Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

West Ham (H) pre match

We weren't that bad against Burnley. A lot of it was down to Pope's excellence and we were just a little bit unlucky and tangoed by their only 2 decent chances all game. It wasn't the worst loss we've had at Turfmoor. 2017 and 2018 were worse defeats.

It's one we can get a win definitely. West Ham were just dismal against us over Christmas. Mendy did fine in the last game so best to keep N'Didi in cold storage for now. Iheanacho also did ok so worth putting in from the start.

Our home form has been a little bit off since Arsenal so need to put things right again this evening. 

There's perhaps an overreaction to our patchy run of form of late but I wouldn't want to fall over the line getting to Champions League. Think we are well worth 3rd place now if not 2nd but if we get to Europe out of sorts next year we could be in for it should we get drawn against Europe's elite. 

Over to you lads.:scarf:

Edited by Blue ROI

47 minutes ago, Ollie93 said:

That obviously his mind is on buying a new car and not focusing on his football. Maybe the reason him and Chilwell fell out? Hamza wanted a Lambo but Chilwell thought Bentleys were better?

Pretty sure they sell Bentleys there too, so can't be that.

52 minutes ago, Ollie93 said:

That obviously his mind is on buying a new car and not focusing on his football. Maybe the reason him and Chilwell fell out? Hamza wanted a Lambo but Chilwell thought Bentleys were better?

You have to be careful with that kind of language on this forum. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

I've watched the games, I was bored, we were poor and it was mostly drab and dull. I'm glad you've enjoyed it, but frankly it's one step away from Puel levels of boredom at the moment for me. 

I know it's still partially down to winning the league, I've not felt the same since. I just feel early season positivity has ebbed away, part due to not playing very well. But also because I'm not sure Rodgers is showing any signs of knowing what to do to end the slump. 

I have similar feelings he has to change it up tonight we have looked clueless at times and we didn't see anything like that before this bad run of form .. clearly something isn't working 

Youri, Nacho and Albrighton to come in ..

I get a feeling he will try the same again though let's hope not

Edited by whoareyaaa
  • Like 1

One look at the table should lift everyone’s spirits. Yes, we’ve played crap of late, confidence is low and too many players have lost form at the same time.

But a win tonight against a team we beat away with our reserves will reinvigorate everyone. It’s a pivotal game in our season. I just hope the players and management are up for it more than some of our fans.

• Like 2

That 9 game winning streak really has sorted us out thus far. Everything is relative and it is runs like that that will secure us top 4. Obviously if we didn’t win another game for the rest of the season that would be cancelled out but that isn’t going to happen. 

We’ve got this we’re a good side, even if we do still look a bit pedestrian - a dodgy few results doesn’t change that! Every game feels massive at the minute and I love it!

1 hour ago, Blue ROI said:

We weren't that bad against Burnley. A lot of it was down to Pope's excellence and we were just a little bit unlucky and tangoed by their only 2 decent chances all game. It wasn't the worst loss we've had at Turfmoor. 2017 and 2018 were worse defeats.

I enjoyed 2015 when Matt Taylor missed a penalty and we did a Watford and scored directly after on the counter finally lifting us out of the bottom three. The moment when you absolutely knew that the 'Great Escape' was actually going to happen...although Vardy's winner at the Hawthorns earlier that month was the pivotal moment we all believed. One of the best goal celebrations I can remember since Ian Wilson scored at the Cottage. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Line-X said:

I enjoyed 2015 when Matt Taylor missed a penalty and we did a Watford and scored directly after on the counter finally lifting us out of the bottom three. The moment when you absolutely knew that the 'Great Escape' was actually going to happen...although Vardy's winner at the Hawthorns earlier that month was the pivotal moment we all believed. One of the best goal celebrations I can remember since Ian Wilson scored at the Cottage. 

Yeah the shoe was on the other foot with us missing a penalty before they won out but I wouldn't swap April 2015 for anything. The Pearson roar afterwards.:pearson:

The winner at West Brom is still one of the most iconic moments in the club's history. The fact that it led to the Great Escape + Title sets it apart.

Edited by Blue ROI
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

I know we are all guilty of "not playing makes you better bias" (I certainly am), but to be honest, its hard to think otherwise with regards to Gray or Albrighton being "more" than Perez has been recently

The Athletic reckon Perez does lots of great subtle things, but not being especially subtle myself, I am assuming I have just missed them all.

Me too. So subtle you can't see them.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, lgfualol said:

Albrighton hasnt really featured since that cup game when he gave the ball away and crossed to nobody about 100 times. I think that killed any chance he has of starting games.

Gray is the one I am a little confused about. Might be his chance creation that is keeping him out. Perez and Barnes seem to make more things happen on the pitch even when they have a poor game.

I just don't see Perez making things happen though the law of averages would suggest that if you play someone often enough the odd thing happens occasionally. Gray for me has made things happen when he's come on (as has Iheanacho for that matter). As for giving the ball away, Perez is quite reliable in that respect and one game for Albrighton compared to Perez's about 20 is hardly a good comparison. Even then, albeit I did see at least one  very poor cross, several of the others were into an area that you should reasonably expect a forward to be attacking. Precision crossing onto the box onto the head of an oncoming forward having looked up and seen him everytime is a myth, sometimes it's just about putting it into a dangerous area. Chilwell has also at times suffered from this when managing to run past his defender from deep,  hes sometimes looked up and there's nobody in the box to pass to so has to turn back rather than lose possession. Our lack movement off the ball collectively of late has been quite poor. 

1 hour ago, Hammo said:

One look at the table should lift everyone’s spirits. Yes, we’ve played crap of late, confidence is low and too many players have lost form at the same time.

But a win tonight against a team we beat away with our reserves will reinvigorate everyone. It’s a pivotal game in our season. I just hope the players and management are up for it more than some of our fans.

Perhaps if they'd been up for it since Villa away, the fans wouldn't be feeling a bit negative about things.