Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Hollyfox

Our fans performance

I thought we came across quite well on TV, quite loud but I also felt the BBC kept changing their audio of where the crowd could be heard as one moment I could hear our songs and then they just cut out or changed to the home fans almost on a dime but other than that top notch.

Also, what's with the adults with signs asking for players shirts at the end? I get it with the little kids but there was a grown man and woman doing it, leave it out.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, lcfc278 said:

I thought we came across quite well on TV, quite loud but I also felt the BBC kept changing their audio of where the crowd could be heard as one moment I could hear our songs and then they just cut out or changed to the home fans almost on a dime but other than that top notch.

Also, what's with the adults with signs asking for players shirts at the end? I get it with the little kids but there was a grown man and woman doing it, leave it out.

Yeah was watching the highlights of the first fifteen minutes and they did that quite a bit. Bit odd.

32 minutes ago, lcfc278 said:

I found it equally worrying and hilarious watching them getting ignored and trying to wave them over 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Like When You're Smiling you mean? Plenty of songs from that era get sung at games.

Look, i ain't arguing, i'm trying to come up with a reason why no-ones joining in with the current songs, maybe they're the wrong songs, maybe not and theres a deeper problem Changing a few songs isn't exactly hard to do is it, euthanasia for 60% of our fanbase is probably a little harder to impliment. At the moment it seems fairly obvious that somethings broken. Any ideas? 

19 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Look, i ain't arguing, i'm trying to come up with a reason why no-ones joining in with the current songs, maybe they're the wrong songs, maybe not and theres a deeper problem Changing a few songs isn't exactly hard to do is it, euthanasia for 60% of our fanbase is probably a little harder to impliment. At the moment it seems fairly obvious that somethings broken. Any ideas? 

Or maybe they just can’t be arsed and don’t want to? sometimes it’s just a simple case of people being too lazy to actually open their mouths 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

The ideas are harsh truths unfortunately. The variety of songs sang effectively showcase a disdain for singing in general and a "someone else will sing for me" attitude.

The thread is full of constructive criticism but the likes of UFS & L1, to an extent, aren't to blame & neither are the older fans solely. There's a big enough group of middle aged fans who in theory dont really have an excuse to not contribute to the atmosphere. It's laziness 

• Like 3

Lots bemoan the clappers, but why not engage with the club on a productive use. Ask them to print the words of the top 6 songs that some fans MIGHT not know the words to (WYS, Vichai had a Dream, the new Maddison effort, and a few others) and see if there is any more pick up. I appreciate we don't want to be one of those clubs who hand out lyrics but at the same time, there are supporters who sit away from the two singing sections who may not feel confident singing as they don't know the words.

Not saying that's the reason but couldn't hurt in helping?

1 minute ago, Yes N'Didi said:

Lots bemoan the clappers, but why not engage with the club on a productive use. Ask them to print the words of the top 6 songs that some fans MIGHT not know the words to (WYS, Vichai had a Dream, the new Maddison effort, and a few others) and see if there is any more pick up. I appreciate we don't want to be one of those clubs who hand out lyrics but at the same time, there are supporters who sit away from the two singing sections who may not feel confident singing as they don't know the words.

Not saying that's the reason but couldn't hurt in helping?

If some fans didn’t know the words to songs then it really isn’t too hard to google it and find out. 

Union FS has an entire page on their site full of every chant we sing and I’m sure there a few other sites with our chants too. 

Edited by Munshi

16 minutes ago, Munshi said:

If some fans didn’t know the words to songs then it really isn’t too hard to google it and find out. 

Union FS has an entire page on their site full of every chant we sing and I’m sure there a few other sites with our chants too. 

I know the words, I know Union FS publish the words on their site, but you'd be amazed how many people in the stadium do not know who or what UFS are, or would feel inclined to google the words. If it's there in front of them, and they hear the song, they may feel more inclined to join in. Not saying it would fix it, but could help?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

At the risk of sounding obtuse if we were the print the words of a song onto the clappers that we then just mindlessly bash along to every song with, we may as well just play recordings of the songs through the PA system. That's how orchestrated it would be. 

Its getting that way now.

7 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

At the risk of sounding obtuse if we were the print the words of a song onto the clappers that we then just mindlessly bash along to every song with, we may as well just play recordings of the songs through the PA system. That's how orchestrated it would be. 

This is actually a great idea. I don't know the words to all the songs so this might work. It will have to be coordinated some how though.

21 minutes ago, l444ry said:

Can't understand why there has to be this condescending attitude towards some older fans that were following City when their detractors were in nappies. 

Why is it always this same rubbish that people come out with. ‘They we’re following when you were in nappies’. So what does that mean? That they can do what they want and nobody can have an opinion on how the majority of them are ruining our away ends? That they should get the front half of all our away ends and make it look like a theatre? 

I cannot fathom how there were 800 people sat down at Brentford? The whole of the upper tier. Is someone telling me that all of these 800 cannot stand? If anyone was in the upper tier was there even anything sung in there at all?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

I can see the club printing the words to

"F**k off Maguire F**k off Maguire

We don't need you

We've Soyunchu etc

10 minutes ago, Foxes1 said:

This the sort of atmosphere we need, the younger generation of Leicester fans singing, trouble is it was in the concourse and when they got to the seats they shut up. Typical.

I think the ability to be SEEN singing and dancing is at work here. 

The younger generation are very much narcissists in some respects.