Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

West Ham (H) pre match

Can’t see us getting anything, unfortunately. 

We’re in really poor form and look a little lightweight and fragile. Midfield is quite timid and ineffective when we aren’t playing well. 

(Obviously hope I’m way off the mark and that we come out all guns blazing and zip the ball about). 

2 hours ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

I think Nacho deserves another chance from the start and therefore I'd sacrifice Maddison out wide for the sake of a 4-4-2 as Vardy isn't quite at the droppable stage and could do with a goal. 

Kasper

Ricardo

Caglar

Evans

Chilwell (focused and with a point to prove)

Albrighton

Youri

Wilf (Hamza if not fit)

Madders

Nacho

Vardy

I disagree Mike - we don’t need proper wide men, it’s clear to me now. Let’s just go strong through the middle with round pegs in round holes.

.............................Kasper

..................Evans..............Soyunco 
.............................Mendy..........................

..............................Youri

Ricardo..............Madders...........Chilwell

..............................Perez

.............................Nacho 

..............................Vardy 

Its just frustrating I can’t get Barnes through the middle as well in that direct line up...

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

I disagree Mike - we don’t need proper wide men, it’s clear to me now. Let’s just go strong through the middle with round pegs in round holes.

Its just frustrating I can’t get Barnes through the middle as well in that direct line up...

The Inverted Dead Christmas Tree formation.

Visionary :worship:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

He links up better with Chilwell than the other wingers and we need Youri to find some form.

Whilst I agree it's not ideal, Maddison is still a threat even out of position.

Maddison has been shit in every single game he's played out wide. There genuinely hasn't been one good performance from him when played on the wing.

think we need to go 3 at the back and geta bit more protection for Chilly- Fuchs as third CB, tell hamza to sit in front of the defense...madders and tielemens in the middle with iheanacho and Barnes either side of vardy

EDIT: scratch that. might get in a bit of trouble. :whistle:

Barnes to the bench and iheanacho and vardy up front.

Edited by MPH

32 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

I Burnt mine....:D

Mines still next to me in full glory in the lounge! (Ron is an 8 footer from Welford Xmas tree farm) It’s not dropped any needles and lives on so I’m not throwing it out until it actually dies!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Swan Lesta said:

Ahhhhh the classic 2-1-1-3-1-1-1 formation! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Swan Lesta said:

You’re just not trying hard enough, that’s all. Drop Ricky and play Barnes as a 10. Simple. 

I think someone else has hinted at this but as the win away at West ham was only a matter of weeks ago, why would you not pick the same team?

For anyone who can't remember or CBA to look for it, here it is.

Kasper

Justin

Morgan

Evans

Fuchs

Gray

Albrighton

Hamza

Mendy

Nacho

Perez

Also note that the two goalscorers started (Gray and Nacho), so we didn't rely on the subs.

I'm not saying it's the line up I'd pick but at the least- bearing in mind how we've performed for most of the matches since it's a good argument.

Schmeichel

Evans

Soyuncu

Fuchs

Ricardo

Barnes 

Praet

Tielemans

Maddison

Vardy

Iheancho

Give Barnes the licence of that whole left hand side to drive at Zabaleta with speed, Fuchs can shuffle across on the cover. 

Praet is more than capable of playing the holding role, giving Maddison & Tielemans the freedom to go and express themselves against West Hams middle 2 of Rice & Noble. 

• Like 2

Don't think this will be a roll over like the last game. Moyes seems to have got a bit of steel back into them. They will come and play deep, happy to let us knock the ball around in front of them and look for the draw or snatch it on the counter or a set piece. I hope that we can get a bit of our earlier tempo back though. If we go ahead we should keep pressing and go for the throat rather than thinking it is job done. As much as I want Nacho to continue his good form, the thing I really want to see is Vardy back amongst the goals. Every striker will go through a barren patch at some time during the season, and this is his, hopefully a lot shorter than his scoring run.

3 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Maddison has been shit in every single game he's played out wide. There genuinely hasn't been one good performance from him when played on the wing.

It also results in the left back being completely hung out to dry because he doesn’t drop back to help out, often drifting into the middle leaving the other team 2 on 1 against the left back

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1