Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Hollyfox

Our fans performance

14 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Well said. Does booing qualify as support, in your opinion? The reason I ask is, it doesn't in mine, it's the opposite. 

I don’t see the point in booing your own players but I’m not going to pretend I haven’t boo’d a team off (back in championship dark days...) and I won’t pretend I have not criticised players on platforms like these but again people shouldn’t be told by someone else how to act (again unless it is harmful/illegal) 

2 minutes ago, lcfceaves said:

I don’t see the point in booing your own players but I’m not going to pretend I haven’t boo’d a team off (back in championship dark days...) and I won’t pretend I have not criticised players on platforms like these but again people shouldn’t be told by someone else how to act (again unless it is harmful/illegal) 

It's difficult isn't it? I think constructive criticism is not only OK, but to be encouraged. 

However, slagging players off, often for made up reasons or without any real argument really gets us nowhere and is divisive. Likewise, what good does booing achieve? And yes, I'm similar, but haven't booed the entire team for a very long time. I understand why people booed Puel, or his substitutions, because I have an imagination, but I also think that some fans like complaining more than they like supporting. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Munshi said:

This thread has turned to shit, as has our atmosphere. As will be shown on Saturday when 30,000 Leicester fans are outsung by 3000 Chelsea fans. Cant wait.

Nothing will change unless the atmosphere sponges who killed the kop are removed, that will never happen so we'll have to wait for the stadium expansion.

16 hours ago, Foxoffice said:

In response to villa’s “Jamie Vardy what a w#%$*r” chant, Leicester responded with “he’s won more than you” it wasn’t 1 or 2 either, it’s embarrassing!

This is so annyoing. There's a bloke near me at home games who just sings it as a response. Heard it against Villa and Everton, clubs that have won more than we or Vardy ever will.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Munshi said:

This thread has turned to shit, as has our atmosphere. As will be shown on Saturday when 30,000 Leicester fans are outsung by 3000 Chelsea fans. Cant wait.

Chelsea are well supported away from home tbf - best in London imo - and will make noise no dobut about it.

But, as I've said before, on the other foot they don't make noise at Stamford Bridge. Every time I've been there, most recently this season, it's quiet. Our home atmosphere is no different to any other, it's the away ends that we produce which are annoying.

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, RonnieTodger said:

Generally, we're just too passive. That comes with positives and negatives. You won't get arseholes throwing smoke bombs at club executives, but you won't get the desired atmosphere that puts other teams on edge.

Maybe that's as a result of winning the PL, but you will never see the King Power make the noise or bring the passion that Villa fans brought. 

People can take the piss out of their pitch invasion but it was a spontaneous outpouring of joy that their team had reached a cup final. If that was us, we'd be clapping along to Uptown Funk 5 seconds after the whistle.

The ones that were left anyway.;)

• Haha 1

Guest Markyblue
1 hour ago, Foxoffice said:

Villa have scored 31 this season, I’m not sure which version is worst and we wonder why we get brandished as the “mongies”

Quite weird this obsession people have with every song being absolutely factually correct. Leeds who most of the people on here fawn over as fans sing we are the champions the champions of Europe,  when did leeds win the European cup then. There are numerous other examples of fans of other clubs singing stuff that is bollocks but its a lot cooler to moan about some of our fans singing something wrong, well at least they are trying to make some noise. Pathetic i wonder who the "mongies" are to be honest.

18 minutes ago, Markyblue said:

Quite weird this obsession people have with every song being absolutely factually correct. Leeds who most of the people on here fawn over as fans sing we are the champions the champions of Europe,  when did leeds win the European cup then. There are numerous other examples of fans of other clubs singing stuff that is bollocks but its a lot cooler to moan about some of our fans singing something wrong, well at least they are trying to make some noise. Pathetic i wonder who the "mongies" are to be honest.

Would you join in with either of these chants aimed at villa?

2 hours ago, K1FOX said:

Whatever anyone says our fans are shit. Lack passion and the majority either have zero understanding on what effect vocal backing of a 4000 strong crowd in a game like that can have or know the effect but would rather leave it to someone else.

Not having this ‘I pay my money so will turn up and support how I like’. Because what good is that to the players? There could be 10,000 there but if they’re silent it isn’t going to positively affect the players and surely that’s what we are there for? Support the players and help them over the line?

Spot on. Our vocal support could be the extra push the team needs to get over the line. Could also make it more intimidating for the opposition team and put them off their game. All about gaining advantages!

• Like 3

I'm absolutely not having the 'people have paid their money, they can support them how they like' line. 

I know some people can't stand, can't really sing, and that's fine, fair enough. It's the hundreds (if not thousands) who can do and just choose not to who are the issue.

I mean, what is the point? What is the ****ing point of travelling away just to stand in silence and watch the game? Just go to the pub if you can't be arsed.

• Like 4

Generally, I've always thought our fans had been shite and lacked class. The singing during Andrea bocelli. The galatasary singing at Leeds fans. Playing 'the big I am' at Notts County, Orient, Charlton and Southend but go AWOL at Forest, West Ham etc. 

the occasional glimpse of brilliance was at Wimbledon in the league cup semi. We were very very good at 'doing' Wembley. The great escape season too.