Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Spudulike

Slimani

What do the likes of PSG Spurs Man Utd & villa see in a player that didn’t really live up to his potential here @  LCFC  if he is so prolific of late 😱 why don’t we give him a go under Brendan or just let him leave and tell Man Utd they can buy him for £60m as they do like to overspend  😂

Edited by justfoxes

4 minutes ago, justfoxes said:

What do the likes of PSG Spurs Man Utd & villa see in a player that didn’t really live up to his potential here @  LCFC  if he is so prolific of late 😱 why don’t we give him a go under Brendan or just let him leave and tell Man Utd they can buy him for £60m as they do like to overspend  😂

It’s called panicking with a week left of the window.

11 hours ago, Swan Lesta said:

This either ridiculous nonsense or he’ll sign and score 2 goals a game till the end of the season and we’ll look like twats.

More likely make the news for having a punch up on the pitch with Maguire, so hope they do buy him:fc:

6 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Not if they run us close for the top 4, there's no way we will entertain Man Utd or Spurs getting Slimani this month. 

If it's a transfer we should.

This may be an opportunity to get a decent fee for him as there are a few clubs desperate for a striker and there aren't many available with Slimani type numbers this season. If they want a loan though then in the bin with that. 

• Like 2

Of course we should sell him if we can.

If Slimani is the difference between us getting CL football and losing out to a team at least 14 points behind us with 14 games to play then we should be playing him.

Guest An Sionnach

This might be controversial but here goes anyway . Champions League looking very likely now and our squad will need reinforcing . We need a couple of experienced forwards , a wide man to replace Gray and a big powerful striker . Slim is in pretty good form apparently and is still our player. I can see how he could be useful next season to give us a physical edge in what are going to be some pretty tough matches.

2 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

This might be controversial but here goes anyway . Champions League looking very likely now and our squad will need reinforcing . We need a couple of experienced forwards , a wide man to replace Gray and a big powerful striker . Slim is in pretty good form apparently and is still our player. I can see how he could be useful next season to give us a physical edge in what are going to be some pretty tough matches.

I don’t think it’s Big Slim as a player they don’t like I think it’s him as a person the higher up just don’t seem keen on him. I personally can’t see us signing another striker if anything it’ll be two wingers. Up top you’ve got Vardy, Kelechi & Perez as options.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

If Brendan is here next season, as seems likely, then Slimani has played his last competitive game for us.

• Like 1

Guest An Sionnach

Everybody knows he is a member of the awkward squad but physicallity is important at Champions League level , its the main reason that Man. City keep missing out, and his scoring record is pretty good. If we went for Mitrovic say it would cost us at least 40 million.

16 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Everybody knows he is a member of the awkward squad but physicallity is important at Champions League level , its the main reason that Man. City keep missing out, and his scoring record is pretty good. If we went for Mitrovic say it would cost us at least 40 million.

I think Man City keep missing out because of their central defence.

Guest An Sionnach
18 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

I think Man City keep missing out because of their central defence.

You don't win owt with John Stones is very true but Man. City are a pretty small team stature wise and sometimes their brilliant interplay is not enough.

6 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

You don't win owt with John Stones is very true but Man. City are a pretty small team stature wise and sometimes their brilliant interplay is not enough.

Slimani is awful and a knobhead as well. Keep him away from the squad.

Edited by frany104
  • Like 1

Guest An Sionnach
26 minutes ago, frany104 said:

Slimani is awful and a knobhead as well. Keep him away from the squad.

Slimani is a thoroughly nasty piece of work but his goalscoring record is by no means awful. He is basically like Costa he gets up defenders noses and uses his big frame as a weapon . None of our other forwards can do that.

6 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Slimani is a thoroughly nasty piece of work but his goalscoring record is by no means awful. He is basically like Costa he gets up defenders noses and uses his big frame as a weapon . None of our other forwards can do that.

Disagree completely. He’s not nasty at all. I never saw him once tough up a defender. He hardly ran! He was useless in the air unless attacking the ball in the box. Iheanacho holds the ball up better than him and is a lot better player. You don’t need to strong to hold the ball up. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Is this what you meant to type? :mellow:

• Haha 1