-tickets, all-seaters etc etc have taken the game largely away from its traditional support-base.

A lot of clubs suffer from this. It's not the place's fault.

Agree. The Coventry example wasn't a bad one. Someone like Grimsby as well (I've always thought they're not a bad fanbase for their size) - come on, Grimsby? lol 

So, looking forward. Remember in one of the last games of that season, in April, when there was a spontaneous round of applause in which pretty much everyone in the stadium stood, and simply applauded. I think it was simply acknowledging the miracle that was happening. It is still one of the most spine-tingling moments I can remember in my 40 plus years as a City Fan. Everyone together, locked in admiration at what we were witnessing.

This season isn't far off that in my opinion. We're not going to win the league, but we may qualify for the Champions League, and we're on an FA Cup run with the possibility of reaching the QFs. Everyone is a bit low after last night, but there is little point feeling sorry for ourselves, and a big game is around the corner on Saturday lunchtime. 

So how about, in the second minute on Saturday (random timing, but at the beginning) we simply stand and applaud for a minute, and see what happened from there? It's simple, everyone can do it, and it might just help to create a positive vibe for the game that transfers to the players. I know this lacks spontaneity, which was the beauty of the original event, but what do you think? No worries if people think it is a lame idea, but might it work?

4 hours ago, Crazy Kop Corner said:

You get the feeling it's just a nice day out for a lot of our fans.  

Maybe because...it is? 

3 hours ago, AKCJ said:

If you're more bothered about a Premier League game against Chelsea than a Cup Semi-Final against Villa then you're simply not a Leicester fan.

What a weird thing to say. Surely that’s every fans own personal preference and circumstances? 

1 minute ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

as far as atmosphere go, it wont get better until we're shit again realistically. wades out these middle class hot chocolate drinkers there for a sit down 

Will it get better then? I'm sure if we trawl through the forum back to 12/13 years ago you'd see threads moaning about atmospheres.

We reached our peak during the survival run, the title season and the Champions League. Generally brilliant backing, even the clappers played a part and didn't just take over.

it is a shame the away support seems to have subsided in terms of noise and enthusiasm, even in the poorer days we could still get behind the team or even just take the piss out of ourselves. Now it just seems flat.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Stoopid said:

Don't buy this. I'm from Leicester and I'm very proud of the place. 

To me its identity is subtler than the cliché-ridden towns like Newcastle, Liverpool etc. 

It has a tolerance, a big heart, humour and intelligence that - as someone who has lived in a lot of places - I find very appealing, and actually pretty rare. And the fact that people aren't constantly living up to some perceived idea of themselves (scousers, geordies, cockneys etc) that - God knows - grates very quickly.

I think the 'dullness' of our support has more to do with the type of people who go to football now that things like high prices, membership schemes, season-tickets, all-seaters etc etc have taken the game largely away from its traditional support-base.

A lot of clubs suffer from this. It's not the place's fault.

And the ones that don't are the ones that have a distinct identity around place and club. Your reasoning for our dull support afflicts literally every club but some can break through that because identity and their club's place within that means that everyone is infected with it no matter their 'type'. 

4 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

as far as atmosphere go, it wont get better until we're shit again realistically. wades out these middle class hot chocolate drinkers there for a sit down 

It was shit when we were shit ffs. Even the oft-talked about League 1 away days were mostly crap, just people remember Cheltenham and extrapolate that to 23 games. 

Just now, Corky said:

Will it get better then? I'm sure if we trawl through the forum back to 12/13 years ago you'd see threads moaning about atmospheres.

We reached our peak during the survival run, the title season and the Champions League. Generally brilliant backing, even the clappers played a part and didn't just take over.

it is a shame the away support seems to have subsided in terms of noise and enthusiasm, even in the poorer days we could still get behind the team or even just take the piss out of ourselves. Now it just seems flat.

It was a lot better back then, i mean I could partly be looking back on the good old days with rose tinted glasses but seems a lot worse now. It's to be expected when 10 thousand all of a sudden creep out woodwork. In complete and utter fairness though, we had 3 years back to back of insane drama edge of your seat stuff and now we're just a regular club now so I can why enthusiasm has dwindled 

Guest Markyblue
1 hour ago, shanetko said:

The amount of people storming out when the Villa goal went in was incredible. There was 2 mins left. 

I switched the tele straight off and went bed to avoid the traffic. 

The continual holier-than-thou castigation of our fan base by some is bordering on boring now. Even when the away end is decent someone has to chirp up with their tuppence worth of superiority saying otherwise. It's modern football and the same in the majority of away games I've been to recently.  Create your own mini atmosphere and enjoy it. If enough people wanna join in then they will. UFS put their money where their mouths are and doing a brilliant job and that's the way forward.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Markyblue said:

I switched the tele straight off and went bed to avoid the traffic. 

I switched the telly off at the final whistle as I didn't want to hear the corny clichés from the "experts" about plucky Villa, and interviews from any  of their team of average players /triers (apart from Grealish) saying how they deserved it.  Such an annoying, unskilled team (apart from him). Used to like them in the 70s/80s and their style of play- plus one of my best memories of being in the Holte End when it was terraced for our FA Cup semi reply against Liverpool (Shilton, Weller, Keegan etc: - ah, happy days.

9 minutes ago, l444ry said:

The continual holier-than-thou castigation of our fan base by some is bordering on boring now. Even when the away end is decent someone has to chirp up with their tuppence worth of superiority saying otherwise. It's modern football and the same in the majority of away games I've been to recently.  Create your own mini atmosphere and enjoy it. If enough people wanna join in then they will. UFS put their money where their mouths are and doing a brilliant job and that's the way forward.

Our team seems to come in for constant criticism even though we are doing so unbelievably well, so maybe the criticism of ourselves as supporters is only fair. This team deserve much better than we're apparently capable of.

Edited by Vestan Pance

Just now, Vestan Pance said:

Our team seems to come in for constant criticism even though we are doing so unbelievably well, so maybe the criticism of ourselves as supporters is only fair. This team deserve much better than we're capable of.

Agree. Don't understand why to be honest. 

2 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

Think its a combination of:

Shite boring songs that almost feel like a chore to have to start belting out. 

Too many people going to games just to ‘spectate’ rather then supporting and getting behind the team. 

Feel free to put forward your ideas of some new songs considering you find it “shit and boring”

2 hours ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Hey, bugger off! I sing and back my team... Generalisation there PAL! So what if I like hot chocolate, road cycling, golf and other things to make me feel superior lol

• Haha 2

I think I know what the problem is, so we can all agree that 100% of members actively sings and backs their team... Plus are with others who are the same.

So it's abundantly clear to me that it is not the fanbase that is the issue..... It's the acoustics of the stadium! :thumbup: