Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Spudulike

Slimani

3 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Slimani being bad in the air is the biggest Foxestalk myth. 

Leicester fans just can't get their head around the fact there's a difference between attacking crosses with your head and having a fifty yard long ball smashed a foot above your head. 

Every ****ing game we'd smash long balls at him and some ****ing retard in the ground would moan FFS JUMP at him like he's meant to be Steve Howard, flicking balls on for... like... the nobody that was running on. 

HeS sUpPoSeD tO bE gOoD iN tHe AiR. 

Every. ****ing. Game. That's every game after we'd subbed him off / on at the same time as taking Albrighton on / off in the opposite direction despite the fact he was our player with the most crossed assists. 

I'm not saying Slimani was great, I never wanted us to sign him in the first place and was quite vocal about that. But the speed at which the morons on here turned on him because he wasn't an "Old Fashioned English Target Man" was absolutely, 1000% peak Foxestalk. 

Even now we're playing the best football we've almost ever played, there's still idiots on here screaming for us to sign some ten foot tall "plan B" as if Rodgers is going to turn all Tony Pulis every time we go a goal down. 

... I'm aware I'm now ranting. Sorry. 

He's aggressive with crosses, I'll grant you.

But part of being good in the air is to win headers and unless they were from an undefendable cross he just didn't win anywhere near enough headers.

Strikers like Andy Carroll are good in the air. They will win headers all over the pitch as opposed to just when Marc Albrighton or Riyad Mahrez swings one in straight onto his head 8 yards out.

4 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Slimani being bad in the air is the biggest Foxestalk myth. 

Leicester fans just can't get their head around the fact there's a difference between attacking crosses with your head and having a fifty yard long ball smashed a foot above your head. 

Every ****ing game we'd smash long balls at him and some ****ing retard in the ground would moan FFS JUMP at him like he's meant to be Steve Howard, flicking balls on for... like... the nobody that was running on. 

HeS sUpPoSeD tO bE gOoD iN tHe AiR. 

Every. ****ing. Game. That's every game after we'd subbed him off / on at the same time as taking Albrighton on / off in the opposite direction despite the fact he was our player with the most crossed assists. 

I'm not saying Slimani was great, I never wanted us to sign him in the first place and was quite vocal about that. But the speed at which the morons on here turned on him because he wasn't an "Old Fashioned English Target Man" was absolutely, 1000% peak Foxestalk. 

Even now we're playing the best football we've almost ever played, there's still idiots on here screaming for us to sign some ten foot tall "plan B" as if Rodgers is going to turn all Tony Pulis every time we go a goal down. 

... I'm aware I'm now ranting. Sorry. 

You're  right, i distinctly remember Slimani coming on more often than not coincided with Albrighton going off! 

3 hours ago, Gerard said:

The article just says that they've made an approach.  Given Villa's finances, Slimani's wages and their precarious league position, I would be astonished if it was anything other than a loan which is no good to us really.  Might aswell leave him at Monaco. 

For all Slim's ungainliness and alleged character flaws, I still think he has goals in him and I would love to see Villa drop.  Let's not help them.

Edited by murphy
  • Like 1

If Villa buy him we must put in a clause that he can't play in the semi-final against us. He'd score a hat-trick and FT would go into meltdown.

Villa fans split on whether they should try and get him .....

I think we do a deal where they allow us to beat them in two weeks and we let them take him on loan till the end of the season (They pay all his wages !!)

they won’t buy him and I doubt v much if he would agree to that anyway 

On 12/01/2020 at 22:35, Paddy. said:

Exactly. He's a good player who did pretty well for us but sadly it seems he's a bit of a bell end. Whereas Silva seems like a good guy and a good pro but just totally ill-suited to English football.

😂

What we need is a player who can finish like Slimani, but with the attitude of Silva!

What a bad transfer window that was...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

😂

What we need is a player who can finish like Slimani, but with the attitude of Silva!

What a bad transfer window that was...

Such a shame though. On paper, Slimani and Silva looked like fine purchases. If we could have got their best form out of them, it would have been fantastic. Nah mind, we move on...

Guess the Slimani transfer all adds to scouting experience, in terms of gathering data and gauging suitability though

1. Can control with both feet?

2. Do they contain good acceleration?

8231. Are they a bit of a tw@t?

• Like 1

Hopefully they buy him but is slightly injured for the semi final so doesn’t play then makes him debut gets sent off for head butting grielish scores and own goal in the last game of the season to send them down. Not asking for much 😂