Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Hollyfox

Our fans performance

1 minute ago, Lako42 said:

I am often the only one keeping songs going in my area (right next to UFS)

I'm not going to bother on Saturday, it's ****ing pointless. 

Honestly I'm doing it for myself rather than hoping others will join in at this point. 

Would rather sing with 10-15 other people for 90 minutes than stand in complete silence.

Get where you're coming from though, you do get to points where you just think 'whats the ****ing point?'

2 hours ago, Munshi said:

Our fans are ****ing shit. End of. 

No. !! I Dont agree...just The misgogs...:o

..but each season that goes by it gets more frustrating than the occasional poor game ,it is only some foxestalk posters,and the odd imature Boo-Merchant on the terraces....

5 hours ago, Kopfkino said:

Do people actually believe this (wrt atmosphere) or is it just a comfort blanket so we don't have to face that our fans have never (in my lifetime) been particularly good? I mean we took 8000 to Forest and didn't make a sound ffs. The title season was an exception to the rule for how good the fans were tbh

In fac most clubs are crap, much of it is illusory. The ones that are consistently good are those from a place that has an atmosphere and some sense of identity whilst the football club fits into that sense of identity and represents it. Or in a couple of cases they have managed to get A group to manufacture an identity. Leicester as a place has no atmosphere and no real identity so there's little passion behind the football club. 

This is one of the reasons, some* people from Leicester aren’t proud of the place, compare it with the attitudes of people from the likes of Leeds and Newcastle, they’re far more positive about their hometowns. But still I just don’t think it‘a a good enough reason for us to be so bad, look at Wolves, nothing at all to connect the club to the place, which like Leicester is lacking an identity yet they’re capable of making a noise home and away.

Edited by Yes

I've given up on our fanbase, sadly.

I would have thought the open terrace at Brentford and the enormity of last night's game would have seen us turn out a couple of proper away ends, but we were pretty quiet aside from 2 or 3 10 minute spells.

Depressing really, and the less said about our home atmosphere, the better. Anyone who was at Villa Park will have been reminded of what home support can (and should, in big games) sound like. 

• Like 1

You get the feeling it's just a nice day out for a lot of our fans. 

They just don't seem to have any passion or understand that supporting the team is more than just turning up and parking your back side. 

I was in with UFS and as usual they provided a sterling effort and kept going for the whole game. 

Edited by Crazy Kop Corner
  • Like 4

Maybe if those who make noise and sing every match withdrew there services for a game, the club and other supporters might get the message after sitting in silence for 90 minutes.

I really don't like the sponges who soak up the atmosphere but contribute nothing.

Edited by Vestan Pance

2 hours ago, MattP said:

One of my mates said it as well. I couldn't believe it.

If you don't care or aren't disappointed that we've missed out on a major final at Wembley then you've completely lost touch with every generation before you that has followed this football club.

If you're more bothered about a Premier League game against Chelsea than a Cup Semi-Final against Villa then you're simply not a Leicester fan.

• Like 2

There was some blokes stood next to me, singing for most of the game which is better than what most were up to. Only problem was they were singing really quietly lol 

Our fans are either too shy or not arsed to sing.

What's frustrating is that we're not always bad. We turn out a really good end every now and again which is enough to stop you from giving up completely, it's hard to say when those games are too. Our best away ends are almost always easy to get to on the train, Saturdays, enough time to get drunk and somewhere with decent pubs.

The best our away support has been over recent years has been at Newcastle, Huddersfield, Sheff United, Luton and usually reasonable at London aways. Even with those factors it doesn't always pan out that way - Brentford was decent but bar the kick off time should have been absolutely incredible.

1 hour ago, Stoopid said:

Don't buy this. I'm from Leicester and I'm very proud of the place. 

To me its identity is subtler than the cliché-ridden towns like Newcastle, Liverpool etc. 

It has a tolerance, a big heart, humour and intelligence that - as someone who has lived in a lot of places - I find very appealing, and actually pretty rare. And the fact that people aren't constantly living up to some perceived idea of themselves (scousers, geordies, cockneys etc) that - God knows - grates very quickly.

I think the 'dullness' of our support has more to do with the type of people who go to football now that things like high prices, membership schemes, season-tickets, all-seaters etc etc have taken the game largely away from its traditional support-base.

A lot of clubs suffer from this. It's not the place's fault.

Appreciate what you’re saying and I agree with a lot of it but not everyone sees it the same way, it’s often referred to as a shithole by people who live here and in Leicestershire, some of which are City fans, there’s even a thread on this forum titled something along the lines of “is Leicester a dump” which I know is mostly to keep up with general developments in the city now but again it shows how some people feel about the place. I only think it’s a minor reason anyway but I still see it as a contributor to the dullness of the support.

37 minutes ago, Yes said:

Appreciate what you’re saying and I agree with a lot of it but not everyone sees it the same way, it’s often referred to as a shithole by people who live here and in Leicestershire, some of which are City fans, there’s even a thread on this forum titled something along the lines of “is Leicester a dump” which I know is mostly to keep up with general developments in the city now but again it shows how some people feel about the place. I only think it’s a minor reason anyway but I still see it as a contributor to the dullness of the support.

Leicester is a dump to be fair 

1 hour ago, Stoopid said:

Don't buy this. I'm from Leicester and I'm very proud of the place. 

To me its identity is subtler than the cliché-ridden towns like Newcastle, Liverpool etc. 

It has a tolerance, a big heart, humour and intelligence that - as someone who has lived in a lot of places - I find very appealing, and actually pretty rare. And the fact that people aren't constantly living up to some perceived idea of themselves (scousers, geordies, cockneys etc) that - God knows - grates very quickly.

I think the 'dullness' of our support has more to do with the type of people who go to football now that things like high prices, membership schemes, season-tickets, all-seaters etc etc have taken the game largely away from its traditional support-base.

A lot of clubs suffer from this. It's not the place's fault.

I would agree with that. I’m very proud to be from Leicester, always have been, always will be. I appreciate it even more now I don’t live there, I miss it. 

21 minutes ago, Angus Scott said:

Perhaps more people would join in the singing if the songs didn't contain so many swear words. It may surprise some but not everyone wants to use that language & certainly do not want their wife & kids to hear it

So these people join in with the other songs then do they? Have a day off mate bottom tier we’re not interested yesterday. All corporate ***** with zero passion having a day out 

Edited by K1FOX

1 minute ago, K1FOX said:

So these people join in with the other songs then do they? Have a day off mate bottom tier we’re not interested yesterday. All corporate ***** with zero passion having a day out 

Bit of a sweeping statement there, I wasn’t corporate and the majority around me weren’t either. I sing every game but it’s like pissing in the wind sometimes when others do it half-arsed particularly when you have a weedy ‘girly’ voice like mine.