Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Spudulike

Slimani

Guest An Sionnach
1 minute ago, Blue Collar said:

Strange that he's been popular with fans et team mates at Sporting and Monaco but not at Leicester. 

He's my hero...🤘🤘

7 minutes ago, Babylon said:

We could gain vastly more money.

Would we though? I've no idea on the numbers but either way, if we're prepared to shell out  £16M on a CB who might well never actually play in the 1st team then I'm kinda guessing that the money wouldn't really matter anyway. 

I've no idea how loan deals work, whether Slimani can call it off himself, but I really don't see any advantage to us taking him back just to loan him back out again to either ManU or Spurs. He's still our player so I'm presuming Monaco can't sub-let Slimani to anyone, and for Monaco to rip up the contract and let Slim go is going to cost them... I can't see it happening. As Rodgers said, complicated. And more to the point, not in our interest. There'd have to a serious wedge of cash in it for us.

Besides, hopefully our transfer team are involved in deals that result in players coming to us, not pfaffing around with existing contracts just to suit other parties.

8 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

He's my hero...🤘🤘

He loves being the clown in every dressing room he's been in and the language barrier might have  hindered his integration. But I don't believe his problem is disciplinary, more like an adaptation thing and there was a little time for that at LCFC.

37 minutes ago, mabrah said:

Would we though? I've no idea on the numbers but either way, if we're prepared to shell out  £16M on a CB who might well never actually play in the 1st team then I'm kinda guessing that the money wouldn't really matter anyway. 

I've no idea how loan deals work, whether Slimani can call it off himself, but I really don't see any advantage to us taking him back just to loan him back out again to either ManU or Spurs. He's still our player so I'm presuming Monaco can't sub-let Slimani to anyone, and for Monaco to rip up the contract and let Slim go is going to cost them... I can't see it happening. As Rodgers said, complicated. And more to the point, not in our interest. There'd have to a serious wedge of cash in it for us.

Besides, hopefully our transfer team are involved in deals that result in players coming to us, not pfaffing around with existing contracts just to suit other parties.

We wouldn't agree to it if we weren't. 

24 minutes ago, Foxes1 said:

Will be interesting if he actually signs on loan for Man U. Can't wait for the presentations of him to the media, if it's anything like it was when he went to Fenerbache.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=you+tube+islam+slimani+fenebache&&view=detail&mid=74901861A9682CEDF1C774901861A9682CEDF1C7&&FORM=VDRVRV

Who still uses Bing?

55 minutes ago, Foxes1 said:

Will be interesting if he actually signs on loan for Man U. Can't wait for the presentations of him to the media, if it's anything like it was when he went to Fenerbache.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=you+tube+islam+slimani+fenebache&&view=detail&mid=74901861A9682CEDF1C774901861A9682CEDF1C7&&FORM=VDRVRV

How do you bleach your own eyeballs? Asking for a friend.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, KingsX said:

He must have handed the trophy back to Riyad after all.

SlimTrophy.JPG.4d4dd079c04bc236eaa56e4513bec6cf.JPG

lol he is going to Man Utd isnt he!

we are mugging them off something proper.

3 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

If there’s no recall option then it would cost Monaco to end the loan on his current contract and if we are benefitting from it financially then they’ll want us to cover that cost too. So a £4million loan fee could easily end up as £2million once we’ve subsidised Monaco’s bit. Maybe even less if they negotiate it up a bit. 

There is a recall option but it would be standard for us to have to pay a fee to curtail the loan agreement unless Monaco are ok with it. i doubt they want to carry on paying their share of  his wages if he is a bench player but both sides will play poker on this issue for as long as they can …. if it isn't sorted by now then i doubt it will be in time. seems odd that he will be in the country tomorrow unless something is afoot...….

1 hour ago, splinterdream said:

I don't think Slim was that bad for us, but I reckon he did something serious to burn his bridges with the club because I'm sure BR would have at least had a look at him

I think it’s no surprise that wherever he goes on loan despite how well he starts, appears to eventually get dropped. Bad apple.

Guest An Sionnach

He is still my hero but I admit he doesn't really fit our thoroughly nice guy image but then neither does Hamza so perhaps he should move on as well.

9 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

He is still my hero but I admit he doesn't really fit our thoroughly nice guy image but then neither does Hamza so perhaps he should move on as well.

What’s with your love for Slim? It seems a lot of the points you make aren’t fully factual but you use them to stick up for Slim...

Guest An Sionnach
1 hour ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

What’s with your love for Slim? It seems a lot of the points you make aren’t fully factual but you use them to stick up for Slim...

I am of course having a bit of fun here but in football a bit of attitude is a real plus that's why Steve Walsh was such a hero and even Mr nice guy Matt Elliott left his smile in the dressing room and as for Lennon , Savage and Izzet they would pick a fight with their own shadow.