Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

West Ham (H) pre match

One thing this current run should have taught anyone who didnt already know is that neither Maddison, Vards, Ricardo or Chilwell at his best is the MVP in our team its without a doubt Wilf.

Ndidi is the unsung heart of city's success, rarely picked as MOTM but - as we've witnessed irreplaceable within our squad.

Expect heavy interest from Real Arsenal, Utd and big Euro clubs in the summer--unfortunately.

I'm thinking ABW.... anyone but Wilf!

15 minutes ago, Realjimbo said:

One thing this current run should have taught anyone who didnt already know is that neither Maddison, Vards, Ricardo or Chilwell at his best is the MVP in our team its without a doubt Wilf.

Ndidi is the unsung heart of city's success, rarely picked as MOTM but - as we've witnessed irreplaceable within our squad.

Expect heavy interest from Real Arsenal, Utd and big Euro clubs in the summer--unfortunately.

I'm thinking ABW.... anyone but Wilf!

IMHO we have one top, top player at each level of the outfield ...  Ricardo in defense, Ndidi in mid and Vardy up front.

Lots of other fine players, but those are the other two I'd pay the 100K/week that Vards gets.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Blanchflower78 said:

This is exactly the type of team and set up we have struggled against for a short while. Lets hope we can find another solution to breaking it. 

Was thinking the same thing. 3 across the front to press us high, Nobel and rice to cover balls into the middle. We could be in for another frustrating night of watching us struggle to play out from the back. 

Guest An Sionnach
1 minute ago, Fktf said:

Was thinking the same thing. 3 across the front to press us high, Nobel and rice to cover balls into the middle. We could be in for another frustrating night of watching us struggle to play out from the back. 

Time to go long for Vardy and Barnes to run onto then.

1 minute ago, An Sionnach said:

Time to go long for Vardy and Barnes to run onto then.

Yup. Plenty of space down the side of that back 3, you would imagine. Worked against Bournemouth early in the season too. 

14 minutes ago, KingsX said:

IMHO we have one top, top player at each level of the outfield ...  Ricardo in defense, Ndidi in mid and Vardy up front.

Lots of other fine players, but those are the other two I'd pay the 100K/week that Vards gets.

Ricardo is amazing, but our best defender is Jonny Evans.

Its not even close!

3 hours ago, FoxinNotts said:

image.png.ff2b9c25bfff04e3d19b7130e40fb058.png

this is their predicted line up. Surely this team can be got at?!

1 hour ago, Blanchflower78 said:

This is exactly the type of team and set up we have struggled against for a short while. Lets hope we can find another solution to breaking it. 

Snodgrass and Noble are 32, and Zabaleta is 35, and all three played 3 days ago.  Hope we attack that side of the pitch relentlessly in the second-half.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, coalvillefox said:

Despite our rocky form, only Liverpool and Man City have scored more goals than us in the last 10 games . The problem is, only Aston Villa, Norwich, Burnley and Bournemouth have conceeded more, so i'd argue that our problems are at the back rather than going forward.

Goals Scored

Man City 26

Liverpool 24

Leicester 17

Goals Conceeded

Aston Villa 23

Burnley 20

Norwich 17

Bournemouth 17

Leicester 15

A pourous midfield at the Standard we have reached hasnt helped.....We are basically a young team,Building on new ideas and aiming a tad higher than we believed possible...Now lets see After a few obvious hiccups, if we can hit those hights in Performance again...!!

• Like 1

Guest An Sionnach
3 minutes ago, NaijaFox said:

Snodgrass and Noble are 32, and Zabaleta is 35, and all three played 3 days ago.  Hope we attack that side of the pitch relentlessly in the second-half.

Old Zab uses the same monkey gland dealer as Vardy and plays like the Duracell bunny.

Guest An Sionnach
2 minutes ago, Detroit Blues said:

His lack of pace makes him a weakness that we should be looking to exploit between Barnes/Vardy. 

True , so he's almost certain to get a yellow . Moyes will be nervous about going down to ten.

3 hours ago, FIF said:

Whilst  I agree with the principle of keeping players up I think that you're wrong about Vardy. He's one of the best headers of a ball we have. He frequently wins balls in our box and without him there I think we'd be even weaker than we are. If Kasper could control his 6 yard box I'd agree with you but as it is I'd keep Vardy back and push Madderz or someone else who doesn't head the ball very well upfront. I even like to keep 2 or 3 up to force them to keep players back. Thinking on it Barnes would be great to be left up. he can't head a ball but he can certainly attack and torment a defence if 1v1 or 1v2.

Thats a  couple of responses saying the same.

All i keep thinking abiut is the good old breakaway goals in 15/16 but I'll try to keep an eye on it tonight.

I do however pride myself on remembering very little of the intricacies of the game as soon as the whistle goes.

Edited by gw_leics772
  • Haha 1

On 19/01/2020 at 21:42, Bert said:

1-1

We dominate the ball 

West Ham score late in the first half on the break 

We huff and puff throughout the second half and equalise with 15 to go 

I have high hopes and expectations but sadly I think you might be spot on Bert ....   :(

• Like 1