Sign in to follow this  
Koke

West Ham (H) pre match

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

Perhaps if they'd been up for it since Villa away, the fans wouldn't be feeling a bit negative about things.

Perhaps the fans shouldn't act like spoilt brats

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

West Ham are 11/2 :whistle:

i missed soton at 9/2 ……… sorely tempted but its something i've never ever done so i cant see me starting now …...

8 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Perhaps if they'd been up for it since Villa away, the fans wouldn't be feeling a bit negative about things.

We’ve had/are having an annoying blip but we’re still in a fantastic position thanks to our autumn brilliance and the inconsistency/inadequacy of those below us.

The worst thing we - fans and players alike - can do is get stuck in a cycle of negativity. Tonight is time for a reboot. A win changes everything.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Perhaps the fans shouldn't act like spoilt brats

How's it being spoilt lol

On 20/01/2020 at 11:51, RowlattsFox said:

I worry about set pieces again with these, especially if Snodgrass plays. Kasper either stays on his line and players are winning headers on the 6 yard line or he comes out and gets no where near it. We only have Evans and Soyuncu who can attack the ball. We need to gamble and leave a couple forward, probably our best chance of scoring at other end too.

Spot on with leaving players up when defending corners.

I personally never want to see vardy anywhere near our box. It just invites pressure.

And preferable at least one other pushed forward as well.

• Like 1

On 20/01/2020 at 12:22, FIF said:

BR tried to make a point dropping Hamza and Ben. He ****ed up! 

Neither should have been dropped.

Those calling for Maddison to be dropped are even crazier, without him we will create nothing. He's our most important player.

Iheanacho should be in for Perez.

A very self assured post.

However, apart from the last line, i disagree, but dont have any easy answers either. Not as confident as tou thats for certain. 😘

8 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

image.png.ff2b9c25bfff04e3d19b7130e40fb058.png

this is their predicted line up. Surely this team can be got at?!

Who out of this line would you like to see in our best starting 11.....?

34 minutes ago, gw_leics772 said:

I personally never want to see vardy anywhere near our box. It just invites pressure.

The problem is that Vardy is pretty good at defending the near post, and we have very players decent in the air. Definitely need a couple of players outside the box at least, we do break quickly to be fair even if we have everyone back. There were a couple of occasions at the weekend where we nearly got away but we didn't get the ball right.

I've heard various commentators say that teams have "worked us out", meaning that they know how to beat us.

This is part of every managers brief, to work out how to counter the opposition.

It's easy in principle but harder in reality, we haven't been " worked out" like we're a one trick pony, we had a brief loss of form like every other team bar one.

I am 100% confident we will resume our classy football from tonight- good teams don't become bad over night and city are a very good team.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, gw_leics772 said:

Whilst  I agree with the principle of keeping players up I think that you're wrong about Vardy. He's one of the best headers of a ball we have. He frequently wins balls in our box and without him there I think we'd be even weaker than we are. If Kasper could control his 6 yard box I'd agree with you but as it is I'd keep Vardy back and push Madderz or someone else who doesn't head the ball very well upfront. I even like to keep 2 or 3 up to force them to keep players back. Thinking on it Barnes would be great to be left up. he can't head a ball but he can certainly attack and torment a defence if 1v1 or 1v2.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

Said yesterday Antonio is out injured.

8 minutes ago, Realjimbo said:

I've heard various commentators say that teams have "worked us out", meaning that they know how to beat us.

This is part of every managers brief, to work out how to counter the opposition.

It's easy in principle but harder in reality, we haven't been " worked out" like we're a one trick pony, we had a brief loss of form like every other team bar one.

I am 100% confident we will resume our classy football from tonight- good teams don't become bad over night and city are a very good team.

Norwich and Saints yes worked us out. Man City did similar but you’d have expected them anyway to do us. Liverpool did what they always do. Burnley were just Burnley and we didn’t fancy it 

13 minutes ago, Realjimbo said:

I hope that you're right. I'm inclined to say that it is not, as asserted by some pundits, that we've been "worked out" but rather that we've lost the keystone of our midfield in Ndidi and as a result teams are able to work against us with relative impunity through the middle of the pitch. Mendy is a capable deputy but he's not able to do what Ndidi has done for us.

10 minutes ago, FIF said:

Whilst  I agree with the principle of keeping players up I think that you're wrong about Vardy. He's one of the best headers of a ball we have. He frequently wins balls in our box and without him there I think we'd be even weaker than we are. If Kasper could control his 6 yard box I'd agree with you but as it is I'd keep Vardy back and push Madderz or someone else who doesn't head the ball very well upfront. I even like to keep 2 or 3 up to force them to keep players back. Thinking on it Barnes would be great to be left up. he can't head a ball but he can certainly attack and torment a defence if 1v1 or 1v2.

Vardy wasn't picked to stay further up the pitch because he can't defend - he was picked for that role because his pace is terrifying for defenders and they simply cant afford to not have him double-marked in case of a breakaway. I'd wager that Vardy marking one man in the box isn't as effective as Vardy occupying 2 defenders outside of it, especially as it gives more room for Schmeichel to come and make a claim.

If we kept Vardy back and put Maddison up - for instance - then I don't think they'd be quite as worried by a potential break.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Norwich and Saints yes worked us out. Man City did similar but you’d have expected them anyway to do us. Liverpool did what they always do. Burnley were just Burnley and we didn’t fancy it 

Thing is the Rodgers he always wants to play out from the back which is stupid when against Liverpool even Southampton because they played 3 upfront and were straight in our face. A simple 4-4-2 would be fine in half the games we’ve struggled. Hoping to see a big improvement tonight.

2 minutes ago, Xen said:

Vardy wasn't picked to stay further up the pitch because he can't defend - he was picked for that role because his pace is terrifying for defenders and they simply cant afford to not have him double-marked in case of a breakaway. I'd wager that Vardy marking one man in the box isn't as effective as Vardy occupying 2 defenders outside of it, especially as it gives more room for Schmeichel to come and make a claim.

If we kept Vardy back and put Maddison up - for instance - then I don't think they'd be quite as worried by a potential break.

Your right in what you say but Vardy is good with his head most of the time he gets there if its anywhere near the front post.

If Vardy stays up front when they have a set piece/action in our half, then some defender of theirs may well stay back too, reducing the efficacy of any break.

Bring Vardy back, their defenders come forward, Wilf captures the ball, to Maddison or Youri -BOSH

On your bike Jamie, there is only 1 defender to run by :thumbup:

1 hour ago, FoxinNotts said:

This is exactly the type of team and set up we have struggled against for a short while. Lets hope we can find another solution to breaking it. 

6 minutes ago, Blanchflower78 said:

This is exactly the type of team and set up we have struggled against for a short while. Lets hope we can find another solution to breaking it. 

Keep the corner count down is a must against these especially if Wilf doesn't play. That Burnley goal showed a vulnaribility I thought had gone.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Xen said:

That's naive.

You don't think that teams won't play 2 defenders against Maddison or even Hamza? Of course they will and they do. Teams don't put extra players back because it's Vardy. However Vardy can and does prevent goals with his defensive headers. If he wasn't there we'd concede more and we wouldn't have any chance of a break.

Even if I go with your hypothesis, the fact that I said to play Barnes up - who doesn't head a ball very well - is as much a breakaway threat as Vardy. Barnes is as quick and can dribble a ball well (whether he'd score is another question).