Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Spudulike

Slimani

2 hours ago, Md9 said:

Hopefully they buy him but is slightly injured for the semi final so doesn’t play then makes him debut gets sent off for head butting grielish scores and own goal in the last game of the season to send them down. Not asking for much 😂

He can’t play in the semi .....no new signing can .....

Why are we entertaining a loan to Villa when he already has a season long loan to Monaco?  There must be a good loan fee or bigger percentage wages offered otherwise we should tell them to buy or sod off.  I'd be gutted if one of our players helped them stay up.

18 minutes ago, murphy said:

Why are we entertaining a loan to Villa when he already has a season long loan to Monaco?  There must be a good loan fee or bigger percentage wages offered otherwise we should tell them to buy or sod off.  I'd be gutted if one of our players helped them stay up.

Slim wants to play and the new regime at Monaco means he will be a bench warmer 

I believe the push for a move has come from slimani but I cannot see him wanting a transfer to villa and I can’t see them wanting to buy him. Rinse them for a big loan fee and an even bigger survival bonus and who cares if they stay up .....we are playing a different game to them at the moment ....slim won’t be the difference between them staying up or going down anyway 

18 hours ago, Realjimbo said:

This guy is 31, mediocre at best, never gonna play for City again... Bite their hands off!

OK but I think his contract runs out in the summer....then bye bye on a free!

When you see all these strikers that other clubs have brought in have that have ended up 2-4 goals in a season in the Premiership!

He didn't do badly with 13 goals. Would have liked to have him back at LCFC to have got some value for our money.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, grumpy old git said:

When you see all these strikers that other clubs have brought in have that have ended up 2-4 goals in a season in the Premiership!

He didn't do badly with 13 goals. Would have liked to have him back at LCFC to have got some value for our money.

June 2021 

17 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

Leicester City manager Brendan Rodgers has warned Aston Villa that a loan move for the Foxes' 31-year-old Algeria forward Islam Slimani is likely to be "too complicated". (Independent)

Is this code for somebody please buy this player because I'd like both the spending money and the bugger off my bloody books?!!!!!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, grumpy old git said:

I agree with you. Talent-wise he would be a good option, his goal scoring record is very decent but his career here is finished. Don't believe everything I read but it would seem the rumour about everyone hating him and him hating them is probably true. You could see it when he was playing for us that the others weren't super keen on him. 

It's a big loss but if Monaco are paying his wages and a decent loan fee then that's not so bad. We should sell him this summer for at least something you would think. Even if it's around the £5mill mark, that would be something.

Edited by Paddy.

11 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

We've probably recouped quite a lot of his fee, just in loan fees.

We've probably been paying the majority of his wages though. I'd say don't really want to loan him out anymore as it's difficult get a deal through without getting shafted. We're always at a disadvantage. 

From reading from a few on here and some on Facebook pages, I genuinely can't understand why any of our fans would want him back at our club. The whole, he offers us a plan b is a bit redundant when Brendan clearly doesn't use the long ball to a big man (plan b) and we are 3rd in the league without using it. Secondly, if the rumours are to be true, he has an awful attitude and wasnt particularly liked at the club. And finally, hes nowhere near good enough to even clean Vardys boots, never mind displace him in the team. We only play one striker and we already have 2 strikers that are better than him. Actually sick to death of people saying we should bring him back! We don't need strikers, we need wingers!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Silva Fox said:

Please don't anyone slag him off now. I want this to happen. 

I'll start: Don't go Islam. Very underrated player that deserves to play at a proper big club with Champions League credibility. Worth £30m at least. 

50 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Please don't anyone slag him off now. I want this to happen. 

I'll start: Don't go Islam. Very underrated player that deserves to play at a proper big club with Champions League credibility. Worth £30m at least. 

I personally think he would be a good signing for any club in need of a quick fix goalscorer.

7 goals and 7 assists in 11 starts in Ligue One this season is not to be sniffed at for any club looking for a striker with less than two weeks to go. Slimani is a goalscorer as he proved with Sporting Lisbon and now Monaco. 

I was surprised Villa didn't try and buy him instead of spending £10m on a 27yo from the Belgium league, if I was in charge of transfers at a club and desperately need a striker Slimani would be very high on that list. 

Although to add to this there is zero chance he goes to Spurs on loan, we won't strengthen a rival for our CL spot. They'll have to get the cheque book out and buy him. 

Edited by Gerard

If there was ever a time for comments like 'I'll drive him there myself', it'll be when spurs put in any sort of offer to buy him. 

I actually think he'd do quite well in a Jose side, mind. 

Monaco hung in the contest and snatched a disputed equaliser 20 minutes from time.

Slimani was flagged offside when he scrambled home the rebound from Gelson's shot, but replays showed Marquinhos got a touch on the ball before it ran towards the on-loan Leicester City striker.

Navas tipped over to deny Slimani an unlikely winner before Neymar's sumptuous chipped pass in stoppage time gave Mbappe the chance to claim an outright club record of scoring in an 11th consecutive PSG match, but the striker sliced wide.

Monaco hung in the contest and snatched a disputed equaliser 20 minutes from time.

Slimani was flagged offside when he scrambled home the rebound from Gelson's shot, but replays showed Marquinhos got a touch on the ball before it ran towards the on-loan Leicester City striker.

Navas tipped over to deny Slimani an unlikely winner before Neymar's sumptuous chipped pass in stoppage time gave Mbappe the chance to claim an outright club record of scoring in an 11th consecutive PSG match, but the striker sliced wide.

Edited by st martin
Added article twice