Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Spudulike

Slimani

Please don't interpret this as me caring about Spurs but Spurs fans would be shaking their heads in disbelief at what 'the special one' is doing to their team if they sign Slimani. I was no fan of Pochettino but I'm pretty sure he would have never said 'lump up to the big man up top'

Slimani gave me countless hours of fun when at Leicester. Just watching him 'sprint' made me chuckle. I don't think I've ever witnessed the proverbial cart horse made real. lol

Edited by mabrah

Wowzer. :jawdrop:

Some serious extreme English language gymnastics going on in this thread.

We are seeing 

• recency-bias as Slim is scoring in the Farmers league, and
  • antiquity-bias as he hasn`t played for us or been disrupting our squad for ages

I love all you guys/gals :wub:

On 20/01/2020 at 13:31, yorkie1999 said:

He's the ideal player for a team that plays down the wings and puts the ball into someone that can head it in the net. He'd also be ideal for a team that have exhusted all their ideas and never appear to score from corners.

Like Newcastle? 

On 20/01/2020 at 13:38, st martin said:

Slimani is now scoring goals against some of the best teams in the world.Has he improved immensely or is it the service he is getting ? Either way for around 10 million quid he has top be worth a chance at Spurs . 

He was never that bad for us!! He tried filling in for Vardy but because he didn’t close down like Vardy he got the same treatment from some of the moronic fans in the stand that Kelechi started getting last season... 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, lcfceaves said:

He was never that bad for us!! He tried filling in for Vardy but because he didn’t close down like Vardy he got the same treatment from some of the moronic fans in the stand that Kelechi started getting last season... 

I think a lot of fans need to get over the fact that in todays football, Vardy is unique and when he finishes playing, we're not going to replace him. Every team in the country bar a few exceptions is after a true striker like vardy.

20 minutes ago, davieG said:

Mail.

Manchester United make shock enquiry for Leicester flop Islam Slimani with Foxes set to charge their rivals a £4m loan fee as Ole Gunnar Solskjaer desperately searches for a striker after Marcus Rashford's injury

Islam Slimani has emerged as a surprise target for Manchester United this month

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is desperately scouring the market for a new striker

Slimani is currently on loan at Monaco but he could join United until the summer

Foxes are looking to capitalise on United's desperation by charging £4m fee 

By SIMON JONES FOR MAILONLINE

PUBLISHED: 10:36, 24 January 2020 | UPDATED: 10:46, 24 January 2020

Manchester United have enquired about the possibility of signing Leicester flop Islam Slimani on loan, but have been told it will cost them a £4million fee. 

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is desperately searching for a new striker following Marcus Rashford's long-term injury and Anthony Martial's topsy-turvy form. 

United have just seven days to bolster their forward line and now Solskjaer has been forced into trying to sign Slimani. 

Manchester United are interested in signing Leicester flop Islam Slimani this month

Slimani, who scored just eight Premier League goals in 35 appearances for Leicester, remains on the books at the King Power Stadium but has been on loan at Monaco this season. 

He was previously shipped out on loan to Newcastle, where he failed to score in four appearances, and Fenerbahce.  

The 31-year-old Algerian has had to make do with a substitute role at the Ligue 1 side in recent weeks but he is now being considered by Manchester United. 

Leicester have told Manchester United that they would have to pay a £4m fee just to sign him on loan until the end of the season. 

Slimani has scored seven goals in 14 appearances for Monaco this season but the fact he failed to set the Premier League alight shows how desperate United are. 

I don't think we would loan Slimani to Man Utd for £4m as they're one of the biggest threats to us for CL football. We'd probably let them buy him though for about £12m. 

1 minute ago, Mehrez said:

Tbf they signed Choupo Moting and the fans love him. PSG are a bit different in that they can afford to have a bunch of shit players in the squad whose job is just to play against the bottom rubbish and let Mbappe and Co rest. 

If a miracle occurs and we we could somehow manage to flog him for anything around 10-15million then I’d get rid.

Can’t decide if he’s the worst signing ever made by the club. Money wise yes, but he did score a few goals for us at least. Helped us get into the k/o CL stage. 

• Like 1