Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

West Ham (H) pre match

So they have no Yarmolenko and no Anderson.

They will try to sh!t house it.

We love being sh!t housed.

"No, stop, be positive or its back to watching the egg chasers for you"

3-0 win, Vardy, Tielemans screamer and a Ricky special :scarf:

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

Do we think Gray is done? Even over this busy period he has hardly featured. (If at all!)

Yeah - was he poorly over Christmas?

Still gets on from time to time for a few minutes but it’s a strange one as he came on earlier in the season with some dramatic impacts but may e the others in training just look better options to BR?

3 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Do we think Gray is done? Even over this busy period he has hardly featured. (If at all!)

He must be looking at the performances of Perez out on the wing and wonder whether it's worth his effort. When he's come on as sub he's added something far more than Perez. Yes, the latter has scored 5 in 20 appearances but 3 came in one game against an on the night extremely poor opposition performance. Before and since out on the right he's been insignificant. Stubbornness, price tag and not performance is the only reason he can be playing. Gray and Albrighton would have every right to be miffed and a bit resentful. 

• Like 2

Just now, volpeazzurro said:

He must be looking at the performances of Perez out on the wing and wonder whether it's worth his effort. When he's come on as sub he's added something far more than Perez. Yes, the latter has scored 5 in 20 appearances but 3 came in one game against an on the night extremely poor opposition performance. Before and since out on the right he's been insignificant. Stubbornness, price tag and not performance is the only reason he can be playing. Gray and Albrighton would have every right to be miffed and a bit resentful

I know we are all guilty of "not playing makes you better bias" (I certainly am), but to be honest, its hard to think otherwise with regards to Gray or Albrighton being "more" than Perez has been recently

The Athletic reckon Perez does lots of great subtle things, but not being especially subtle myself, I am assuming I have just missed them all.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

I know we are all guilty of "not playing makes you better bias" (I certainly am), but to be honest, its hard to think otherwise with regards to Gray or Albrighton being "more" than Perez has been recently

The Athletic reckon Perez does lots of great subtle things, but not being especially subtle myself, I am assuming I have just missed them all.

Perez has basically been 6/10 consistently when he starts and when he comes off the bench, with two or three 9/10s as well, which is sadly better than Gray and Albrighton have been.

Our wingers are all much of a muchness - one good game to four or five bad/average ones. And Perez can’t even play in that position. It’s pot luck whoever Rodgers selects.

We all know that the most dangerous and consistently productive winger that we have is our right back!

So if we truly want to play in the Champions League why are we not looking to buy one? 

25 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

He must be looking at the performances of Perez out on the wing and wonder whether it's worth his effort. When he's come on as sub he's added something far more than Perez. Yes, the latter has scored 5 in 20 appearances but 3 came in one game against an on the night extremely poor opposition performance. Before and since out on the right he's been insignificant. Stubbornness, price tag and not performance is the only reason he can be playing. Gray and Albrighton would have every right to be miffed and a bit resentful. 

Albrighton hasnt really featured since that cup game when he gave the ball away and crossed to nobody about 100 times. I think that killed any chance he has of starting games.

Gray is the one I am a little confused about. Might be his chance creation that is keeping him out. Perez and Barnes seem to make more things happen on the pitch even when they have a poor game.

• Like 1

Guest An Sionnach
30 minutes ago, Hammo said:

So if we truly want to play in the Champions League why are we not looking to buy one?

Like who? A wide player who can give you the goals or assists we need in the current market 80 million. Go cheap? Could be another Ghezzal.

Just now, Mark said:

I think I just don’t see what others are seeing

If I am honest, I am not sure what I am seeing with him yet!

He does occassionally play a nice one two and arrive in the box, but is that his job?? 

(Why was he brought in?)

• Like 1